The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: RR AC:LR Online 2023
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, plenty if us have been playing LR on a regular basis online, and I want to talk about the experience I've had meeting new and familiar people online. But of course, thanks to the AC Discord community for jumpstarting the whole trend, and thanks to Nix's online guide for helping me set things up on my end as well as general troubleshooting.

So things I've noticed:

-If you're in the same general vicinity, the lag is quite good, and in some cases with the same ISP, your lag goes into the single digits. This gives me hope that we can prolly replace our PS2s and just use laptops connected in the same WLAN setup instead, which will prolly be the setup if ever we'll go for another AC meetup.

-Shaking off the rust has been super fun, and meeting new people opened my eyes to parts I never would have considered in the first place. It's been so long since I last fought a micro missile user, and that time when Zefyr was using them my brain shorted and atea lot of those.

-Tried a match with Mix in San Diego, and as expected the lag turned the game into a slow-fest. But it didn't stop everyone from connecting and have fun regardless. Big grin

-Met Hamstah_Fwend, really cool guy. We'll meet offline next week in a lan cafe. Hopefully his friend brings AC too haha.

-4 player full screen! I've been dreaming of this since more than a decade ago. I hope we can play the GODZILLA game mode in LR again. Pretty please! Big grin

-Been learning about new part combos too, I completely disregarded the HAZEL, and now I'm actually using it in one of my lights.
Yeah it's nice to be playing AC (LR) PvP again. And in the comfort of our own home, no less. Too bad about the occasional input lag and stuttering, which has been causing a lot of mistimed shots and humiliating hard landings for me. >_< Still a lot of technical glitches, but we get to actually play, at least.

Game seems to be decently playable if you're within ~100ms of the other player. Any more than that and it shifts into bullet time slow-mo.

And yeah it's been refreshing to play against new-comers who come into the game mostly untainted by the "meta". Getting me to reconsider some parts that I had almost forgotten about.