The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Am I in the wrong?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this whole thread may seem a little odd but it's something that really bothered me. Anyway while I do understand some people's dislike for ninebreakers as a team I wasn't aware that being in RR disallowed me from being friends with any of them? Well the story goes like this me + Kraneck and a handful of the AC5 community were in a Conquest/Coordination chat. A-Mex a member of NB I recently befriended wanted a shot at our territory in Huge Canyon. I agreed and Kraneck didn't which in turn caused Kraneck to argue with Mex. Then spazz at me telling me that I could be kicked for putting our territory in jeopardy, and that I was not to speak to Mex again. Even though we came to a slight understanding I'm still a little bothered by how it all went down.. Which is why I wanted another opinion on the matter...
It's not that it's wrong to befriend him, it's just that since you were going to fight him 1 on 1 for a territory, there a high chance that he might just blitz you because based on what I read on Gfaqs, some members of Ninebreakers are really fond of doing that.
Indeed... also you was going to use our only territory in HC, and that territory is healthy... that's why I got a little pissed, also they might had rushed you and in the end we would have ended up loosing our turf there, I know that it was a mistake telling you to stop being his friend... and I feel terrible for arguing with Mex... it's just that I was freaked out of what you were about to do with our territory and I reacted in the worst way possible, please forgive me but I'm just trying to do what is best for RR 2 in general... I was a succesfull leader back in the times of Irrelephancy, I learned a lot... so please, have faith on me and believe in me.... and once again, forgive about what just happened earlier.
I think what Kraneck had in mind is that it was "better to be safe than sorry".
It's much better to fight for territories as a team even if you know the person, if he wanted a duel, I think it's much better if it was in free battle instead.
I have no problem with our members befriending guys from other teams. In fact, I'd encourage it. Outside of Conquest mode, there's no reason for any of us to not get along. The AC community is small enough as it is.

But ya, if territories are to be put on the line, I'd prefer that such a thing be decided by more than just one person. And whatever the outcome, have no hard feelings. Smile
I see. But it wasn't a 1v1. Anyway I'm over it I just felt like in some way I broke rules that I knew nothing about.
IMO, coordinating matches is an awful way to fight for territory right now.

First, You could just get rushed or get OMGWTFREVERSEJOINT!
Second, Another team could jump at yah by chance and get F'd up by surpise. (Happened based on experience but not my personal experience. Tongue)
Third, Always a territory on the line, if its 1v1. If you loose the match because your opponent was using a perfect counter for your build, youre all to blame.. XD Its always better to do it as a team always so that you have someone else to blame. lol (Kiddin')

Its also better to ask or inform someone in your team before you act in behalf of the whole team.

This are the things I keep in mind always..
Anyway, at the end of the day, it's just virtual territory. Make friends. Have fun!
Yeah in the end I didn't want the situation to hurt my credibility as a player. I would've never done a 1v1 for territory. I just wanted a good fight with mex and his team hence why I asked kraneck if it was ok it was just an awkward situation where me and kraneck had a disagreement :/. Luckily everything is all good now though.
FRIENDSHIP IS MAGICKX.