The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Competitive Building, LR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What's so cheesy about sawa, sylph, and nymphe+rm2? It's rather mid-tier.
Maybe he thought it was the generic cheesy robot weapon set. y'know, laser/beam rifle, machine guns, etc. Not necessarily AC cheese.

I dunno, I never asked him about the name before.
Yeah as to that setup. Once he gets more exposed to competitive setups, he will soon realize what cheese is. lol
On the topic of cheese in LR, this guy is probably the cheesiest thing I've made or witnessed in LR. By cheese I mean, that it perhaps isn't the most extreme solid of designs (still very solid, but not using the highest tier stuff like RS, Shade, or S3 legs, UA core etc), but that it relies on a particular gimmick to win easily, and could very well be stuffed completely if played on particular maps or faced against particular playstyles.

The missile setup (verts, micro extensions, left arm missiles) fire at just the right intervals and with the right patterns that it makes them near impossible to avoid while trying to look up to fight the AC. It particularly wrecks quads, who have to stay grounded to fire their cannons. I got the idea of the missile combo on RJ legs from Arsenal Tengu's RJ, and then reinforced and perfected the idea to what I thought was ideal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qocVvjW30Z8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrzD0LPMlA
Hmm, sorry for that.

The grey AC seemed gimmicky to me. Sawa+MG with Nympe2 and Rm2. With loris.

Seeing your mom's RJ made me realize that is quite "mid-tier" compared to missle rape and RL + Handgun for a bigger lockbox.

I've been AI smashing too long...

On an upnote, I got the ps2 up and running today and decided to do some AC2 for a little while before I got back to LR.

I haven't done PvP since Silent Line, so it would appear my "MG1000 + Howie" woes are WOEFULLY insignificant.

I think starting up a Competitive Building Tips thread was wrong. I should have asked for ideas to experiment with. My favorite part of the game is building a better robot and making suck weapons usable.

In Pvp it would seem this isn't viable on account of balancing. The PACT regulations thread makes more sense now.

Your Mom's RJ, but with Lemur2 or LORIS. TP+Orchid with that setup with extended generators and a hangared h3.

"Competitive" was the wrong word. Thank you though, you have rekindled my passion for this game and gave me so many more ideas to try. My part selections and ideas were stagnating. AC4 should be fun. I think I'll start a NX: Halp I suck at NX thread.

Because I do. Nexus feels weird since I played AC2 and AA first, Silent Line 2nd, Last Raven 3rd, AC1 and MoA after that then AC3 THEN Nexus...

You could consider this thread closed. My apologies to Grimweld the Great Grey Gundam.

*EDIT: I also mistook Grimweld for a Sawa + Moonlight / Nymph2 + RM2 on Loris\UA\Dingo2\Eye3. Your mom corrected me. Sawa + Moonlight is old skool ass whoopin' , but I thought with that frame particulalry dingo2+loris and it's astronomical blade aptitude combined with eye3's good blade tracking was kinda cheesy. But sawa+sylph isn't nearly the same thing.

*Eedit: it was lb4. 2am getting to me. Regardless, mom and mitjing are right, it's not cheesy just gimmicky.
(11-10-2015, 08:48 PM)your mom Wrote: [ -> ]On the topic of cheese in LR, this guy is probably the cheesiest thing I've made or witnessed in LR. By cheese I mean, that it perhaps isn't the most extreme solid of designs (still very solid, but not using the highest tier stuff like RS, Shade, or S3 legs, UA core etc), but that it relies on a particular gimmick to win easily, and could very well be stuffed completely if played on particular maps or faced against particular playstyles.

The missile setup (verts, micro extensions, left arm missiles) fire at just the right intervals and with the right patterns that it makes them near impossible to avoid while trying to look up to fight the AC. It particularly wrecks quads, who have to stay grounded to fire their cannons. I got the idea of the missile combo on RJ legs from Arsenal Tengu's RJ, and then reinforced and perfected the idea to what I thought was ideal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qocVvjW30Z8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrzD0LPMlA
Oh, is that the no lock left arm missiles? That was a pretty good weapon.
Nice vids, that no lock aspect of it really puts the pressure on the opponents.
It might have problems with decoys, though I assume that was the handgun's for.
You should speedrun AC2 to 100%. I'm still waiting for someone to challenge my run, I'm all lonely at the top-- Ares from AC2 tier. And of course competitive building can be a thing in LR for you, if you choose to try to set up kai. I'd probably be the only one willing to play it though, nobody really plays AC anymore.
I'm willing to play but the PS2's busted and I don't know how to set up kai.

Yup, this thread makes me want to design mid-tier PvP stuff.
Pages: 1 2