The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Crazy Lawsuits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<a href='http://www.2spare.com/item_65657.aspx' target='_blank'>http://www.2spare.com/item_65657.aspx</a>

sample:

Sued after getting stuck on the house he was robbing
In October 1998, A Terrence Dickson of Bristol Pennsylvania was exiting a house he finished robbing by way of the garage. He was not able to get the garage door to go up, because the automatic door opener was malfunctioning. He couldn't re-enter the house because the door connecting the house and garage locked when he pulled it shut. The family was on vacation, so Mr. Dickson found himself locked in the garage for eight days (LOL). He subsisted on a case of Pepsi he found, and a large bag of dry dog food. This upset Mr. Dickson, so he sued the homeowner's insurance claiming the situation caused him undue mental anguish. The jury agreed to the tune of half a million dollars and change (LOL @ America).
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Yea, we Americans can do stupid things at times, but rewarding someone that much money because he got locked in a house he was robbing, yet he didnt go to jail.

Hell, since that set precedent, I may rob a house and claim i was stuck so could get a few million dollars lol/
Mr. Dickson indeed. Tongue

The other cases are just as crazy stupid.
I read through most of those on the site and most of the comments and its clear that those cases are fake, albeit they are funny lol.

"Sued Winnibago (sp?) because i was too stupid to think that cruise control was auto-pilot" gimme a break
Hahah I do hope they're fake. That'd put some dignity back into the world. Tongue
And that's the American judicial system for you. And to think that ours is modelled of theirs?

Beating a dead horse
I hope they are fake as well (although im pretty sure they are) or else that will setup precedent for a lot of stuff to hit the fan, if you know what i mean.

The only real one up there is about the dude suing fast food places for making him fat. We talked about that in business law class last year, stupid case.