The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: LR: Underrated Weapons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This topic is for weapons that are overlooked and/or underrated because they don't perform the way some players would like them to, despite the fact they have massive potential as great AC weaponry. I always see people suggesting the same stuff everyone else does such as RL, NIX, SHADE, etc. As I look over the designs people post, I notice how well some of the weapons that are seldom ever mentioned would go very well with them.

These are a few parts that come to mind:

-= RA2 (Right Hand AST Rifle) =-

Fast-firing AST rifle, decent ammo amount, above average shot velocity.

-= RS2* (Right Hand Sniper Rifle) =-

Decent equipping weight given the ammo amount, above average shot velocity.

-= G2 (Right Hand Grenade Launcher) =-

Lightweight for a GL, decent damage.

-= GOLEM* (Left Hand Sniper Rifle) =-

Somewhat heavy weight is compensated by increased damage and shot velocity.

-= SRSS (Left Hand Sniper Rifle) =-

Lightweight complimentary weapon, great for a variety of designs.

-= WL9SG* (Left Hand Grenade Launcher) =-

Specialized weapon, has decent weight, damage, stun, and heat.

-= DRAGON* (Left Hand Energy Rifle) =-

Specialized complimentary weapon with balanced overall stats, no ups or downs.

-= YASYA* (Dual Back Unit Orbital Cannon) =-

An extremely specialized complimentary weapon useable on few designs. Can be used as both a defensive and offensive weapon.

======
Weapons with a '*' by their name are ones that I use on my staples.
======

What weapons do you think are underrated?
Quote:-= DRAGON* (Left Hand Energy Rifle) =-

Specialized complimentary weapon with balanced overall stats, no ups or downs.

actually, it does have ups and downs.
Most of the Grenade Launchers have terrible shot velocity and often miss when you are in range against most ACs, albeit it does have great damage and stun like you said, but inaccuracy makes it pretty bad

The Dragon has damage potential. Its low weight is compensated for its low damage rating, it does provide some good heat, but I dont really like it.
The Ghost2 handgun. It's quite overshadowed in talk by the HP, 69H and the Wraith, but it's actually quite a good handgun.

The Sylph MG. Hangerable, and still quite accurate. Was one of the guns of choice by many players before the advent of the Nix.

Empusa2 verts. Yes, the MV beats it in terms of drain, attack power and heat, but the Empusa locks on quicker, leading to better spammability. At times, that's all you need, like when your opponent has Kissyoh on.
Ahh, yesh yesh, the Ghost2/Slyph combo I approve of because I use it one of my ACs.
Quote:Actually, it does have its ups and downs.

What are the DRAGON's ups and downs?

Quote:Most of the Grenade Launchers have terrible shot velocity and often miss when you are in range against most ACs, albeit it does have great damage and stun like you said, but inaccuracy makes it pretty bad.

Although the slow shot velocity is true, it's definately accurate at close-range. I honestly don't see why someone who is aware of this fact would shoot it past 130m in distance unless they thought they had a -very- good chance of hitting their target.

The GLs are like the SELENA core's EO, accurate and powerful at close range. This is incredibly useful to players like myself that enjoy keeping the pressure on the target.
Quote:What are the DRAGON's ups and downs?

ups:

-standard lock
-low weight
-low equip drain and usage drain

downs:

-quite weak, and unlike the hollow, this thing can't be spammed because of it's slow reload time.
-inacurrate.

in summary:

it looks good on paper, but it's overshadowed by other en weapons in practice.
The 69M machine gun is actually kinda underrated.

It has good speed, nice attack, reasonable ammo its just that it weighs more than the Pixie3 and doesnt have the straightest pattern in the world. Its kinda like a bigger Slyph in a way.
Only Ettin and Fenrir, kasi nga mga mabibigat sila and the Ettin miss, and -2 on the ammo, while the Fenrir has a long reloading time, sorry for the ones that use the two weapons metioned, hehehe.
Some underrated weapons in my own view:

ROC2: Gets replaced by the ROC4, though its firing interval is shorter. Useful as a hanger part since ROC4 is illegalized as a hangerable weapon.

GHOST2: Lots of ammo and gets a nice firing interval. Though gets replaced by other handguns probably due to its special lock, instead of WS. Too bad this thing can't be hangered.

PERYTON: I don't see a lot of people use this weapon. Probably because its very LOW on ammunition storage and has a HIGH firing interval, but I like this kind of finisher.

KINNARA: Haha. Seven micros, but it really doesn't work well with AC players, and even some of the AIs.

SYLPH: Pretty nice for a small and hangerable weapon. Shoots in a straight line, which is accurate for me.

WL9SG: Works fine with me. Twenty shots would be OK for its heat and attack rate.

DEMON: I only saw one that used it, and that was Altair. XP

RS2: Better firing interval than RS, but I think I'd still prefer the RS than this, though I really don't know why, probably because the RS is more accurate.

Rockets: Haha. It would require a lot of effort to master these, but the EN drain, ammo, and the atk power looks good.

Zookies: I get the feeling that only a few number of players would use these for their ACs.

SPIRIT: Ah! Slow weapon lock. If an enemy gets off your lock box, your lock gets ruined, especially if you guys are currently in long range combat. XP

FINGER: I don't really know if this thing is underrated or not. I suck at using these weapons lol.
[/QUOTE]
Quote:KINNARA: Haha. Seven micros, but it really doesn't work well with AC players, and even some of the AIs.

I heard that the Kinnara has a tighter missile spread than the Karura, and other two micro missiles.

Quote:QUOTE]SPIRIT: Ah! Slow weapon lock. If an enemy gets off your lock box, your lock gets ruined, especially if you guys are currently in long range combat. XP

I use the Spirit on one of my AC, better than the KRSW in terms of firepower, ammo, but the shot is like a Laser Rifle, unlike the KRSW which is like a true Laser Rifle

Oh yeah, the Sylph and the Finger is just the same, refer to Rim Fire, 'cauz both of them could be hangerable.
I know. The problem is if that weapon is underrated or not. I'd prefer the SYLPH over the FINGER anyway, even if FINGER doesn't have any magazines.
Finger's are my worst weapons on my teory, 'cauz it waste so much ammo, ey I got a question, do anyone here uses Ettin or Fenrir, wala lang, anyway, othere underated weapons, is those laser rifles, like the Hollow, Skull, Skull 2, Griffon, etc.
Jack O:
I used FENRIR a lot before. Breaks parts quite well, but there are better combinations that would easily break someone's parts without even carrying anything THAT heavy and big. Tongue

Topic:
I think the SAWA was overrated before, and now it's underrated. Not everyone uses it now, at least it has been balanced.

Haha. Maybe the OGRE series are also underrated. I don't see anyone using it.
KRSW will always be overrated. I think eveyone has/ or wants a KRSW+MOONLIGHT AC---except me.

That long barreled back mounted linear gun.
Back mounted pulse laser cannon. I rarely see anyone using them.
Pages: 1 2