The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: More than 1 piece of work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I used to draw a lot of mecha, but I stopped because of my studies... Sad, and I regret it really. This was inspired when I first got my copy of Silent Line.

[Image: docu0218ho5.jpg]

This was my last piece before I completely stopped. I didn't make any new drawings ever since. You could say that my predicament is the same as Nix's Wink
Awesome! Smile)

Given that it's inspired by Silent Line (lol Rachis, 008, old Jackal, verts?), I can still say that the design is largely original. The lines give it that hefty look which I know you love.

Coolness. Magdrawing ka lang Rick, astig eh.
Beautiful. Even if its just a sketch, its pretty well done.

I see that we have an abundance of creative people in this board. Just goes to say that Filipinos truly can.
Hahah kahit mga drawing mo, heavy ah. Big grin
bat di mo ipagpatuloy ang pagdradrawing mo, di naman sagabal sa buhay ang pagdradrawing.
Got caught up with studies and gaming. Now that I have a lot of free time, I'm a wee bit lazy to start again, although I want to re-kindle the interest for myself. I will start a nwe one though, and I'll post it when I'm done with it Wink
Over 7 months after... At least I've kept my promise to myself. I finally made a serious attempt at drawing mecha once again.

[Image: docu0166.JPG]

Finally, a serious attempt at drawing on my part after 3 years. Its still not finished, and there are a lot of mistakes (as evidenced by the number of erasures), I apologize for the initial quality of the drawing as it hasn't been inked yet and I merely adjusted the levels from my scanner. Enjoy though if you liked it. Tongue
I like the left arm weapon...
Hmm... you should definitely try coloring this one in. Digitally.
Haha, inking maybe. But me coloring it looks pretty bleak since the last thing I colored digitally was almost 7 years ago. I'll prolly stick to sketching for the time being, in fact I already have something planned up already.

As for progress, I'm currently adding back weapons and try inking the drawing so stay tuned Big grin.
Question...How long did it take you to make that? Roll eyes
<!--QuoteBegin-Lord_Leperman+August 03, 2007 10:31 am--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (Lord_Leperman @ August 03, 2007 10:31 am)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Haha, inking maybe. But me coloring it looks pretty bleak since the last thing I colored digitally was almost 7 years ago. [/quote:8e27fbbbcd]
There's always time to start again, right? Plus the good thing with digital is, if you don't like it, you can always revert it back to the way it originally was.

But yeah, inking it in would be the best thing first, haha. It looks like a ghost currently. Tongue
<!--QuoteBegin-HayWire+August 03, 2007 07:25 pm--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (HayWire @ August 03, 2007 07:25 pm)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Question...How long did it take you to make that? Roll eyes [/quote:c21e08bfa5]
Took me 3 days on the sketch, but it was on/off. I'd say around 4-6 hours total from those 3 days. I used the garage as reference, though I was originally planning to do a dynamic pose for the AC though it got complicated when I started drawing the L arm, so I decided on a static position in the end.
waa~ i never knew you drew~ XD why didn't you tell us? wow on the mecha!!!! it's awesome~
I stopped drawing before the time I first met you and Trace-02 :p and after seeing your stuff and his, I wouldn't be brave enough to tell in front of you guys that "hey, I can draw too!", because I seriously can't compare. Tongue
Pages: 1 2