The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Dual Lrp: Ragnarox and Loki
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
These two was created for the sole purpose dual arena battles..theses ac was taken from the idea of what if dualface wasnt the only one of his kind in nexus. Idea of the two based from the surviors of the unmanned machines destruction in Armored Core nexus that changed/added parts from mirage instead of solely using just crest designed parts to fix themselves to survive. Now alot of time and constant testing was put into these acs since the last post where SaVage bombed Glare . Ragnarox is a heavy ac with enough firepower to destory acs with in seconds...literally. Loki is a super lightweight ac that is used for protection on ragnarox if anyone steps in too close for Ragnarox too evade. Ragnrox is also my pick for front page ac....reason being is that a heavy is needed due to the fact that a heavy kinda fits the front page setup and this ac is not to be fucked with Shades

Color Scheme....(applies for both acs)

RAGNAROX

Head: H09-SPIDER
Core: CR-C89E
Arms: CR-A80S3
Legs: LH13-JACKAL2
Booster: B03-VULTURE2
FCS: CR-F73H
Generator: CR-G91
Radiator: ANANDA
Inside: NONE
Extension: CR-E82SS2 SIDE SHIELD
Back Unit R: WB05M-SATYUROS MIDDLE MISSILE
Back Unit L: KARURA MICRO MISSILE
Arm Unit R: CR-WR81B2 BAZOOKA
Arm Unit L: CR-WH05RLA LINER RIFLE(AST)
Arm Unit R Hanger: NONE
Arm Unit L Hanger: NONE
O01-ANIMO, CR-O69ES, CR-O71EC, CR-O75LA, CR-O79L+, CR-O86R+,
MARISHI, KANGI,

Clapping

LOKI

Head: CR-H05XS-EYE3
Core: C03-HELIOS
Arms: CR-A92XS
Legs: CR-LH95M2
Booster: B03-VULTURE2
FCS: CR-F73H
Generator: CR-G91
Radiator: ANANDA
Inside: NONE
Extension: CR-E92RM3 RELATION MISSILE
Back Unit R: WB05M-SATYUROS MIDDLE MISSILE
Back Unit L: WB01M-NYMPHE SMALL MISSILE
Arm Unit R: WR07M-PIXIE3 MACHINEGUN
Arm Unit L: CR-WL06LB4 LASER BLADE

Arm Unit R Hanger: NONE
Arm Unit L Hanger: NONE
O01-ANIMO, CR-O69ES, CR-O71EC, CR-O75LA, CR-O79L+, O08-RIBOSE,
CR-O86R+, MARISHI, KANGI,

Feedback is always welcome and definitely try out my ragnarox setup...you wont be disappointed Tongue

I'd personally want a bigger box when trying to aim and time the highly inaccurate B2.
(09-26-2011, 10:22 PM)your mom Wrote: [ -> ]I'd personally want a bigger box when trying to aim and time the highly inaccurate B2.

What he said. Go for something with a WS or Standard lock. But keep it as is if you could live with a small box.
b2 isnt inccurate? i make everyone of my shots even against lightweights..what are u doin wrong?nlock box is small but u still need to remember this is for 2v2..brute power makes up 4 lock box nd u cant forget loki....thats why loki is there...trust me on this one....i put alot of thought ino these 2 ac's what one lacks the other makes up for..just try the design out you'll see why
I think they would prefer the BP over B2. It is true that the B2 is lighter and has a stronger single shot than the BP, but it also has a lower projectile speed which makes it harder to land a hit at medium to long ranges.
(09-28-2011, 01:18 AM)Int3ll3r1337 Wrote: [ -> ]b2 isnt inccurate? i make everyone of my shots even against lightweights..what are u doin wrong?

I play people that dodge and move around. Although I guess that's my fault. Hopefully you don't run into the same misfortune.

Quote:trust me on this one....i put alot of thought ino these 2 ac's what one lacks the other makes up for..just try the design out you'll see why

I don't really have to try them out. I already know how they'll perform in 2v2 without even sticking the game in my ps3.
@ Int3ll3r1337:

JACKAL2, is that Jack-O's leg? It won't give enough speed to utilize the B2's close-range effectiveness. B2 is powerful but isn't as accurate compared to its other kin. Want a zook with adequate damage and ample ammunition stores? I'd get BP any day now.

Anyway, just read how B2 performs, and forget the trash-talking in there. My point is that it isn't only your mom that's saying it. http://ravenrepublic.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=207

I've had some bad experiences using B2 as well when I fought real people. LOL

hahah too lazy to comment on the other stuff

Edit:

We appreciate your designs and your will to try though btw, and it's understandable that (broken record; PLAY!) human opponents are much more versatile than AIs. Think of it this way; if people can dodge a lot of projectiles from more accurate AST rifles than B2, how much of B2's shots will hit? What would happen if someone would flank my AC; will it be effective if I would backpedal? Will he move towards another direction from the direction where I'm strafing at? etc, etc.

Sadly, the thing with AC is that you won't ever learn anything above the basics for playing alone until you try playing with someone (I've played against people, but there are a lot of players above my skill level because of more experience and their probability of learning much more per match). Then gradually both of you will be able to pick up stuff that are effective in various situations. It's hard to explain I guess, but you kind of pick it up as you go further; only that SP and MP are in both different worlds.
i started shooting with the rla first that kinda stuns them and then shoot the b2 i'm aware of the low pro. speed but that what why i worked with this setup against lightwieght a.i's and fascinator to get a feel for the dodging issues. Now i do now that people arent like in game a.i but it was the closest thing i had for something to have a high evasion rate. Its a solid all around ac none the less that was aalot of firepower and i think with this ac ithe main concern is the lockbox and b2. I perfered the b2 over the bp. I will put everyone concerns into the next dual ac's I'll be posting.. I think my next heavy ac Jade Dragon you would like more than Ragnarox..better lockbox and set up
I'm confident you can make B2 work and be very accurate, but you need to time it to do so. In order to properly time a weapon, you need an AC fast enough and with big enough of a box to always have the opponent in your sights so you can time out whenever you want to lean in to your shots at the opportune times. If the two ACs are intended for vs the computer, than that's fine. I'm only giving pvp advice so avoid the advice whenever you want if the posted ACs were intended for something else.

Haha that link to the wanzerfreak post is great!
For aiming practice, try going to Vs mode, fight liger, and elk. both ACs provide some training for tracking, and some testing for weapons to a degree. Liger is fast since it's on TP, while elk tests your ability to track up and down. The thing with zinaida is that she may go up fast, but her AI behavior is one of the most predictable in the game, which is go up, rain mg/kinnara. she doesnt oscillate much and just stays there, and also flies in an almost predictable path towards your AC. In single player load game, try CROW. yes ai is still predictable, but he overboosts randomly, so he may prove to be a good test for aiming and range management too. Salute

um.....liger and elk....I'm using Last Raven portable soo......idk who those are but i understand that for fascinator and crow but when ur playing on the psp like i am tracking highly mobile targets can be a bitch. but i got the hang of it thats why ragnarox was created...but ur not the first one to say that...i want to know who liger and elk are..
oh, liger and elk are ai opponents in the VS mode in the ps2 version. I think it's also there?
sadly psp verison doesnt have them heres the vr arena line up
ska
quota
rick
vion
leandro
genie
toothpick
allure
glow
mal & dal
zorro x
prilissa
keepless
warlord
flip flop
reverse
fat daddy
sir fire
crezner
caricature
manx
bj
certainty
crimson
susando
moonlight
moody
daemon.... and the ex arena just has everyone plus the 3 xtra ac from campaign..if u can get a pic of those two for me it would be awesome...
The VR series ACs are located in the Versus or multiplayer section of the PS2's version of Last Raven. Unfortunately for you, the PSP version has no such feature, as it was replaced by the Connection option for ad-hoc games.
to be honest they shouldve made a online pvp function instead..no one here i live by does ad-hoc for any games...that function is pointless and if anyone on RR plays FTB3 for psp I'm [107] inteller rank 60..
Pages: 1 2