The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: What's in La Salle?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
On the topic of books, when should I get/buy/order them?
read this first Wrote:Bolded for your convenience.
The unchanged are not as important, but somewhat necessary and related.
Black-Fonted the unimportant.!

More importantly, just read the bolded fonts. Changed the font color to something neutral to lessen eye irritation.

Anyway, know your curriculum first. How are you going to use them anyway? For references? Reviewers/General trivia for course? For academical/minor subjects?

We usually buy them just after enrolling the subject on either assessment or enrollment day (when I wasn't in CSB yet; when i was at a different college university).

It's a little different in CSB, and most likely Lasalle too. Unlike highschool, where every requirement has a staple already, college professors may or may not advice you to use books related to their subject (this means they'll have fully-covered info for you). If they don't, they'll announce books and photocopies at the first day of classes or before a new lesson starts.

Also, if a certain subject requires a book before the term starts, your registrar should usually tell the requirements. If they don't, they may point you to another staff for that.

If you have decided on your course already and you want to 9001% ace it, it's usually best to get as much basic-intermediate course-related info as possible beforehand if you want to be ahead few steps longer. Just make sure you know what you're reading and don't overestimate yourself; avoid too-advanced stuff if you're sure it matches your skill level yet, lest you'd get more lost and confused, or in that case just root that info back to your current info. Only through a Nexus you'll understand it. Considering what university you'll be enrolling to, professors are there and are there for a reason; they professionally-trained. Still, it doesn't hurt to get your own for additional reference though.

Using them on your thesis is also a different story, in which a well-made piece of work requires combined highly-advanced knowledge (kind of like for example, how concept art illustration requires a lot of skill and knowledge in alla prima Painting, gesture drawing, landscapes, juxtapositioning, angles, perspectives, lightning, mode, color schemes, tone, proportion, and more basic fundamentals in other media before you could yourself a practioner of this medium).

The library is there for you, but you must pirate my brain in or get DLC in order to know more. Herdy derpie burp j/k. <--- No, I'm not going to black that out. -__-

PS: I've been passing up time doing this, but no one's still hiring me in ACV. Been trying to edit my merc bio to a humble foreigner (私は外人だ。よろしく。間違か言葉の壁いを犯して申し訳ありません。(???) / 言葉の壁いを犯して申し訳ありません) and I still couldn't get any sympathy and courtesy, or at least lullage! This took twice as long as the original post. FFFUUUUCKKKK YOUUU JJJJAAAA******SSSS. Now it feels as if I wasted time making this post. : /

PS2 (edit): I just noticed that they cut out the last few words due to a limited character allotment. Screw you Fromsoft.
Ateneo lets you pick your professors and CSB lets you pick your schedule (in the later on terms)

Does DLSU do the same thing with CSB? If so, when does it start?
Me: *complains about schoolwork*
TS: *asks about said schoolwork*
Me: *explains said schoolwork*
RF: *WTFs over said schoolwork*
Me: *IKRs about said schoolwork*
TS: College is gonna feel a lot easier XD
Me: We've been through hell early XD
RF: Usually the case with <sister-schools> XD
Me: Why do you think alumnae here keep graduating top of their class? XD

^
In 4-ish months...I get to test that theory. LOL
(01-28-2012, 01:18 PM)HayWire Wrote: [ -> ]Ateneo lets you pick your professors and CSB lets you pick your schedule (in the later on terms)

Does DLSU do the same thing with CSB? If so, when does it start?

I think freshmen get pre-set schedules for the first 2 or 3 terms. After that, you can choose sections/professors though the online enrollment system. If you want earlier access to online enrollment, go fail or drop a class.
Pages: 1 2 3