The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Sol
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pilot Name: Blessed
AC Name: Sol

Head: CR-H05XS-EYE3(7 cooling, 3 def energy)
Core: CR-YC010/UL2(6 wieght, 4 def energy)
Arms: CR-A88FG(6 shell, 4 cooling)
Legs: LR01-GOAT(10 cooling)<== Low tier legs FTW!!
Booster: B03-VULTURE2(4 power, 6 accel)
FCS: CR-F73H
Generator: LOTUS(10 output)
Radiator: ANANDA(10 cooling)
Inside: I01M-URCHIN
Extension: CR-E73RM
Back Unit R: NONE
Back Unit L: CR-WB69M
Arm Unit R: WR22PL-OGRE2
Arm Unit L: CR-WH01HP

Arm Unit R Hanger: NONE
Arm Unit L Hanger: CR-WH69H

Optionals: ANIMO, ES, SS, L+, CODON, GOLGI, R+, MARISHI

Discription:
This AC is a variant to Frostfell. Unlike its sister, this AC was design for flat out CQ assaults, dealing massive damage and possibly gen busting my opponent.

Tactics:
OB within CQ range and blast my opponent with constant OGRE2/HP fire, throwing Urchins to trip them up and to add more heat. If they start to show some major retaliation, back up and fire some missles until I can set up a joust line and OB in from there.

Known Issues:
Cooling is subpar for the b/g/r setup, but its still managable.

Comments/Notes:
The Goat legs provide tighter slide jumping, thus its a keeper on this design.
The Ogre2 does behave like the Ettin in many ways: very drainy, but also very powerful when it hits. That, combined with the HP, should be enough to put anyone in some serious heat problems.

Defenses are pretty light for something supposed to go in CQ though. No matter how you flank them, you will still get hit, and that could prove to be the downfall of this.

I tried out the Goat legs, and I felt that the slide-jump performance was no better than that of the 84M. I dunno though, that's just me.

Otherwise, this is a pretty fun AC. Big grin
i would recommend the gar in place of the rm because it should last you longer.
H: EYE3 (70% Cooling / 30% Energy DEF)
C: /UL2 (60% Weight / 40% Energy DEF)
A: FG (60% Shell DEF / 40% Cooling)
L: GOAT (100% Cooling)
B: BIRDIE2 / VULTURE2 (???% Boost Power, ???% Boost Acceleration)
FCS: F73H
GEN: G91 / LOTUS (100% EN Output)
RAD: HAZEL / ANANDA (100% Cooling)
INS: URCHIN
EXT: GAR / RM / RM2 / RM3
BUR: -
BUL: 69M / NYMPHE / MAGORAGA
AUR: OGRE2
AUL: WRAITH
HUR: WRAITH
HUL: 69H

OPs: ANIMO / O69ES / O69SS / L+ / CODON / GOLGI / R+ / MARISHI

-=-=-=-

They're just minor adjustments.

If your AC is light enough, use the BIRDIE2 for some great acceleration. At work, can't test it right now, so I don't know if it's a good idea. BIRDIE2 does burn much cooler than the VULTURE2 as well, so that might be another reason to try it, given how your AC seems to have some cooling issues.

Switched the G91 for the LOTUS for less calorific value, which will help make cooling much easier on your AC since you're utilizing parts that don't rate very high in the cooling department but have relatively low EN drain. As long as your setup has an EN Supply of 3,100+, I think you can use that generator.

If it's possible, trade-in the ANANDA for the HAZEL. I'm at work and can't test it at the moment, but if the AC can handle the change then do it. Less weight and energy drain while still maintaining performance is always a welcome factor to any AC.

The WRAITH packs more heat per-shot and unloads its ammo faster than the 69H and HP despite the reduced attack power. It's up to you though, so use what you feel is best. It's hard to go 'wrong' with those handguns.

I changed the FCS to the F73H. It has a longer lock distance and locks faster than the LIMPET. In order to use the OGRE2 effectively against a human AC opponent, you'll need a little time to lock-on before closing the gap and firing your pink burst of destruction. That means having the ability to lock-on from a distance.

You can use the 69M for long duration missile spamming, the NYMPHE for bursts, or the MAGORAGA for keeping your opoonent on the move. They're all very close to one another in equipping value, so those are just a few options to choose from.

Extensions are up to you. The AC doesn't -need- one, however they're nice to have for the start of a match.

Have fun.
I feel ya on the FCS and the Gen. LIMPET was workin good till I fought LCC last week, his hover was killin me. I've already changed the Gen to Lotus, just didn't make the changes here yet.

Birdie2 is good if I'm whoring out the OB, but I don't use UL/2 in that manner.

I'll go ahead and make the changes now.
i like the ogre2. it fires a reeeeeeeeaaaaaally long pink plasma bolt that results in a bigger explosion than the ogre1. Big grin

and who cares if the goat is low-tier! (i also prefer the dingo over the dingo2) it probably has the lowest stationary drain of all RJs, which is good for this design.