The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: LR: Left-Hand RLA?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone considered using the RLA on a competitive design? I would imagine that it makes a great left-hand weapon if the weight can be managed. If people can manage using FENRIR, I'm sure a decent design using the left RLA is possible.

It's probably one of the least-used weapons I see in the game. What do you guys think of it? I'm going to try making a design utilizing the left RLA when I get home.

Any ideas?
Actually, we are already using RLA in competitive designs...
Check Wanzer Freak's Talos Bruiser Southpaw Variant in page 1 and my Ender in page 4 of the designs forums...

Basically, RLA is often combined here as a complementary weapon for RL...
I'm thinking of combining this with the Shade...
I actualy made a staple design using the RLA with the right hand RL and EOs which I think is pretty competitive. The thread got pruned, but I still have the AC in my garage. I'll prolly look it up later.
<a href='http://ravenrepublic-forums.cjb.net/index.php?showtopic=233' target='_blank'>Clickety-click</a>. Big grin

This AC by Tim was the one that started up the whole left-handed AC discussion on these boards.
and people call us "minimalistic". Ermm

anyway, left hand rla is great in conjunction with backmount missiles+relations. it works great with the zooks too. the immense stun provides a great chance for all three orange haloed bolts to hit.
All in all...

The RLA is not a good solo or dual wield weapon or even back up...
But as additional fire, It rocks not only because of it usefulness, but AC's with low stability as well...
Quote:The RLA is not a good solo or dual wield weapon or even back up...
But as additional fire, It rocks not only because of it usefulness, but AC's with low stability as well...

aren't you contradicting yourself, monkey boy? Smile)
No no no...

Additional fire is different from back-up fire...

Back-up is for when your AC is equipped with and energy weapon and your guage's dry...

Additional fire is when the left weapon -namely the RLA- is added/combined to the right arm weapon's fire...

Shifty If I am to contradict myself, I would be using the same term...
Usually made a bunch of ACs na RLA, just maybe because of the "Karasawa look-alike" gun. I only used them with the missles, which is not really that useful since lol look at the weight, your core'll kick your ass for doing that, but I think that's just my idea, lol. XD

Heh, I have to spam again.
I have -=FAILED=-, lol.

I just couldn't manage the massive weight into any of my designs. It just isn't my kind of left-hand weapon, the way it fires just isn't towards my preference.

Left-hand weapons I use are: SG, NIX, DRAGON, SRS, R3.
Heh, I'll post up a Lefty RLA design tommorow. Its gonna be tasty.
Quote:I have -=FAILED=-, lol.

I just couldn't manage the massive weight into any of my designs. It just isn't my kind of left-hand weapon, the way it fires just isn't towards my preference.

Left-hand weapons I use are: SG, NIX, DRAGON, SRS, R3.

Heh, that's actually the reason why it's useless, compared to the 93RL, lol
useless!?

<a href='http://ravenrepublic-forums.cjb.net/index.php?showtopic=405&hl=' target='_blank'>go here to see what the rl+rla combo can do.</a>

No no
<!--QuoteBegin-Pale Horse+Jan 24 2007, 06:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pale Horse @ Jan 24 2007, 06:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
Heh, that's actually the reason why it's useless, compared to the 93RL, lol [/quote:c7abc785fa]
were talking about the left hand RLA.
Although it can't compare to the RL when in the right arm, it's a good left arm weapon if youre willing to deal with the weight. The enemy will have a hard time to dodge if you take advantage of its quick firing interval.
ho noes, didn't know that, lol
Pages: 1 2