The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Roh's Fiction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just posted Branded in the fanfic and literature section its something I wrote awhile back but never completed. Id like to complete it someday though but Ill probably need help. let me know what you think.

Im told I have a very "matter of fact" style that I write like I feel I owe it to the reader to explain things.
but Ive more or less gotten good feedback.

I also have some more of branded that i havent edited yet about a couple more episodes worth can I post that in here?.
well I just started on Branded and I'm not finished reading it yet, so I'll edit this post when I finish. You might wanna break the story up into little paragraphs so it will be easier.
why do you think I broke it into episodes heh you shouldve seen the mess it was in before editing
no I mean into little paragraphs like Heavenfall or any of Fox's works. Trust me, I found it much easier to read once I started doing it like that.
<!--QuoteBegin-strawhat_luffy+Jan 14 2007, 08:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (strawhat_luffy @ Jan 14 2007, 08:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> no I mean into little paragraphs like Heavenfall or any of Fox's works. Trust me, I found it much easier to read once I started doing it like that. [/quote:26294c791b]
that would take some doing Ive little patience for that sort of thing wish I did
lolspamlol

anyway, I finished reading it. It was pretty good, very detailed, though you do need to edit and fix some spelling/grammar errors. Other than that, its all good. Can't wait for more.

EDIT: thanks for inspiring me to start editing/rewriting CINTC, once I do that I'm gonna put it up.
yeah I know theres lots of errors I work in three stages
1: just get it written
2: correct any glaring errors terrible spelling add full stops some rewording etc etc
3: major edit add filler delete crap reword stuff that doesnt sound right

stage 1 and 2 are done in bursts write some do the next stage write some more and so on stage 3 comes after I write the whole thing so none of this is fully edited yet

Im going to add some unfinished crap that I wrote still just stage 1
Eloquently written and nicely detailed, your work shows a lot of promise.

I think i recognize elements of fantasy in your works. Have you read any of the Forgotten Realms books because "Branded" rather reminds of them.

You could break the paragraphs down into smaller ones if you like. They are easier to read that way but i think it would detract a little from your writing style if you do. Every writer has their own way of doing things and your's is a pretty fresh departure from what we currently have here.

Hope to see some AC-related works from you soon. Keep it up!
Ive never heard of "forgotten realms" but Ill look ithem up Im currently reading books written by Terry Brooks and Larry Niven.

I have a few AC related idea's but its going to have to wait ... my mouse's right click button isn't working right now got to get a new one.
<!--QuoteBegin-Roh+Jan 15 2007, 01:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Roh @ Jan 15 2007, 01:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Ive never heard of "forgotten realms" but Ill look ithem up Im currently reading books written by Terry Brooks and Larry Niven. [/quote:f4187f3007]
"Shannara" fan?
<!--QuoteBegin-Fox+Jan 16 2007, 03:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fox @ Jan 16 2007, 03:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Roh+Jan 15 2007, 01:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Roh @ Jan 15 2007, 01:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Ive never heard of "forgotten realms" but Ill look ithem up Im currently reading books written by Terry Brooks and Larry Niven. [/quote:ed13f5a275]
"Shannara" fan? [/quote:ed13f5a275]
shannara and the word & void series

have you read larry nivens ringworld?
<!--QuoteBegin-Roh+Jan 17 2007, 06:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Roh @ Jan 17 2007, 06:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Fox+Jan 16 2007, 03:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fox @ Jan 16 2007, 03:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Roh+Jan 15 2007, 01:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Roh @ Jan 15 2007, 01:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Ive never heard of "forgotten realms" but Ill look ithem up Im currently reading books written by Terry Brooks and Larry Niven. [/quote:ae8e4d15ce]
"Shannara" fan? [/quote:ae8e4d15ce]
shannara and the word & void series

have you read larry nivens ringworld? [/quote:ae8e4d15ce]
Not yet, although i've been hearing good reviews about it. I'll put it on my "stuff to get" list the next time i visit a bookstore.

You're from the UK right? Are Warhammer 40K books still being rolled out there? Pretty annoying here because most shops have stopped carrying their novels. And i was so close to completing the Gaunt's Ghosts series, only three more books to go... >Sad
warhammer 40k hmm cant say for sure I havnt really looked into them

Ive played a couple of games erm blood angels for ps1 (I think thats what it was called) and fire warrior for ps2 (I also have 5 badly painted space marines collecting dust on my shelf)
Space Marines eh? Now that's a good idea for a fanfic...

I've done a couple of fics set in the 41st Millenium but mostly about the Imperial Guard (that was around 2003), been wanting to do a one-shot about the Adeptus Astartes but i've never found enough motivation. Now seems as good a time as any, hehehe. I'll get to work on it now that i'm done with Chapter Twenty of "Wings".
my knowledge of warhammer is somewhat trite I have little understanding of what you say although I do know some ... about tao ... and space marines ... blood angels (their vampires right?) ... gene stealers just scimming the surface though
Pages: 1 2