The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: LR: Thesis + Antithesis + Synthesis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AC Name: Thesis

CR-WH85SR 3,4,0,3,0
C05-SELENA 3,4,0,3,0
CR-A98A2 7,3,0,0,0
CR-LT78A 3,3,0,4,0
-
KOKUH
KONGOH 0,0,10
R03-LINDEN 0,3,7
-
E07AM-MORAY
WB30Q-CHIMERA
CR-WH05BP
SUITEN

O01-AMINO, CR-O69ES, CR-O69SS, O03-CODON, O06-PHAGE, MARISHI

Tank design dated back to the first play-through of LR, but should still be useful against other tanks. Always circle the opponent counterclockwise to maximise the usage of the arm shield.

AC Name: Antihesis

H05-HORNET 3,4,0,3,0
C01-GAEA 3,4,0,3,0 was CR-C89E
A07-LEMUR 7,3,0,0,0
CR-LT81A2 3,4,0,3,0
-
CR-F82D2
CR-G84P 0,0,10 was CR-G91
R03-LINDEN 0,3,7
I05D-MEDUSA
JIREN
WB16PU-LAMIA2
CR-WB87GLL
WH08RS-FENRIR
FUITEN

O01-AMINO, CR-O69ES, CR-O69SS, CR-O79L+, O03-CODON, O04-GOLGI, O05-HISTON or MARISHI

Experimental tank AC designed to defeat tank destroyers that rely on energy weapons. I am currently debating on whether or not this AC should use shell EO, since that would free up some energy for a cooler generator. There should be enough range between the players for the FENRIR to get at least one shot off, and switch to spam GLL, EO, and LAMIA2.

Edit: *Looks at comments* Maybe I should have just said it was made for combating other tanks... Facepalm

Edit 2: Revised title to include additional designs.
you won't be circling anybody, they'll be circling you. you could ask them to be nice and circle you slowly counter clockwise though, but I'm not sure if they'll be too keen on satisfying that request.
RR is obsessed with Selena tanks.
Sounds like a bad obsession.
(05-21-2011, 09:51 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: [ -> ]RR is obsessed with Selena tanks.
To the point that most of our tanks look the same.

(05-21-2011, 10:49 PM)your mom Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a bad obsession.
Though this only applies to those who don't use OB.

Well, the design does tell me that it's only intended for tanks.
Problem is, not all tanks don't have OB. Even if you have rock hard defense, your AP would end up getting chipped off per pass.

But still, this is an AC worth seeing in the Battle City modes.

BTW, I like what you did with the Kongoh Here, but since you don't boost... at all, you might like to try the Linden and tune it to energy drain, that way your generator would recharge faster. Well, that and the backdoor cooling, your AC's heavy and will get hit anyway, so the extra weight won't hurt. I don't actually see anything else to go with this since based on older builds, the Kongoh+R92 combo works best on fast moving ACs with BOOSTERS.

I'll try it with the Linden then and see how that worked out. Happy

Edit: Added another design. Linden worked well enough, thanks for the input!
Yeah it sounds like a design that's meant to fight other designs that barely move at all, and even then it doesn't quite have the damage racing potential to just plain outmsucle them. It'd be much easer to see where you're coming from if I saw vids of you vs opponent players.
Thesis

LONGHORN
SELENA
98A2
78A
-
F73H (or whatever provides the biggest box for single-wield ND. Refer to FCS FAQ)
G84P (mostly to capacity) or G91
ANANDA
MEDUSA/MEDUS2/None
- (I'd put JIREN here, but Arms Overweight. =/ )
98LX --> I'd trust its accuracy (and DPS) a bit more than CHIMERA.
CR-WH05BP
SUITEN

O01-AMINO, CR-O69ES, KISSYOH, L+, O03-CODON, HISTON, MARISHI

I still wouldn't consider this a good tank. But I'm guessing it'd fare better than the original in tank vs tank situations.

The Antithesis design looks like it'd work better on the BOAR2.
(05-22-2011, 10:39 PM)your mom Wrote: [ -> ]It'd be much easer to see where you're coming from if I saw vids of you vs opponent players.

To tell you the truth, I have never had the fortune to participate in any sort of PvP in terms of AC. That is why most of my designs tend to range from semi-practical to completely impractical (unfortunately moreso the latter) in the context of PvP.

Thesis is an outdated AC that is completely geared towards defeating CPU controlled heavies and in rare case mediums. It did utilise the LX cannon before, but I felt that the special lock on the CHIMERA and its somewhat faster fire rate is more comfortable. There should be another weapon in place of the SUITEN, probably one with a WS lock, but that would meant switching out the KOKUH for the F73H. The results would be something like this:

Thesis (Revised)

CR-YH85SR (Keeping this for continuity's sake)
C05-SELENA
CR-A98A2
CR-LT78A
-
CR-F73H
CR-G84P
ANANDA (Or a similar radiator)
I05D-MEDUSA (Depending on the missile loadout of the opponents)
JIREN
CR-WBW98LX
WR13B-GIANT (Or CR-WH05BP, but this fires faster at short range)
WH05M-SYLPH
Optionals: As NiX posted above.

Antithesis is built to counter Thesis or other energy weapon focused tanks, but fare even more poorly against mobile ACs. I could probably salvage the design somewhat by going with something that looks like this to put emphasis on quick firepower at an expense of survivability:

Antithesis (Slightly overweight revision)

H05-HORNET 6,0,2,2,0
C05-SELENA 6,1,0,3,0
A07-LEMUR 6,4,0,0,0
LT02-BOAR2 0,3,0,0,7
-
CR-F73H
CR-G84P 6,0,4
ANANDA 0,0,10
-
E07AM-MORAY
CR-WB87GLL (Spam this off as quick as possible at close range)
CR-WB87GLL (Ditto)
CR-WR76B
CR-WL85B
Optionals: O01-AMINO, CR-O69ES, CR-O69SS, CR-O79L+, O03-CODON, CR-O86R+, MARISHI

Eventually, I'll come up with a third design that addresses the weaknesses of the previous two named "Synthesis" to keep up the theme.

Edit: What are the rules for Battle City by the way? Not that I'll ever have a chance of participating, but I'd like to know so I can modify the tanks accordingly.
No specific rules for Battle City. It's just our nickname for Tank vs Tank matches.
Synthesis

CR-H06SR2 0,7,3,0,0
C06-EOS 0,7,0,3,0
A07-LEMUR 6,4,0,0,0
CR-LT71 0,7,0,3,0
-
CR-F73H
FUDOH 6,4,0
ANANDA 0,0,10
I07D-MEDUSA2
-
YWB35L-GERYON3
YWB35L-GERYON3
CR-WR81B2
CR-WH79M2
Optionals: O01-AMINO, CR-O69ES, CR-O69SS, CR-O79L+, O03-CODON, MARISHI

This is the last tank in the series, and in my experience it performed much better than its predecessors against a variety of AI controlled opponents.

Now here's the question: LX or GERYON3?
2 GERYON3s doesn't seem like such a bad idea. I'm not a huge fan of those legs though. Smile Will try later after work.
Ok the LT71 is just absolutely horrendous. OB here propels you to no more than 480. Sad I guess it's back to 78A or A2. And the equip drain from the 2 GERYON3s hurts the AC quite a bit. You might as well swap one out for GLL or something.
The problems with LT71 are that it is the heaviest and the slowest leg part by default with sub-par defence stats in comparison to other threaded tank legs (makes you wonder what the developers at FROM were smoking when they made that choice).

I supposed I could always switch out the legs for the 78A to maximise the benefits of the OB, and drop the GERYON3s for a GERYON on the left and a GLL on the right. GERYON2 would have been preferred at long ranges though if not for its high drain, the same case for the LADON2.

The current theoretical tactics are: stay at medium range for the laser cannon and close in with the OB for the grenades, with the B2 as backup once the cannons run dry. I'll try out those changes once the exams are over. Many thanks. Salute

Edit: Tried the new build, it's still far from optimal though.