The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Jericho
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The name has nothing to do with the wall town in the Old Testament of the bible, nor does it have anything to do with the Jericho TV series recently shown on TV. I just thought the name was cool (after hearing about the TV series Big grin)

Head: QUEEN
Core: U4
Arms: MACAQUE
Legs: COUGAR2
Booster: VULTURE2 (10 heat)
FCS: VOLUTE
Generator: G91 (10 output)
Radiator: ANANDA (10 cooling)
Extension: ROE2
Inside: none
Back R: KARURA
Back L: MGT
Right Arm: HOLLOW
Left Arm: HP
Right hanger: none
Left hanger: 69H

Options: Shell and EN screens, Stability, Lock jammer, Lock speed +, Lock box +, GOLGI, MARISHI

A much, much more stable version of my hollow AC that I used a few weeks back. I can predict some suggestions such as the U2, F73H, EYE3/4, and the G84P, which results in a much, much higher EN surplus while still retaining its generator stability, but I have my reasons for using this frame such as this:

[Image: dscn0490mc1.jpg]

How can you change an AC that looks like that? Big grin (I'm open to suggestions really, its just hard for me to do some changes to the frame when the AC already looks like that. Its a perfect fit as well when untuned! Wub But yeah, I'm still open to frame part suggestions)

Anyway while I'm stubborn over the frame and the generator, I think I have to explain myself over the weapons. The HOLLOW is an accurate, rapid-fire laser rifle, and with the ROE2 allows for some mid range spammage with a lot of HG support (not to mention the lock-box buff that it comes with). The damage builds up pretty fast with the hand combination, and with a good range that outclasses most rifles and laser rifles (with the exception of the 98L).

The KARURA is used as a surprise weapon at closer ranges; think of it as a huge missile/shotgun. It is also pretty general-purpose as a missile set, as it does its job of hurting other ACs (given the right range and angles) at differet ranges or can be used as a distraction, allowing the AC to enter into its effective combat range.

The MGTs need an explanation however. I find that they are good against quads, which often stay on the ground, and often backpedal after an assault from their heavy back guns, leaving them vulnerable to a weapon such as ground torps.

I'm looking for alternative backmounts at the moment as well as other alternatives for the Left Arm (The R3 comes off my mind at the moment).
i think the u5 looks fat with such skinny limbs. Tongue

anyway, you get pogi points from me for posting a purpose-built ac. i haven't seen anything like this in a while.
I don't see anything wrong with the frame. And if it works for you, even better.

However looking at your Optionals, i suggest swapping the 07SLA + MARISHI for CODON. CODON is just one of those optionals that help the entire play of the AC. You dont have multiple locking missiles and the AC does not have OB or a hot booster. Also since you don't have OB, turn speed is going to be even more important. Sure the missiles will lock a little slower but its not like you have a small lockbox.

Other than that, i like the AC. MGT definately adds some style points. You also can't go wrong with the R3 on the left if you do decide to switch it.
<!--QuoteBegin-akamm+Dec 5 2006, 07:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (akamm @ Dec 5 2006, 07:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->However looking at your Optionals, i suggest swapping the 07SLA + MARISHI for CODON.&nbsp; CODON is just one of those optionals that help the entire play of the AC.&nbsp; You dont have multiple locking missiles and the AC does not have OB or a hot booster.&nbsp; Also since you don't have OB, turn speed is going to be even more important.[/quote:da135e14a9]
Note taken and thanks to both of you Smile. As for alternatives, there are other better choices such as the U2 which has around 400 points less drain and the EYE3/4 which have overall better stats, thus becoming lighter, and less drainy alternatives while not compromising defense. Its older configuration though, ran the risk of blowing out because of overemphasis on EN refresh and defense by putting the design on the S3 legs while equiping the KONGOH. But yeah, I'll be keeping the curent configuration, as it is a more balanced design than my older one.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention to choose only one of the back mounts, and drop the other at the begining of the match.

Wanzerfreak: Yeah, the U4 does look fat on the design when standing straight, but its hardly noticable when it moves. Big grin

akamm: Good point, CODON it is. Though I'm still paranoid over heat because of my experience in NX's overemphasis on cooling Smile)
anyway,

i think akam is right about replacing the 1hp with the r3, because this thing looks slow.

how about trying this one out with the humanoid a2?
<!--QuoteBegin-wanzerfreak+Dec 5 2006, 11:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wanzerfreak @ Dec 5 2006, 11:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> i think akam is right about replacing the 1hp with the r3, because this thing looks slow. [/quote:c2c0f7f94e]
I definitely agree with that. Plus the Hollow and the R3 look good together. You'll get some style points on that.

Overall, it's a pretty solid build. A rock once again, from you (according to the rock/paper/scissors thingy). The only possible liabilities here are the Queen and the Cougar2. The head's not that notorious for breaking, but once it is you'll probably have a harder time tracking opponents that stay close and try to flank this. Codon will take care of that for the most part, but what if your legs are gone too? I dunno, just trying to play devil's advocate.

And here I was thinking Hollowman was set in stone to be the name of this design. Tongue
i think a low-drain, RJ-based frame would serve this better. and besides, it only looks good because of the WHOREACLE-like frame. Tongue

ground torps, i believe, are good when used high up in mid-air. i also think you should try testing the spartoi versus the mgt.
<!--QuoteBegin-wanzerfreak+Dec 9 2006, 03:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wanzerfreak @ Dec 9 2006, 03:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> ground torps, i believe, are good when used high up in mid-air. i also think you should try testing the spartoi versus the mgt. [/quote:0ff2df3c90]
Or when up against quads and tanks. IIRC, I believe Rick totally messed NiX up with those. Tongue

Good call on the RJ frame though, if Leperman here can find some way to squeeze in a Hollow + ROE2 combo into it. A2 RJ legs maybe?
Well in my defense, I'm not a seasoned quad user. Tongue

But yeah, the ground torpedoes definitely messed with me during the quad's ground boosting. LOL
How is the EN refresh on this thing? With the U4, Macaque, and Cougar2, you have a fairly drainy frame for a EN weapon you plan to spam. If it is good, keep the G91, if not than switch to the 84P like you stated at the topic head.

Other than that I have nothing, nice solid design
high drain and sluggish refresh is a problem with some of his designs.
Hahah believe me he can handle it.
The drain is workable. But its prolly best to play it safe by backing off once the EN gauge reaches the lower 1/3 part of the bar, just to be sure. Big grin
it's pretty evident in the vids. Big grin

anyway, i made my own version following the suggestions that i have posted.

s4
NON OB ul
fl
gazelle
vulture2
g91
ananda
volute
medusa
rm3
nymple or spartoi (i think there's still some room left for the mgt)
ra
hollow
1hp

peryton
69h

amino, es, ss, l+, codon, golgi, marishi

4700+ surplus energy. if i swtich the arms to the xs, i can bump that up to 5000+.

i think the whole ROE2 thing is nonsense. Tongue the hollow already has enough ammo to last a match. i might as well put a peryton or roc2 on the hanger slots for a nasty surprise.
Actually, I don't like the GAZELLE as an RJ leg. If you're gonna go RJ, you might as well either use the heavy RJ legs or the 84M. And if you're gonna use the GAZELLE, you might as well use DINGO2.
Pages: 1 2