The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: What did you survive?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Throughout my whole life I have never broken a single bone, and I can thank my milky diet for that. And all I have to show for is a small dent in my ribs. But here's a list of what I've been through.

Trees fall on me
Trampled by said trees
Made my sister do a 360 flip on her bike by crashing into her on my bike
Sister ran over me with golf cart
Twisted my back more times than I count
Pushed off my bed by sister and fell 5 ft face first
Almost decapitated by ceiling fan
Punched in the chest real hard when I was 5
Had car door slammed into my arm by sister (I think it was on purpose)
Walked a mile barefoot through pine needles and gravel (young age)
Banged head against more desks and walls than I can remember
A history of being head shotted by volleyballs and basketballs
Was almost stabbed
Stabbed self with pen, I don't know why
Stepped on
Clawed at
Burned
Blinded
Choked
Vomited 50 gallons shit and some blood
Bitten by my dog, friend's hamster, cats, my sister, Gunpla and ducks (Fucking ducks I'll get you...)
Kicked
Punched
Refinery fire
Shot at
Electrocuted
Dipping arm in frozen fountain to remove ice
Trampled by sod
And I think that's it. So far all this stuff happened to me and I'm still fine and not horribly disfigured. To be edited.
Son, i believe there's already a similar thread for that kind of thing. You might wanna look here - http://ravenrepublic.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=597
Mine is no injury, but I have survived from something else. Survived living a life without internet for 3 days. It was one of the most challenging days I've ever had in my entire life. Every minute and every second, my brain would keep telling me to search for something on google. For three days, I would always close my eyes and duel with thine brain to the death in a fencing match.

Three days and I have never sustained a single injury; its attacks were never able to hit me and I destroyed my own brain countless times in an unending battle. Everytime the duel would restart, I would always pop out my gun and shoot the enemy fencer. Hence, I always win.

Yes, there is more than meets the eye. Not only have I survived without any internet for 3 days, but I have also survived fencing duels that couldn't hit me in the first place.
(08-29-2012, 01:50 PM)Goat Wrote: [ -> ]Mine is no injury, but I have survived from something else. Survived living a life without internet for 3 days. It was one of the most challenging days I've ever had in my entire life. Every minute and every second, my brain would keep telling me to search for something on google. For three days, I would always close my eyes and duel with thine brain to the death in a fencing match.

Three days and I have never sustained a single injury; its attacks were never able to hit me and I destroyed my own brain countless times in an unending battle. Everytime the duel would restart, I would always pop out my gun and shoot the enemy fencer. Hence, I always win.

Yes, there is more than meets the eye. Not only have I survived without any internet for 3 days, but I have also survived fencing duels that couldn't hit me in the first place.

Try 3 weeks then we'll talk goat Lol ....geeezus Effing Christ! the PSN crysis? at least u had yutube on the browser!
(08-29-2012, 07:55 PM)Saika Darkmoon Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2012, 01:50 PM)Goat Wrote: [ -> ]Mine is no injury, but I have survived from something else. Survived living a life without internet for 3 days. It was one of the most challenging days I've ever had in my entire life. Every minute and every second, my brain would keep telling me to search for something on google. For three days, I would always close my eyes and duel with thine brain to the death in a fencing match.

Try 3 weeks then we'll talk goat Lol ....geeezus Effing Christ! the PSN crysis? at least u had yutube on the browser!
2 weeks no power and the trees almost killed my sister, plus it was snowing balls everywhere and power lines were down everywhere as well. Plus AT&T bullshit afterwards so throw another 2 weeks onto that.
A day without Guild Wars 2.. Im still sane sadly..
Hang in there dood, you'll make it.
mother almost had a miscarriage at 5 months.

premature birth at 8 months. severe lactose intolerance. various complications due to small size and weak immune system.

fell off a whole flight of stairs at age two. landed on my head. death throes for a few a seconds then laid silent for a couple more. revived and stood up with no intervention. three days later, when they finally took me to an orthopedic doctor at the advise of a masseur, it was found that my neck is off alignment. a few more millimeters and it would've caused a tear in my spinal cord. manipulative surgery to correct alignment. spent a whole year in a body cast from the waist up.

fell off my brother's mountain bike at 10 and landed pretty bad. partial numbness in arms and legs . diagnosed with nerve entrapment due to complications with previous neck injury. additionally, premature birth caused a deformity in the lower spine. manipulative surgery to correct alignments in neck as well as injection of medicine for deformity in lower lumbar. neck and back brace for one year. daily two hour neck traction for the next six months. three months of weekly physical therapy.

landed bad after a prank pulled on me during graduation practice at age 12. numbness in legs. diagnosed with minor spinal disc herniation (slipped disc) caused by fall and moderate nerve entrapment in the lower lumbar area. latter caused by repair of lower lumbar deformity. manipulative surgery. one year with back brace and six months of daily two hour traction for lower back. three months of weekly physical therapy.

nervous break down due to severe stress, depression, and chemical imbalance advanced and triggered by a possible overdose/intake of inappropriate psychiatric medication. post-incident diagnosis reveals patient to also have chronic anxiety disorder, and symptoms of bipolar disorder. admission to sanitarium refused by patient on grounds of financial instability. three years of medication and regular check-ups. after said period medication and check-up is on a "as needed" basis due to chronic anxiety disorder.

three suicide attempts before, and after nervous breakdown. [DATA EXPUNGED]

my ortho considers my case a miracle since i not only lived through the fall when i was two, but i survived with no paralysis whatsoever. the only downside is, i kinda walk funny to some people XD likewise my psychiartist and neurologist are pleased at my rate of recovery and how i have coped with my situation.
That's just amazing, I know some people that have been through alot, but you... you certainly have come a long way.
The Manila earthquake of 1991(?). Ondoy.

Currently surviving huge financial debt. Hahaha.
(08-31-2012, 01:45 PM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]The Manila earthquake of 1991.

Yeah, me and my folks were out of the house at that day, buying stuff at SM Makati when it happened. All i could think of at the time was my baby brother who was left at home.
editus maximus: i was thinking about the '92 earthquake. the one that hit baguio.

We were at home when the quake hit, but it was just me and sister who was only two years older than me. Pretty scary coz we didnt know what to do.

Not sure if it counts, but also survived the coup d'etat during the time of late Pres. Cory Aquino. We live near RPN 9 which was taken by the rebels. We could hear the gunfire as it was being retaken by the military. Oh, and I remember being a few meters away from where a chopper landed and deployed soldiers. My mom had us sleep under our large and think narra table in case stray bullets came down thru the roof.
no RR for a week and a part of me died