The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Foresight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pilot Name: Blessed
AC Name: Foresight

Head: H07-CRICKET (5 cooling, 5 shell)
Core: CR-C840U/L (5 weight, 5 shell)
Arms: CR-A88FG (4 cooling, 6 shell)
Legs: CR-LRJ84M (3 cooling, 7 max leg weight)
Booster: CR-B81(10 power)
FCS: Volute
Generator: LOTUS (10 output)
Radiator: ANANDA (10 cooling)
Inside: NONE
Extension: CR-E73RM
Back Unit R: WB34M-ECHIDNA2
Back Unit L: WB01M-NYMPHE
Arm Unit R: CR-WR84RA2
Arm Unit L: CR-YWH05R3

Arm Unit R Hanger: NONE
Arm Unit L Hanger: CR-WL79LB2
Optionals: ANIMO, ES, SS, L+, CODON, PRIMER, MARASHI

Paint Scheme:
0/0/0
50/20/50
110/100/110
0/135/0
140/140/140

Discription:
The concept of this design came to me a while back when I was playing with my homeboys in a mock tourny. I wanted a design that can outlast my opponent when it came to weaponry so I can carefully study his/her movements and attack patterns. And so far, this AC has perform quite well with that strategy. I have caught some eyes on kai and at home not only because of the way it is designed, but because the strategy that incorporates with it.

Tactics:
OB within 275-300 meters and fire an echidna into the air while using the R3 for cover fire and keeping lock on my opponent. Afterwards, I can either drop the Echidna, or fire the extra shot and OB away. Once the Echidna is gone, just fire away with rifles while whoring out the OB for evasion, ocassionally firing a missle volley here and there. Once the R3 runs out, drop it and rush in using RM/NYMPHE to give me the blade shots I want.

Known Issus:
Stability can become a problem if the legs break
Kinda Frail
You HAVE to win the early game in order to win with this AC

Vs Record:
43-11

Notes:
Changed the Elf3 to LB2 weight and drain purposes
Changed the Funi/Spartoi missile setup to RM/Nymphe
Im guessing you picked the Cricket because of its lightweight? If I am wrong, I am wondering why you picked that head over all the the other heads. Does it have to do with blade tracking?

Arms, I would pick the XS out of instinct, but I see why you went with the arms you went with.

Why the B81? Do you plan to fly often? You didnt state anything like that in your tactics area, so I am wondering.

Im not fond of the Funi, but what it gives in the exchange of EN drain could work and you plan to use it as distractions once your rushing commences, so stick with em. If not the Funi, the Gar work as well too.

Do you fire the Echinda just to fire it, or do you aim to hit your opponent with it?

Alright, im done playing '21 questions' with your design, lol. Im just intrigued by it.
<!--QuoteBegin-Crimson+Dec 15 2006, 07:56 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crimson @ Dec 15 2006, 07:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Im guessing you picked the Cricket because of its lightweight? If I am wrong, I am wondering why you picked that head over all the the other heads. Does it have to do with blade tracking?

Arms, I would pick the XS out of instinct, but I see why you went with the arms you went with.

Why the B81? Do you plan to fly often? You didnt state anything like that in your tactics area, so I am wondering.

Im not fond of the Funi, but what it gives in the exchange of EN drain could work and you plan to use it as distractions once your rushing commences, so stick with em. If not the Funi, the Gar work as well too.

Do you fire the Echinda just to fire it, or do you aim to hit your opponent with it?

Alright, im done playing '21 questions' with your design, lol. Im just intrigued by it.[/quote:5cf64fcfdc]
The reason why I chose the Cricket is because of its good EN defense and blade tracking, and the fact that its sexy on the design. Of course I've tried other heads like the EYE and EYE 3, but I use those two way too much

I went B81 for two reasons; Flight time and OBing in midair while boosting(Throws people off and heat isnt TOO much of a factor). Not to mention it matches with U/L's OB colour.

When I fire the Echidna's I actually try to hit with the first shot, the second shot I just fire off into the air. Sometimes ill switch it up by blindly firing the first and aiming the second, depending on the stage.
echidna2 is a great dropper weapon. Big grin

btw, ever tried testing the cricket vs. eye4 in terms of blade tracking?
Cool design. I'm totally loving RJs now.

The main critique I have of this AC would be on the legs. Why not the Gazelle? Aside from the obvious advantages on paper, it also seems to last longer than the 84Ms. And it's even less on the drain.

Also, I'm not so sure about the Funi. They're not totally accurate, even when combined with the Spartoi, not to mention heavy and drainy. I'd recommend switching out to the RM2 or Gar.

That R3 + RA2 is a surprising combo. Steady fire from the right combined with quick bursts from the left. Should rattle some people. While it doesn't induce something like "ZOMG, AP RAEP" like an RL + BP combo would Tongue, it gets you there.
BP+RLA is possible on Bruiser. Tongue

anyway,

the gazelle breaks easily. it's like the dingo2 of rj legs.
Actually DINGO2 breaking easily seems overrated to me. After countless hours of play, I've noticed that all legs seem to crumble at a certain point... S2, S3, PANTHER, DINGO, JAGUAR, JAGUAR2, FA, LF71, LF81, LIZARD etc, etc... I've seen them broken consistently several times.
<!--QuoteBegin-wanzerfreak+Dec 17 2006, 09:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wanzerfreak @ Dec 17 2006, 09:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> the gazelle breaks easily. it's like the dingo2 of rj legs. [/quote:dce9cbf22a]
Only if he manages to get hit. With the proper timing and OB usage, I think he won't. By then, he'll have the advantage of lower drain and better defenses for the match. Plus he did say that it was imperative to win the early game with the design. I've seen Blessed fight, he seems to play from range for the majority of the match. Pretty active in movement too.

NiX, while all legs will break over time, it just seems that the Dingo2 does so in the fastest manner possible, next to hovers of course. But see, again I kinda agree with you because that's the thing IMO: if a player can dodge well enough to keep his legs in a fresh state, then he won't have to worry about them breaking; meaning he'll have great leg stats to back him up all throughout the match.
<!--QuoteBegin-Grimlok+Dec 18 2006, 05:27 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grimlok @ Dec 18 2006, 05:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I've seen Blessed fight, he seems to play from range for the majority of the match. [/quote:0b33eb24e0]
vids please Big grin
Hey Blessed, hope you don't mind me providing a linky: <a href='http://youtube.com/watch?v=5RpX69FQ07Q' target='_blank'>here you go</a>. It's from HeavenFlame's perspective though, but you can still see the tactics he uses. It wasn't the same design though, I think.

Yeah, so I'm probably coming to conclusions from just one vid... so... uh yeah. Tongue
Heh, the days of me gettin pwned as a kai newb LOL .

Nah I dont mind if ya post the vid Grim. The fight is three months old, but it'll still show the rest of the Republic how I play, even though my style and level of play has change TREMENDOUSLY thanks to fighting Bato, Heaven, Slam, and Dacapn.

The Gazelle does have better stats the the 84JM does, but I dont enjoy the Jumping capabilities that it has, so 84JM is a keeper. I do agree with you on funi though, it constantly gets pwned by CAMS, so I switch it to Gar.