The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Armored Core On PC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
ACs are a complex piece of hardware, Unless your piloting a NEXT using the AMS I dont think it would be simple.
Now here's a question, what if the controls were a modified dual shock controller?
For the game, that would be fine. for the actual controls of an AC Id be pretty disappointed, Makes me think of Megas XLR though, which would be pretty cool.
Hmm actually something just hit me, what about the controls from an EVA unit and most of the functions of the array are on small terminals to the sides?
Thats honestly how I see the cockpit for ACs, Mostly AC4/FA since it uses AMS, much like how EVAs are, the pilots are psychically link to the machine.Minimal manual input is required at that stage.
Well yes, but since ACs aren't giant cyborgs and the pilots depending on how much augmentation they have gone through are, the terminals are probably a god send for normals.
The cockpit is shown during the intro of MoA fyi and it's a pretty standard Real Robot cockpit from how it looked.

And I remember J.E. posting a cross section of a core somewhere in this forum.
Too bad the First person mode was a code in the ps2 games or that would be kick ass to see different cockpits.
As much as I would love to discuss the idea of varying cockpits and controls and believe me that would be a topic i could get behind, I think in an effort to keep on track,I think it might be a good time to sum up that a PC release of an Armored core game in the forseeable future is unlikely and probebly not a good idea?
Unlikely and not advisable, but the chances of it happening isn't zero. Besides, they might release it in the future when cross platform gameplay is the norm. When that time comes,i'm almost certain that they'd release it for the pc Smile
I for one think it's all up to Moodydata for us to ever see AC for the pc. LOL
Yeah, but I wonder how much of it he coded before he decided to make Limit Release an OVA?
That would be nice to know, Anyone know what engine he was planning on using?
He was using Unreal from what I know.
Unreals a good engine, That's something I would of loved to see come to fruition. Gotta say though feel kinda bad that there's not a lot more most of us can do in way of support, I mean one person to make an Armored Core thats a alot to ask for, and alot of work.
Pages: 1 2 3