The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Read at your own risk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry couldn’t help it Facepalm

)@(*)@(*#)@(*#)@(*#)(@*#)(@*# or “napapaiyak ako sa sobra kabobohan” is my first reaction when I saw a google image comparison of Panday and Clash of the Titans

…T_T seriously Bong you’ve just made the Philippine Cinema another reason to be a laughing joke to the whole world…not that it isn’t to the world already but Bong you just made it worse…what even makes this sad as Haywire pointed “kawawa ung mga employees because there just doing their job nadadamay sila sa kabobohan ng ABS-CBN and such” and I agree

Its like they just grabbed clash of the titans and changed the titled…

I admit the Philippines does have the talent to excel and be world class in the creative/animation/game industry but good lord its always the higher ups or the masses that screws it up…looks at E-BOY, PANDAY, 100 days…T_T O come on! Cant you guys come up with something original

Never copy stuff, use others works as a inspiration, reference or tribute or something

BUT NEVER EVER MAKE AN EXACT COPY! IT’S A BIG NO NO!

Good examples for using other works as reference

The classics:

The story of Treasure Island…

How many times have we heard this story before? Its been done so many times the muppets version, live action version and my favorite version Treasure Planet...

Lets look at Treasure Planet, yes the concept is done so many times but Treasure Planet has its own art direction, own touch, own flare, First animated movie to incorporate 3d and 2d animation in a character, own unique touch…what if the story of Treasure Island happened in space and in the future? So yeah its own flare

A Christmass Carol, so many versions? But are any of them the same? No, all had its own unique flare as well, none of them were “copies”

Now lets look at a MLP:FIM scene the one that pays homage to a starwars scene
Yes same setting for both, a palace thing, Yes same concept for both, a celebration of some sort

But totally different art direction for both, you’ve got you colorful art direction as compared to its homage reference which is a live action serious movie

Even though the basic layout is the same for both they changed a lot to make it more sutle, like number of characters, the sequencing also is changed a bit

So bottom line is, “it works”

Bad Example

Panday

T_T

The camera angles, look the same, the layout looks exactly the same, the designs looks almost the same T_T

Maybe the director was thinking was something like this?

Director: Lets just grab the scenes in Clash of the Titans and make the monster face the other way I am sure no one will know the difference

Well guess what Bong you just gave the world another reason to laugh at us
+1 to so-bad-it's-good movie marathon? LOL

srs edit: Don't place the blame on the actors/actresses, I'd say it's mostly the director's work, and partly because of the legion of movie watchers idiots that saw it and thought it was great. If what you say is true and it copied a lot from Clash of the Titans (which wasn't good at all IMHO), why is this movie getting good feedback AND top spot in PH box office lists? It's a fucking mystery.

To be fair though, I think they could have done better. Minsan kasi pag sinabi mong trabaho, si Juan walang pakielam sa ginagawa nya. Kaya nangongopya.

I also think that 3dfx wise, it's not as bad as I thought it would be (Judging from the trailers, which have probably been spruced up to entice the "masses"). Not that I'm saying that it's good, it just went from "Resiklo" to Bollywood meh.

edit two: I respect Ely Buendia a lot, but god damn the theme sounds like an Islamic cow-slaying ritual. I had periodic episodes of cringing this past vacation season everyti- PANDAAAaaaAAAAaaaAAAY .__.
http://nugglepurl.blogspot.com/2011/12/p...arism.html

http://www.marvindegracia.com/2011/12/pa...itans.html

http://forum.3dpinoy.com/showthread.php?t=3406

ho hmmm...Nice Going Guys Facepalm

Lalo lng napapahiya ang philippine cinema if this keeps up...not that its a already humiliating to begin with
This thread's quite a breath of fresh air. It's not often anymore that we get such passionate posts here on RR!

But onto the topic: I didn't watch Panday and I've only seen chunks of Clash of the Titans on TV, but even given that Panday borrowed heavily from a movie, I don't think it's such a big deal as to "shame the whole country" or our movie industry. And even if Hollywood does hear about it, well so what? We don't even have a movie industry anyway. There's nothing to shame or destroy. We have to start somewhere, even if it means borrowing from the best.

I guess your passion stems from being an artist yourself. But I think it reflects more on lazy directing/writing rather than the ability of the artists involved. And if anything, I think it's a great thing that Bong's movies give our local 3D artists the opportunity to showcase their work for the local audience. But all this isn't to say that I condone the plagiarism. I just think it isn't as big a deal as what some folks are making it out to be.
(01-08-2012, 06:36 PM)RoninFang Wrote: [ -> ]Lalo lng napapahiya ang philippine cinema if this keeps up...not that its a already humiliating to begin with

Hindi na mababago yan. Noon nga meron Batman en Robin, Starzan, goosebusters, batang X, etc etc

Eto pa may alien queen...
[Image: OKFK2.jpg]

"
I guess your passion stems from being an artist yourself. But I think it reflects more on lazy directing/writing rather than the ability of the artists involved. And if anything, I think it's a great thing that Bong's movies give our local 3D artists the opportunity to showcase their work for the local audience. But all this isn't to say that I condone the plagiarism. I just think it isn't as big a deal as what some folks are making it out to be. "

i guess you have a point there hmmmm
I for one liked a number of Filipino movies
- old comedy movies (unfortunately I've grown out of these), Any action movie with Eddie Garcia in it, Most movies concerning Philippine History; Dekada Citenta, Rizal,etc and a few slice of slice films like "Caregiver".

But unfortunately films like these rarely appear anymore the current "family" oriented trend for Phil films is meeeh ><. (though I will be watching "praybet benjamin and patayin sa shokot si remington as people are saying they are worth watching plus I keep forgetting to watch rpg metanoia XP )

we should really stop trying to copy Hollywood both figuratively and literally. But as Nix said its a start I for one wish that its gonna go for the better.

On all this my question is will we have our own trend for our films (like how bollywood films REALLY like dancing) or something...
(01-09-2012, 03:58 AM)clonezero Wrote: [ -> ]..But unfortunately films like these rarely appear anymore the current "family" oriented trend for Phil films is meeeh ><. (though I will be watching "praybet benjamin and patayin sa shokot si Remington as people are saying they are worth watching plus I keep forgetting to watch rpg metanoia XP )..
FTFY, I saw the poster somewhere and I lol'd hard for some reason LOL

If only they had planned this out properly.. I'd say the movie would have had a chance of getting some positive remarks other than what the 3dfx guys were able to create emulate.
thanks for that shin did see that mistake XP
(01-09-2012, 01:36 AM)J.E_Magog Wrote: [ -> ]Hindi na mababago yan. Noon nga meron Batman en Robin, Starzan, goosebusters, batang X, etc etc

Eto pa may alien queen...

HAHAHA I remember those! But those are very intentional and are comedy movies. except for batang X puera na lang kung natawa kayo dun.

Wag mo kalimutan si She-Man pati Kabayo Kids. TVJ knows what they're doing.
batang x was as confusing as evangelion with none of the mystery ... still I for one thought if a better team handled that movie if would have been better.