The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: The PS3 thread.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
<!--QuoteBegin-Iguana+Jan 24 2007, 05:30 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Iguana @ Jan 24 2007, 05:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I'll have a look and see if it's cheaper to perform this procedure instead of paying twice the price of a 20 GB PS3 for a 60 GB PS3. If it does indeed cost less and is possible to do with a basic computer kit or home tools, this just might be worth it. After all, why settle for 60 GB when you can have 120 GB or more? Sounds awesome to me. [/quote:a21ed97ef7]
It is cheaper IIRC. Twin-Skies here works as a journalist for <a href='http://qj.net' target='_blank'>QJ.net</a>, and he's already playtested the PS3 and some of the games on it. He did say that it was possible.
when buying 20gb PS3,you won't have all the functions of the 60gb type PS3,so i suggest just have the 60 and change to 120...what the heck are you gona do with the 120 memory anyway?you don't need that much to save all the games you wanted Big grin
i heard that my friend has ps3 pirated games,is it even possible?i mean,blu ray disk contains 50 to 200 gbs!!! Shock
<!--QuoteBegin-ravenflau09+Jan 24 2007, 06:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ravenflau09 @ Jan 24 2007, 06:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> i heard that my friend has ps3 pirated games,is it even possible?i mean,blu ray disk contains 50 to 200 gbs!!! Shock [/quote:0ea62d1c17]
Knowing pirates, there's always a way. Tongue

I'm not sure if those will work 100% problem-free when playing online though.
They've pulled it off in Hong Kong where they'd put the ISO of the game into the HD of the PS3, then you can run it off the HD according to my cousin who owns one...
My friend told me Hong kong's been developing industrial blu-ray writter(the one that copies cd in massive amts) as well as cheap blu-ray disks. Wow hackers and pirates are progressing pretty quickly w/ ps3 Woot . Despite how well things are turning out, I think I'll wait a year to see what happens before I buy Ermm ..
Dang,i was expecting that this disks wont be pirated,when will they learn that piracy is a crime? Chair

well,i think this way ps3 will rise,xbox360 rose because there were pirated cds,same goes for Wii
What can I say? Them pirates did their homework. They don't wanna be out of a job.
aheheh pirates!!! i love pirates... if only the original people making those games or applications made them so cheap that its the same price as the pirated copy... make use of their global networks to outsource to different countries to manufacture the said product (globalization)...
running pirated ISOs of the games are way better than using pirated disks IMO.
Less stress on the lens and faster loading will be some of its advantages.

Maybe i'll wait until the ac4 english version comes out before thinking of
buying a ps3. Maybe by that time, our friends at HK and China did their
*ahem* jobs already. hehehe LOL
Heheheheheh. I wonder how much would a pirated PS3 disk cost? But can you still go online if ever pirated yun?
<a href='http://www.gamersreports.com/article/43/1/' target='_blank'>Bump.</a>
Attention,for those who plans to have PS3,Toy kingdom's PS3 US version(region free) drops price from 69 thou to 55 thou because no ones buying them..Keep resisting and wait till they drop it further LOL
Info-The PS3 will be the first product for consumers to be based on the "Cell Broadband Engine" (Cell BE) processor designed collaboratively by Sony, IBM, and Toshiba. The Cell architecture has a single PowerPC core, along with multiple microcode-programmable vector processing units dubbed "synergistic processing engines" (SPEs).

The Cell chip used in the PS3 is expected to have seven SPEs. It will offer 35 times the performance of the PS2's processor, 10 times the power of a typical PC, and twice the power of Microsoft's newest XBox, a Sony executive recently stated.

Owen Stampflee, lead software engineer of Terra Soft Solutions, stated, "From the days of the Commodore 64, a battle has raged between dedicated game boxes and home computers for highest quality game play. [The PS3] provides an industry first exceptional Linux OS experience. I am proud to have played a part in this development."

According to a brief interview at Digit Magazine, Terra Soft CEO Kai Staats said he hopes Sony will bundle the YDL distribution with the PS3.

SCEI CEO Ken Kutaragi predicted about a year ago that Linux on the PS3 would revolutionize the personal computing market.

Availability

YDL for the PS3 is expected to be available soon through the Terra Soft store, and through Terra Soft's distribution channel partners. The PS3 is expected to ship in November.

Terra Soft also offers YDL distributions for PowerPC systems from Apple, Genesi, and others. It previously shipped YDL for Cell-based blades and processor add-in cards from Mercury Computer. Mercury's Cell-based products target high-density, aerospace and defense, and supercomputing applications.

By the way,Cell BE's info:BM has published an overview and specifications of the Cell processor architecture -- formally known as the "Cell Broadband Engine Architecture" (CBEA) -- on its developerWorks website. The overview, written by IBM architect Dr. H. Peter Hofstee, provides a brief introduction to the processor's unique structure and its programming implications.

Earlier this year, IBM, Sony, and Toshiba disclosed the architectural design of the jointly developed, multi-core "Cell" processor, described as featuring eight synergistic processors, with supercomputer-like floating-point performance and clock speeds in excess of 4 GHz. At the time, the companies claimed that Cell delivers "vastly improved, real-time response for entertainment and rich media applications, in many cases 10 times the performance of the latest PC processors." Examples of anticipated applications include digital televisions, home servers, and supercomputers.
I heard a rumor from a friend that all the big games coming up for PS3 such as DMC4, MGS4, FF, etc are making a move to the 360. Is there any confirmation for this?
Pages: 1 2 3