The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: LR: Urumi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AC Name: Urumi

H07-CRICKET 0,7,3,0,0
CR-YC99UL 0,7,3,0,0
CR-A92XS 0,4,3,3,0
LH04-DINGO 0,2,0,3,5
B05-GULL 0,0,10
MONJU
G01-LOTUS 0,7,3
ANANDA 0,0,10
-
BYAKUE
WB01M-NYMPHE
MAGORAGA
WR01R-SHADOW
WL01LB-ELF
-
-
O01-AMINO, CR-O69ES, CR-O69SS, KISSYOH, CR-O79L+, O03-CODON, O08-RIBOSE, MARISHI

Paint (Camouflage):
Base: 40,40,45
Aid: 170,135,60
Optional: 160,110,40
Detail: 200,50,70
Joint: 100,100,110

Description:
The result of one of my more serious attempt in creating a fast AC built around a single rifle. Engage at medium-long ranges with the micro missiles, small missiles at medium ranges, and the SHADOW at short ranges.

The DINGO was chosen over DINGO2 because the latter is stupidly superior.

The name came from a weapon of Indian origins, commonly known as a coiled sword.
First time seeing clip extensions here in a while. Nice. Unique. A good way off the usual.

The Shadow has nice damage, but the reload is slow. If it's fine, try the RA2 for some aggression since the design feels a bit passive because of the absence of missile extensions. I'm suggesting the Elf2 because of it's better range. The Cricket breaks too easily. Do you have anything more durable?

The rest are good enough for me.
Looks ok to me except for the MAGORAGA. And no need for so many cooling tunes. Smile
The design looks fast enough to me to take advantage of Shadow. Admittedly it could use a bit more AP to provide more defensive opportunities to use shadow. Getting rid of Cricket for something with higher ap like Queen or Drone seems more appropriate, as well does some more weight/defense tunes instead of cooling. Try using dual nymphe or nymphe/mv instead to take advantage of monju. That, and, magoraga is just plain bad.

Don't know why you would choose a leg over another leg just for the sake of only novelty. :S Try to find creativity in other things that show more-- such as weapon combos or playstyle with the AC.
Swap the byakues for some missile extensions of you intend to keep the magoraga since it's not very effective by itself(69m is better). Then a hangered handgun to compensate for the byakue.
Internal server error... I'll have to retype everything... Vomit

The RA2 is nice with its fire rate, but in my opinion it doesn't have the firepower to kill things. Equipping a handgun would force the AC into CQ range and lower its survivability against most opponents. The DINGO2 is too easy to abuse to begin with, and will become a crutch if used regularly.

Made some modifications to the design, and have to say that the new rig works a lot better:

H11-QUEEN 2,0,2,6,0
CR-YC99UL 0,4,3,3,0
CR-A92XS 0,0,5,5,0
LH04-DINGO 0,0,0,5,5
B05-GULL 0,0,3,7
MONJU
G01-LOTUS 0,7,3
ANANDA 0,0,10
-
BYAKUE
CR-WB69M
WB01M-NYMPHE
WR01R-SHADOW
WL14LB-ELF2
WH09H-WRAITH
-
Same optional parts as above.

The modified design has a little bit more shell defence and AP, but retained the original speed. The ELF2 felt weaker than the ELF, but that probably has something to do with the loss of the split blade wave.

My play style could be described as "erratic" (that is darting in and out of weapon range and switching weapons frequently), but tactics are modified to work with individual designs. For this rig, speed is armour, I would likely empty out the NYMPHE early on and use the last two weapons for the rest of the match. This design can easily be mowed down by an aggressive CQ opponent, staying at range will partially mitigate that weakness. Happy

Edit: Added backup handgun.
(06-13-2011, 11:10 PM)medusa0 Wrote: [ -> ]Equipping a handgun would force the AC into CQ range and lower its survivability against most opponents.

Oh but the blade doesn't?

Let's just say that the blade is a last resort weapon that is still light and energy efficient enough to be equipped without being a hindrance. Roll eyes
And a handgun isn't?
(06-14-2011, 04:42 AM)your mom Wrote: [ -> ]And a handgun isn't?

Well, I guess what's in his mind is: 'a handgun runs out of ammo and a blade doesn't'.
This is the same reason why I recommended the ELf2 - Long reach, low drain, light weight.

But since you're on the UL this time, why not hang the blade, and equip at least a Wraith? That way, you'll have a larger lock box to give the Shadow ease of use because the usual Stun-OB-Blade combo lacks the stun.
Well, it could with the missiles, but it's kinda wacky.

Oh yeah, when I first saw this AC's name, I was expecting it to have different coloured eyes and a cruel setup.
Well, I have never ran low or out of ammo on this AC in a one-on-one match against an AI, so a handgun under the SHADOW is dead weight in that case (~70 rounds for the SHADOW and ~20 rounds for the 69M). A left-handed HP pistol over the blade could work, but as you pointed out, there's that issue with missiles at short range.

It used to have one big, scary eye and a bucket head to boot if that helps. LOL
Monju box actually becomes smaller with sp/ws instead of just sp.
I am going to put a WRAITH under the SHADOW then, thanks for the advices everyone. Clapping