The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Starter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't really have a name for this yet, but this is pretty much my only PvP build as of the moment.

R Arm Unit: SG-026 HALDEMAN Shotgun
L Arm Unit : HI-32: BU-TT/A Pulse blade
R Back Unit: BML-G2/P03MLT-06 Six-cell missile
L Back Unit: BML-G2/P03MLT-06 Six-cell missile

Head: 20-082 Mind Beta or VP-44D. Can't decide.
Core: VP-40S
Arms: AA-J-123 BASHO
Legs: LG-012 MELANDER C3

Booster: BUERZEL/21D
FCS: IA-C01F: Ocellus
Generator: DF-GN-08 San-Tai
Expansion: Pulse Armor

This AC started as an upgraded version of a Melander C3 AC with starter weaponry. A lot of the parts have changed since then but "upgraded starter AC" is still the theme. Unfortunately, I had to give up the single Turner rifle.

Pulse blade is the main weapon, but the Haldeman and missiles can all be comboed with it at close range, especially when the enemy is staggered. Aggressive use of assault boost and kicking also complements the weapon loadout.

The missiles work at both long and short ranges.

Haldeman can be upgraded to a Zimmerman if it needs to be a bit more competitive.
I love this.  How have you been doing in pvp with it?  It seems kinda tricky to use, but also like it has ruined a few people's nights.  It's the right combination of "huh?" and "huh."

I prefer VP-44D, generally, but if you think the stability is more important for this bot, then MIND BETA is probably the move.
Yeah I've used this in PvP a bunch. I get my share of wins with it. I've even taken a win off of that infamous permaflight missile tank. So far it's higher stab dual zimm heavies that have given me trouble because we operate in the same range but their damage/stagger output is just much greater.
That makes sense. Honestly, dual ZIMMERMAN bots are going to give anyone some degree of trouble. Either way, cool bot!
I like this AC so much that I ended up making my own variant based on it. The BASHO arms and the BUTT/A are really something.

I don't know if it'll work but have you tried dual needle guns? Specifically the VIENTO with a HUXLEY or something to compensate for the really small mag size. I've been able to stagger heavies with those and I was able to blade a few people to death with it in one of cowboy's fightclubs thanks to the BASHO's melee specialization.

It's what he said in the beginning of the video though and I've yet to try it against a Zimmer Sazabi; it's a 1600 impact damage right off the bat to your face with dual Zimmers versus the Viento.

I think I heard about 1680 stability or something being able to withstand two Zimmers but you still need to deal with their shoulder weapons and kicks. You might be able to stun some dude in around 2-3 seconds while he reloads in case you haven't been staggered. Only problem is that the Zimmerman has a 2.0 reload time.

But yeah, these are my references for the needle guns and a single HUXLEY.
I'm thinking of swapping out one of the missiles for a shield so that I can tank burst attacks before doing my own combo while they reload or something. Just theorycraft in my head now while I can't play.
Oh right I think it worked when HellHeart and Zeph's brother used it against me but I don't count on that yet; my memory can be rusty as hell, I pinged them for now to this thread. Btw, just have to keep in mind that you also get staggered when the shield overheats from taking too much damage iirc.
[Image: LSGKEO8.jpg]
[Image: YRBLHyu.jpg]

This is one of the two current version of this AC.

I'm currently experimenting with other generators aside from San-Tai.
[Image: gXGhi0R.jpg]

Probably the final version of this AC. Competitive enough if I get my hits in but I don't think it's winning any tournaments. But most importantly, I have fun with it.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like a starter AC anymore and will need a different name.
^Currently on Alula boosters and plasma verts. Alula base dash speed and QB allows me to backpedal and get out of the pocket if I need to. But I need to be more careful about charging in with AB.

Plasma verts give some flexibility for spamming behind cover. Too bad I can't use it for instantaneous damage during stagger like I can with forward-firing.