The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Shrike
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the idea spawned out from the leperdude's Hollowman AC. i wanted to make a low-drain version to allow the g91 to handle spamming of the hollow while still able to jump around a lot. everthing else took off from there, pun intended. Big grin

it's named after a small bird of predatory nature.

here's the first variant:

copy/pasted from Leperdude's topic:

Shrike - HOLLOW

s4
NON OB ul
fl or xs
gazelle
vulture2 (+2 power, +4 accell, +4 heat reduction)
g91 (max output)
ananda (max cooling)
volute
medusa
rm3
nymple or spartoi (i think there's still some room left for the mgt)
ra
hollow (other options include fenrir, garum, RS, 98l, shade, and shade2)
1hp

peryton (roc2 if using a lighter r arm unit)
69h

amino, es, ss, l+, codon, golgi, marishi

tune accordingly

4700+ surplus energy. if i swtich the arms to the xs, i can bump that up to 5000+.

here's the paint:

B - 37/64/54
A - 131/131/131
O - 22/22/22/
D - 171/38/49
J - 49/51/48
That Spartoi + RM3 combo is totally usable. Lol a lite version of Omega?

Defenses are pretty thin though, since the focus was on the drain. Try adding a shield to buff up shell defense, or hell even the Futen (you'd just have to jettison some parts though, and most likely switch out G91 for Lotus). Looks good otherwise: jumpy and annoying. Tongue
variant a:

handcombo - shade+1hp
hangers - roc2+sylph

variant b:

handcombo: 98l+that shield that looks like a rectangular sheet of metal folded lengthwise
hangers - roc2, may or may not have the sylph equipped.

btw,

i'm planning on using the futen on Bruiser.
This is one case where I would suggest an OB core such as the UL2. In my opinion, RJs in LR don't work as well without OB. They pretty much NEED IT to completely exploit the jump ability. You'll have to do some serious OB-Slide-Jumping though. And since OB-slide-jump is actually an energy-efficient technique, you should still have no problem firing your energy weapons even in such a maneuver.
noted. Big grin
I'm actually liking this design because it opens up new tactics for the ground torps and HOLLOW combination. It might be possible to combine the low flight trajectory of the torps with the high jumping ability of the RJ legs, allowing a new twist to the traditional two-pronged attack. With that said though, an EN weapon with a flying AC is a pretty bad combination as the booster consumption plus the EN weapon would drain the EN bar faster than normal.

However, if you treat the AC like any other biped, it handles pretty well as the refresh rate offered by the RJ's low drain coupled with a very stable generator allows for consistent firing of the HOLLOW. BTW, good idea on adding the PERYTON instead of the ROE2, I might try that sometime, although I'm still leaning towards the ROE2 because the PERYTON still can't beat the shot velocety of the HOLLOW despite the higher kill power of the PERYTON than the ROE2 + HOLLOW (the extra 24 rounds I mean) Big grin. But then again, you've got extra slots for relation missiles, which is always a good thing Tongue.

My only gripe over this AC is its low defense ratings for its weight class. While this AC has around 1600 ++ shell defense and 1500-1600 ++ EN defense, a similar AC on a bi-ped chassis on the same weight class would probably have an extra 50-100 defense on both fields. However, one can't really ignore the low EN drain on this thing, which is a very good thing on an EN weapon. Happy
i can fire at least 6 shots from the shade while hovering for a least 15 seconds or more, and have enough energy to feather my landing. Tongue
anyway,

i've been working on 2 more variants.

the DFA variant looks like this:

Shrike - DFA I

s4
cronus
xs
crest's basic rj set <----i'm the only one here with the guts to use this, see? :gangsta:

same fcs/gen/booster/rad/insides

nymphe
rm3

r3
1hp

dual hangered sylphs

golgi from the initial design is dropped to make room for either kissyoh+la or ec

the OB variant looks a lot like Blessed's rj ac:

Shrike - SWIFTWIND

s4
OB ul
fl
84mj blah blah fuck crest serial numbers! Chair

lotus
ananda
vulture2

nymphe
rm3

rl or ra
1hp

single hangered sylph on the left

l+ and golgi from the initial design is dropped for the ec and ribose
this new design implements the 75mt+GT combo that we have discussed in the AC theory topic:

Shrike - DFA II

s4 <---still has a tendency to break sooner with repeated lx and gl shots (i'm thinking of replacing this with the s3)
99ul
fg
gazelle <---ditto
vulture2 (+2 power, +4 accell, +4 heat reduction)
g91 (max output)
ananda (max cooling)
f73h
medusa
gt (can be substituted with gar)
75mt
ra
r2/r3/ra
1hp/r3

wraith/none
wraith

amino, es, ss, la, l+, codon, ribose, marishi

note: another difference between the gt and the mgt is that the former splits right in front of the target. the backmount version splits earlier and, like i said, has a bigger risk that the pod can be tricked to hit the ground.

i'm also thinking of a heavier and much durable version of this.
i decided to re-work the Swiftwind so this is what i came up with this afternoon:

Shrike - SWIFTWIND II

s4 (+8 cooling, +1 solid def, +1 en def)
ul2 (max cooling)
fl (+5 cooling, +5 shell def)
gazelle (+6 coolng, +4 en def)
birdie2 (max power)
g91 (max output)
ananda (max cooling)
f73h
medusa
rm3
69m
ra
r2
1hp

69h
69h

amino, es, ss, kissyoh, l+, organelle, codon, marishi

comments:

nothing really special about the design except like the way the birdie2 exhaust matches the OB exhaust of the ul2. evrything else is tried and true.

an alternate b/g combo is the fudoh and the vulture2. it still hits 400+ with the extra weight. the fudoh+vulture2 allows the frame to perform an aerial assault of the OB provided the ac was already airborne (OB off a full jump with a full energy bar, cut the engines after the pass, turn around in midflight and use the remaining energy to hover above the target then spare some to feather your landing).

EDIT - with the fudoh+vulture2 on, i will replace the fl for the fg and the 69m to the satyros.

other: like nix said, RJs work great with OB. also, low stationary drain = fast refresh. a full un-aided jump can replenish a good amount of energy (just remember to tap the booster button lightly to feather your landing).
<!--QuoteBegin-wanzerfreak+Jan 7 2007, 10:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wanzerfreak @ Jan 7 2007, 10:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> i decided to re-work the Swiftwind so this is what i came up with this afternoon:

Shrike - SWIFTWIND II

s4 (+8 cooling, +1 solid def, +1 en def)
ul2 (max cooling)
fl (+5 cooling, +5 shell def)
gazelle (+6 coolng, +4 en def)
birdie2 (max power)
g91 (max output)
ananda (max cooling)
f73h
medusa
rm3
69m
ra
r2
1hp

69h
69h

amino, es, ss, kissyoh, l+, organelle, codon, marishi

comments:

nothing really special about the design except like the way the birdie2 exhaust matches the OB exhaust of the ul2. evrything else is tried and true.

an alternate b/g combo is the fudoh and the vulture2. it still hits 400+ with the extra weight. the fudoh+vulture2 allows the frame to perform an aerial assault of the OB provided the ac was already airborne (OB off a full jump with a full energy bar, cut the engines after the pass, turn around in midflight and use the remaining energy to hover above the target then spare some to feather your landing). [/quote:0f06374b02]
The Birdie2 + G91 is workable enough for this design, or you could try the Vulture2 + LOTUS, which kinnda performs just as well as the Bridie2 + G91 except you don't get a large battery but you get a huge redzone. I think the F69 FCS would work best here as being an RJ, you'd spend a good amount of time in the air, so a balanced FCS will help your targeting at close ranges rather than a horizontal FCS with the F73h, although your missile lock range will be adversely affected, its your choice really. Everything else is pretty much as you said: tried and true.
f69's range is iffy. i'd prefer the volute.
anyway,

i'm planning on using a new paint scheme on this thing that should match it's namesake's plumage, like i did with The Turkey.

this is a loggerhead shrike:

[Image: loggerhead-shrike.jpg]

LOL