The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: RX18-CALEB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my lightweight.

[Image: 5yCRi1g.jpg]

[Image: h2DAN3c.jpg]

[Image: Ow5vyV0.jpg]

Although the image shows me wielding a battle rifle, I already replaced that with a sniper rifle since it's easier to hit with it than the former. Also, I usually wear a shield on my left arm during the start for extra protection since I take a bit of time scanning enemies before picking a target to chase.

I'm loving the laser rifles. I tried both the AM/LRA-229 and Murasaki mdl. 3 and had success with both but I seem to favor the Murasaki more because of the lower usage and charge time. I used to have a battle rifle on the left arm but the muzzle velocity leaves a lot to be desired so I just went with a high-powered sniper rifle with almost the same muzzle velocity as the laser rifle. It's also easier to fire the sniper every 2 or 3 shots of the laser rifle than using something else with a higher rate of fire. I still have a pilebunker (now the 60k one) for hitting unsuspecting tanks and, of course, killing teammates.

I've been watching everyone play and I think I've found a play-style that suits me. I used to jump around, trying to land 6 BR shots up-close with blue lock (and wasting ammo) but using the laser rifle taught me to position myself a bit better (somewhere out of the enemy's sights) and keep a somewhat steady aim before firing. I also love chasing panicked opponents now and the laser rifle works wonders in picking the last bit of AP they have left. Being a lightweight also allows me to chase them much easier than as a middleweight. Got so many kills as a merc for Vagrant Guns doing that last night (normal sorties).
This looks like a pro build, the type which you to have extreme control skills to use. In this case, not much to recommend for the build, just practice. It would be best to use a tracking type recon unit for this build so you can be aware of nearby opponents. Not to mention the core you're using can only carry 20 recon units, not a good choice for sticky types.

As for Vanir, yeah, that sucks. Wiping out a team is huge ego boost, but with piles it's actually easy. I'm surprise he hit you considering you weight class, seems like you need to practice evading piles, leave that part to us d(- -,)
Gotcha. I'll try using the tracking types later. That was the exact problem I encountered when we fought Vanir. I was charging towards one of his teammates with my pile equipped and didn't notice him behind me. Tunnel vision, lol! It was on that desert map with almost no cover.

Any tips about the left hanger? I'm still unsure whether to use a handgun, physical blade, or a jammer.
jammer or a shield. Handguns don't work well when you don't have a main weapon firing alongside it
Updated. I'm loving this build.
That head! It wont be your AC without that head. I was thinking of switching your CE core with a light TE core to boost your overall AP. Still not sure how much of an AP Gain you'd get to warrant to additional weight.
I love that head! Best scanning head so far (I refuse to wear the Wall-E head). I'm actually thinking of reducing weight on the arms or core to make room for the hoe...err, Ho-Vital when the patch hits. 23k left on my Suzu! Nooooooo!
The bluish AC from your story. You really love this build. Smile

PSN ID: Arrui_La_Ferte