The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Bandaged
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bandaged

by Immaterial

I had a dream once.

In it, my whole body was covered in bandages, hiding all wounds that I know that are all over my body. I wanted to move but I couldn't as every single movement hurt. My wounds would bleed for every movement.

Red.

The only part of me I could move was my right arm; the only one devoid of any wounds. I tried moving it; holding it up to the light. It was then I realized that my left eye was also useless, covered by a bandage. As was the rest of my body.

The floor was cold.

I realized I was lying down on my back, staring at the empty ceiling. Or was it the sky? I can't tell. All I see was the light in the middle of its vast emptiness.

Do I move or not?

I pondered on that question as I lay there, doing my best not to move, not to hurt myself even more. I sighed.

Had enough?

I heard someone ask but I couldn't even turn to the direction of the voice. I just smiled. Maybe a bit, I replied. I don't know why. I just felt it right to say that.

It’s time to get moving you know.

Is it? But as you can see, I can't, I thought to myself. Whatever has happened has left me to what I am now. But somehow, a small part of me felt refreshed.

Does it really feel that good?

The person asked. And I thought about it really. Maybe or maybe not. All I know is that there was this feeling of satisfaction somewhere. Can't tell where really.

Do you want to do it again?

I just gave a small smile to the question. Not like I have a choice do I? I just laid there. Not even trying to put up any resistance.

A soft laugh.

I felt a gentle weight on me. I expected it to hurt but it didn't. I felt a touch moving all over me. A pair of hands? Maybe. Those hands just stopped at my neck. And it was then I felt the presence of the person or whatever it was getting closer to me. That person's breathing tickling my exposed skin which was devoid of bandages.

A soft giggle.

I couldn't see the person's face but I realized it was a person. Sadly I couldn't tell. Was it male? Female? Even from its voice I couldn't tell. I only saw one thing that took away everything I could have thought of at that moment.

A smile.

Sort of malicious but at the same time sad. A mix of both. That's what it felt to me. I felt that the person wanted to do this but at the same time regrets it.

Here we go.

I heard those words and I felt that person suddenly hitting my whole body. Again and again. I could feel the warmth of my own bleeding but no pain of the blows. Only the bleeding. The bleeding that just won't stop. I could only tell where I was being hit due to the bleeding.

Red. Redder. Crimson.

The blows kept in coming until it stopped suddenly. Was that it? Or was that person tired? Or can't I be hit anymore than I already did? It was then I felt the person touch their forehead with mine. Their hands now on the sides of my face.

This won't get us anywhere you know.

I could feel that person's warmth. Much more warmer than my own bleeding. I reach with my right for that person. Pulling that person closer.

I know. But there is no place to go.

It took a lot of my effort to say those words. My voice was cracking then. I realized I was crying. More and more as I finished my words. I couldn't hear anything else anymore. Only my own crying.

I couldn't hear what the person was saying. And it was this point I would wake up. Feeling tired and restless. Left awake and confused to what happened. On some rare times I forget but the feeling is there. That exhaustion and that empty feeling.

No answers. Only questions.

That was all that was left. I wonder when it would finally be resolved. The questions be answered. For the emptiness to disappear. And for the dream to finally stop.

And to finally let go of these bandages.

-End-