The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: JiNs A.R.T.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yo Jin! Nice, nice work!
nice art, where did you get the background btw?
Nice work! Is that some sort of elf?
that looks pretty cool!
Lookin' goooood! Smile

Can you give me a clearer hint as to where this university is? Haha.
nice Happy me likeeeeee~
awesome render! i thought it was a real pic.
Are using unreal for the render? My walkthrough takes 5-ish minutes per frame to render in mental ray and that will take days to finish. That's why I'm considering something like unreal or even cryengine 3 if they can speed up the render.
your only probably going to use mental ray for films (which pixar/dreamworks and other high end animation studios use) or animated shorts well since usually they have a render farm to work with so they can get away with it

but since this is just a walkthrough you can get away probably with what Jin does i think he uses a game engine instead
(09-15-2011, 12:25 PM)JiN Wrote: [ -> ]University belt and the color of the roof is green. Shifty
Ang daming green yung bubong eh, sana yung tumutulong umararo ng bukid. LOL
(09-15-2011, 12:25 PM)JiN Wrote: [ -> ]yeahp. its waaaay faster than rendering in mental ray. you can finish up a 5000x5000 pixel frame in at least 3 seconds.

It also looks better than the default maya render. Thanks for the tip!

(09-15-2011, 12:31 PM)RoninFang Wrote: [ -> ]your only probably going to use mental ray for films (which pixar/dreamworks and other high end animation studios use) or animated shorts well since usually they have a render farm to work with so they can get away with it

but since this is just a walkthrough you can get away probably with what Jin does i think he uses a game engine instead
Yeah unfortunately our instructor is some self proclaimed genius so basically in every session he's mostly showing off, barely teaching us anything.

"Yeah unfortunately our instructor is some self proclaimed genius so basically in every session he's mostly showing off, barely teaching us anything. "

most of the stuff i know weren't taught in CSB lets just say like Dash i crashed and burned so many times trying out stuff...well trying to figure out stuff kinda lost count already >_<
it will be a good idea to ask jin for some 3d tips to humiliate that prof
which reminds me Jin about game engines...there's a game engine you might be interested in checking out...its relatively new so yeah tried running it on my laptop (since my current laptop is roughly a 3 year old or second hand...cant afford a new one >_<) >_< the video card on my laptop is too old to run it XD dang

anyways look for the game engine called "Marmoset Toolset" think udk but on a much smaller scale...pretty much used to test simple stuff like characters or individual background pieces
do have a desktop just that have other 2 siblings and a mom to share it with XD
Pages: 1 2