The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Laser Rifles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Topic.

NO, I don't really need it. The Shade, Fenrir, and the Karasawa laser rifles are the only ones I need, since the Karasawa and the Fenrir is actually too heavy for my LWs (max weight isn't my prob, but the max arm weight is), well the Shade may be nice for its stats, but somehow I don't actually prefer it to be equipped in my ACs. It simply doesn't fit my style. Fenrir is damn good. Usually my part breaker, but somehow I have many AC designs, so I don't really need it.
SHADE, SHADE2 and 98L are actually top-tier choices, but yeah I don't like them too much. I like the GRIFFON for the left hand though.
Not really THAT important in the sense that they are not among my automatic first choices when making ACs, but yes I use them.

NiX pretty much got it correct. Around 30-40% of the good choices in the arsenal of LR are made up of energy weapons. Not rifles per se, but energy weapons nonetheless.

I think that Fenrir, unlike the Shade or Mini-Sawa, needs some specialization to equip because of its dastardly heavy equip weight. Same goes for the Sawa, and Hollow, etc. You just can't pop on those guns and call it a day, unlike the first two.

By the way, I edited the poll. Please revote.
well i really do not know... you have to specialize your AC so that you can use energy weapons effectively... i find the sawa and spirit to be too heavy... i like the griffon and the dragon laser weapon... is a blade considered an energy weapon? if so then yun na! blade na lang...
aah...
Laser Rifles?

I use laser rifles...
A lot!

Shade and Karasawa most of the time...
Energy resistance is usually the weakness most AC's have...

so yeah, I usually abuse that...
Not to mention that energy weapons, specially laser rifles can have their offensive stats enhanced through optional parts.

I alwys combine laser rifles with shell weapons for back-up, just in case I overheat and run out of energy...
Quote:well i really do not know... you have to specialize your AC so that you can use energy weapons effectively... i find the sawa and spirit to be too heavy... i like the griffon and the dragon laser weapon... is a blade considered an energy weapon? if so then yun na! blade na lang...

Yes of course, LB's are energy weapons. But dude they're not laser rifles, the topic actually refers to the laser rifle weapons type, not energy weapons.
Even if they're powerful, it already puts you at a disadvantage(focusing on energy management) and i think this is a question of wheter you want one rather than needing one, but of course, we want one.
the only laser weapon i would equip would probably be the dragon or the griffon... the dragon because of the ammo and the griffon because it's like the RL... but if i equip a laser rifle i t would have to be on the left arm and not on the right... aheheheh
I only use 3 energy weapons in my entire garage:

1. SHADE
2. DRAGON (Left hand)
3. YASYA

SHADE + R3 = w00t. The spam-tastic mix of choice for solid and long-lasting damage that incorporates both damage types.

HOLLOW + DRAGON = /-\\/\/s0|\/|3. The HOLLOW alone is enough to be a spam cannon, but with the complimentary damage from the DRAGON it's a definate way to keep the EN amount needed to fire at a more than managable minimum.

YASYA + EO Core = |2/-\\/\/|2. When there are stationary orbital cannons firing along with an EO core, there's definately some tremendous pressure placed on any given target within the immediate area. Tricky to manage in open areas, it's primarily a tactical cross of weaponry.