The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Scylla Drake IV 1.02
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Middle range support type

Stats and parts (Core loadout. Doesnt include bay weapons)
[Image: ScyllaIV_zpsdcb75e81.jpg]

[Image: aa_zpsbc197a45.jpg]
I thought I'd be seeing a hyper mega launcher...err, Karasawa before entering the thread. But mmmm~ That lovely amped plasma gun.
Updated the current setup to keep up with faster AC's (Yeah, you infinite glide boost AC). The frame provides less defense overall, but is offset somewhat by having higher AP and a drastic decrease in weight in which provides better control overall considering my choice of booster.

Thinking of removing the plasma gun and switching to a Pulse machine gun to have a more specialized role. In doing so, I wont be able to take down heavy AC's and Tanks as I normally would but will provide me a deterrent to those pesky light weights. It also seems like Im relying too much on the plasma guns to deal damage or maybe everyone is just a heavy AC.

I might consider a more defensive play style and use a lighter high capacity generator so that I could shoot and outrun pursuers which seems to be my problem most of the time as I cannot shoot and do evasive maneuvers both at the same time.

[Image: Scyllatest_zpsd63bef6b.jpg~original]
you might want to try "that high output generator" with dual amps and always have your EN reserve at 0 during combat mode

it turns laser rifles into a BAR that rapidly fires amplified EN shots. of course you can pick higher velocity rifles for faster targets

of course... a BAR also has a low ammo capacity. that and the 0 EN

however, it does not choke on normal boost as you maintain the rapid fired shots

but this setup can mush tanks like a hot knife through butter
(12-06-2013, 03:52 PM)MadGeaR Wrote: [ -> ]you might want to try "that high output generator" with dual amps and always have your EN reserve at 0 during combat mode

it turns laser rifles into a BAR that rapidly fires amplified EN shots. of course you can pick higher velocity rifles for faster targets

however, it does not choke on normal boost as you maintain the rapid fired shots

What he's using is a High output generator, the old Ho Vital
>Abandoning the Plasma

HEATHEN

Do you use that Laser Rifle for the ammo reserve? Since the RPG Rifle has (last time I checked) real good damage output.
(12-06-2013, 03:52 PM)MadGeaR Wrote: [ -> ]you might want to try "that high output generator" with dual amps and always have your EN reserve at 0 during combat mode

My AC and mobile playstyle eats up Suzumushi like it wasnt even there. Also, Ive been using this rifle for its weight, use drain and quick charge time. I can shoot out a 3700 damage shot every half second. I also find that tactic a bit cheap and doesnt work on anything with above 1.5k TE defense and it does drain a lot of my ammo. Believe it or not, I actually use up 70% of my ammo against tougher teams.

Also, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!
(12-07-2013, 02:11 AM)Zefyr Wrote: [ -> ]>Abandoning the Plasma

HEATHEN

Do you use that Laser Rifle for the ammo reserve? Since the RPG Rifle has (last time I checked) real good damage output.

The Plasma is nice and all, but I've been relying to much on it and most of the time with experienced players, it simply is dead weight unless I get an opportunity on a tank or heavy and he isnt looking my way. Rarely happens though and just works if my Team mates could take one enemy out right away. Still thinking about it though.
you can always replace it with a pile driver if you only use it on unsuspecting tanks and heavies

um... (shifty worried eyes)

i-i've been going home very late these past months

a-and the weekend (i only have sunday) has been so full of non-gaming stuff that i have to finish which kind of eats up the time...
Yeah well, I believe you're one of the inactive members we kicked out to make room for the merge. In any case, Just get back in when you're free again
Doing duels with Gradein's AC proved my theory that this design is quite inefficient in doing its job albeit having perfect damage dealing potential. It relies too much on its team mates to distract the enemy and if it fails to take one out quick enough well, you know what happens next. Though this design can take on most tank builds and some fortress quads one on one based on experience.

Adding a sniper rifle on one hand and removing the EN amp provided similar DPS although weaker in total DPS however, mobility and overall performance improved substantially. (DPS needed to be tested further both in combat and out of combat scenarios)

With the sniper rifle in mind, a spin-off design based on the same concept as Scylla-Drake IV will be tested out soon. Concept below:
P.S. Cookies to anyone who can figure out its quirky mechanic.

[Image: Testtype_zps305f0e33.jpg~original]
Is it better for a Mid BP to have 1.4k CE 800 TE or 1170k CE 1.2k TE defenses?
(12-17-2013, 09:10 PM)MBlade Wrote: [ -> ]Is it better for a Mid BP to have 1.4k CE 800 TE or 1170k CE 1.2k TE defenses?

Thing with CE is and if your an Mid biped is that more or less, the CE weapon that your enemy is using will go through you CE defense unless your CE is 2.2k. Might as well just stack on AP or mobility IMO. As for TE, its much more difficult to avoid Pulse guns, PMG's than Battle Rifles.
I'd suggest keeping at least 1400 CE to withstand those hard hitting Short range missiles,pesky AS missiles and most especially those devastating HEAT machine gun. With this much defense, you'll only need to watch out for battle rifles and Medium Missiles.
Switching to Murasaki Mdl.3 solves all the energy problem! I can now shoot without losing too much energy. I can roughly shoot 17 shots before running out of energy compared to the Mdl.1 which only lets me shoot 8 times. I guess the quick charge time also drains my energy faster compared to the Mdl.3 which has a little longer charge time and lower energy consumption on use.

I CAN GLIDE BOOST AND SHOOT NOW! Smile
Bunch of sorties showed a bunch of issues with the Mdl.3.

First: Longer charge and lock time means I'd be hitting LW less than I did before however, I can keep up with them now unlike before.

Second: Slower muzzle velocity lowers my AC's overall attack range (misses a lot too) which opens me up for counter attacking though the good thing is I can take a few more hits with my new frame and also opens up a few shots with my Plasma.

Third: Longer charge time and slower muzzle velocity means the AC wont be hitting as hard as it did but provides enough survivability and provides more support fire.
Pages: 1 2