The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Tempest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sry for the double post

I have been working with Tempest lately and I have noticed that the RM3 arent working like I hope they were. Lately they have been missing alot lately in battle, so I thought that I would switch them to the Gar2. Reason being, I use the quick lock method of missiles where I lock on 2-4 times and fire instead of the full 6 lock. Everytime I do a full 6 lock, I usually miss with a good portion of them, but if i quick lock an shot the accuracy is much improved.

The change is to preserve Ammo and get more uses out of it. RM3 shots a total of 9 times, whereas the the Gar2 has 14 potential uses. Now I know you may be thinking, "Crim, if you lock on 4 times with the Nypmhe everytime, you will get exactly 9 usues out of it just like the RM3," and yes I do know this, but sometimes I dont lock on 4 times because 2 locks would be more convient at the time. And like I said, the RM3 has been missing alot lately, im guessing due to its arch and flight path...

What do yall think i should do?
The RM3 and the Gar2 have very similar flight paths in that they fire directly ahead of the AC in a relatively straight fashion. However, yes the Gar2 has a shorter firing interval, which makes it relatively easier to spam in rhythm with the Nymphe's lock-ons. It also has less weight and drain too, always a plus where the Giffon is concerned.

If you've already seen that the Gar2 works much better for you, then why not? It's not a total downgrade in my point of view, you just get less shots, but more spammability.
Yea, i see what you mean. I may as well roll with it.

On top of that, it matches the paint scheme Happy
Well... I won't say that RM3 is inaccurate because it's not.

Try aiming your RM3 shots. Whenever you're about to fire, try to make your AC stand in such a way that the missiles will fire as straight as possible towards the opponent.

The same technique applies to GAR2. In LR, the more missiles are allowed to arch, the more they will miss.

So yeah, GAR2 or RM3, it'll work. I say stick with RM3 though for this design.
I will try that. Seeing that I like the spam and drop tactics, the RM3 will be better situated for that.

To get them to fire straight at my opponent, I generally boost backwards slighty at the time I fire them, it usually works.

So i guess the RM3 will stay for now.
Make sure that your AC's shoulders are perpendicular to your opponent when you fire missiles.

Illustration:

l --> Opponent

__ ---> Your AC's shoulders

Happy hunting!
add a little backpedaling when you fire your missiles, in that way the missles can have more space to adjust their flight path.
Yea, thats what I normally do, backpeddle a bit to line things up.

I will try the perpendicular thing tho, looks effective.
Pages: 1 2