The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: general purpose AC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need advice on building an AC that can handle most situations

my work so far

Head YH15-DRONE
Core CR-C89E
Arms A01-GALAGO
Legs LHO7-DINGO2 (not sure about this)
Booster B04-BIRDIE2
FCS CR-F91DSN
Generator CR-G91
Radiator ANANDA
Extension not sure about this but Id like an interlocking missile system mabye CR- E73RM or CR-E92RM3 that ones better but a bit heavy (I want to keep the boost speed up if I can)

Right Back Kinnara
Right Arm not sure about this either WR07M-PIXIE3 , CR-WR81R52 , CR-WR93RL , CR-WR93RL (pixie3 is my first choice so far but I dunno)

Left Arm CR-WL06LB4

Im trying to keep the over all running and boosting speed up ap up and have weapons for most ranges any advice?.
If you want to keep boost speed up, downgrade your arms to one of the lighter sets of arms like the Macaque or the XS, that will free up some weight for other weapons.

Birdie2 could be Vulture for its overall better boost power than the Birdie2.

RM3 should fit on the Arms now.

Arm weapons are up to you. Pixie3 is fine as a close range weapon and you can use a handgun for support or even an energy weapon.

Shade+HP or the tried and true RL+Griffon for a good mix of solid and EN weapons

FCS should be Volute, Monju, 73H imo.

The rest seems fine to me.
I was trying to keep the ap up with galago but Ill go with macaque (then again XS does offer more speed)
I like the CR-F91DSN's lock time and range unless theres something I dont know about is the lock box going to be small?.

Id rather not use energy weapons if it can be helped I dont want them to cut into my boost power.
The size of the lockbox depends on the lock type of your weapons

In the case of RL+Griffon, they are both special lock weapons and if you have the DSN equipped (which is ND fcs IIRC) then your lock box will be very small, whereas with the Volute, you will have a MUCH more favorable fox.

It will be easier to help you pick out the FCS once you ultimately decide what weapons you want on your arms.
what setup would give me the best range and biggest lockbox?
Probably the RL+Griffon which I used in the example above. I use it on my staple AC and its got good range and with the Volute, you have a reasonable lockbox to use as well.

Give it a shot.
uh huh ok and Ill think Ill vary the arm weapons and FCS from mission to mission it is supposed to be an adaptable design afterall.
The RL+Griffon is a very adaptable arm combo.

Here is a link to my AC with that combo, if you piloting is good, you can beat almost all the missions with a few adjustments of the back weapons, but I did beat Super Zinaida with him.

here it is --><a href='http://ravenrepublic.net/index.php?showtopic=396' target='_blank'>Tempest</a>
hmm I havent beaten her yet Id resort to cheats if I could T_T I mean she cheats why cant I grr.
hows this for a setup? Ive been using it to take on Zinaida and its the only setup Ive had any success with

I use the sniper rifle to shoot the suicide mt's and drop it before zinaida the CR-WB85RPX is for the internecine which also gets dropped before zinaida.

any advice?

Head YH15-DRONE
Core CR-C89E
Arms A01-GALAGO
Legs LHO7-DINGO2
Booster B04-BIRDIE2
FCS MF03-VOLUTE2
Generator CR-G91
Radiator ANANDA
Extension CR-E92RM3 that ones
right back WB01M-NYMPH
left back CR-WB85RPX
right arm CR-WR73RS
left arm CR-WH01HP
You dont need to focus on the suicide mts, all you have to do is sidestep them and you should be fine. if you are ground boosting/running, just focus and move out of the way of the ground mts, you can get away with 2 hits from them and still beat Zinaida.

You can use the RL alongside the HP for a good hand combo. I would advise you to use a hanger core, like th U3-U4 and pocket a 69H under the HP, that way you can have more ammo to help take her out.
Im not good at dodging the mt's so I shoot em instead heh
To dodge them, all you need is a fast lock FCS, Volute will work, and look down and the FCS will lock on to the MT at a long enough range for you do dodge it in time, corners are harder because you have to guess and hope your lucky enough not to be hit by them.
wheres the point in baseing that part of the level on luck (the corners) especially with such a hard boss afterwards seems like bad level design to me.
<!--QuoteBegin-Roh+Dec 23 2006, 10:02 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Roh @ Dec 23 2006, 10:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> wheres the point in baseing that part of the level on luck (the corners) especially with such a hard boss afterwards seems like bad level design to me. [/quote:2894ebeb04]
Almost all of AC's missions speak of bad level design. Save for a memorable few, and that was mostly because of the atmosphere/background music.

That final Zinny mission was only made hard because you had to go through all sorts of other stuff before getting to fight her.
Pages: 1 2