The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Rurouni Kenshin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Domo Domo Domo
Looks like something to look forward to! Hope that this movie doesn't have an identity crisis. LOL
I hope they keep the epic OSTs from the different Kenshin series over the years LOL Even just the OP/ED themes.
Saw this a few days ago when my sister showed it to me. The entire thing looks fangasmic. Wonder how they'll implement his techniques though o3o
(12-18-2011, 01:12 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]I hope they keep the epic OSTs from the different Kenshin series over the years LOL Even just the OP/ED themes.

YES. I still have my CDs. LOL

My fanboy body is ready.
Seems we've mostly forgotten about this one. Tongue

[Image: rkreleaseposter.jpg]

Barely a couple of months to go.
the running through gunfire sold it for me!!
Will this have international distribution? If it doesn't, we'll have to wait for it to go to DVD (so that it can be fansubbed). That'll mean waiting till around the end of the year.
There's always the usual sources. Shades
So, to those who've watched it already, how was it? Big grin
I've been hearing reports from my more attuned officemates that it's actually quite good. There were some liberties taken with the source material, but overall reactions have been good. Smile
Ditched work yesterday afternoon to catch this with Rick and Jake and 2 other work-ditching nerds. Apparently, a cinema-full of nerds were willing to ditch work for it as well.

Yep, it was good. Excellent production values. Great casting and costumes. Pace was a bit uneven, but that's really all I can criticize. Maybe what they did with Hanya. But in any case, it's a must-watch if you're familiar with the series.
Turns out the henchmen they used weren't Hanya and Shikijo. They were actually Inui and this other guy from the Enishi arc. Maybe they're saving the oni gang for the next movie.
(12-10-2012, 09:06 AM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]Turns out the henchmen they used weren't Hanya and Shikijo. They were actually Inui and this other guy from the Enishi arc. Maybe they're saving the oni gang for the next movie.
Thought those two were (supposedly, based on looks) Hanya and Beshimi. Inui and Otowa? Definitely looks weird from here.

The only doubts that I have over who they are in the movie is that (supposedly) Hanya had guns and what seemed like unlimited bullets on dual revolvers(?), but if he were actually Otowa, then the guns would make sense.

But, in the end, the two of them look a lot like Hanya and Beshimi. Who they really are escapes me at this moment ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit:
Also, Saito had very little action in this movie. That one scene where he was about to use Gatotsu (OMG EPIC CHARGE INC), then he abruptly leaps the fuck up to stab the goddamned chandelier just to double-tap and disable Kanryu and his lackey, that scene was quite... underwhelming.
Pages: 1 2