The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Superbia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Superbia (pride)

[Image: Superbia.jpg]

frame parts
LONGHORN - 50weight, 50 shell defense
SELENA - 50 weight, 50 shell defense
AG - 20 cooling, 80 shell defense
78A - 100 shell defense

internals and motive parts
F73H
KUJAKU - 100 energy output
ANANDA - 30 energy drain, 70 cooling

armaments
SS2
LAMIA
GERYON3
81G
BP

optionals
AMINO
ES
SS
L+
CODON
R+
MARISHI

This is my first semi-serious tank in LR. This frame arose from the need for a tank-destroyer design for our Battle City matches since i usually get my behind handed to me, most often by the uber-kunats used by Beastkiller and Serene. Being a total idiot when it comes to tanks, i just used some of the heaviest-armored parts i know, a couple of energy weapons and a generator that i usually never use but will be needed here due to the frame's high-energy needs.

The usual tactic with this one is send out a couple of blasts from the laser cannon while closing in, popping the EOs once in range and then proceed to wail on the target with a simultaneous barrage from the orbits, bazooka and pulse cannon. Maybe the unit is a little too heavily-armed as i rarely even get to use the grenade rifle mounted on the right arm. Case in point: during the last trip to Tagaytay, in one tank match, i was able to eliminate three enemy tanks, including Serene's nigh-unstoppable Obsidian Rock, with just the BP/LAMIA/EO combo. Happy

I've actually been kicking around with this frame since late 2009 but only decided now to post it since i need suggestions for fine-tuning this one.
First off, what language does the name come from? I'm curious Tongue

You've got one tough as nails tank unit here. Excellent shell defense and moderately good EN defense (for a tank). Perfect for a rolling rock that's about to crush anything in its path. A few things to help your boulder crush other ACs like a monster truck though: You can get rid of the side shields, they only work if a projectile hits you directly from the side. Otherwise, they're as good as dead weight sadly Sad. If yo uneed something heavier for armor, try swapping the AG arms for the BABOON if you see it fit.

Good choice on the LAMIA , EN weapons are the bane of tanks, so any pulse rifle would be good (I'd prefer the LAMIA2 for DPS and low drain though). The KUJAKU will run hot on this AC, so I suggest using the G91 and maybe add a JIREN to extensions for extended EN weapon use. The G91 is good enough for the AC I believe, and will take care of any EN requirements.

If you want to keep a sustained line of laser fire, I suggest the GERYON over the GERYON3 if you want some EN weapon endurance and higher ROF. IF you plan to fire and drop for mobility and drain, then by all means stick with the G3, the speed difference is negligible though, but the drain difference will have a significant effect.

For arm weapons, I suggest having a WS lock weapon on the left to boost all the lock box in your weapon arsenal. Both backmounts are ND locks, so maybe you can switch the BX to the right arm and something with a WS lock on the left. This is essential for fighting against quick and agile opponents, but may be ignored if fighting non-OB tanks as the original purpose of this design.

Welp, see for yourself the changes Tongue
The name's in Latin, same as most of the other ACs in my garage. Tongue

Regarding the side shields, yeah, i did notice that it doesn't have that much of an effect. I'll try the suggestions later when i get home. And no to using the tank anywhere else, this AC is something i'd never consider taking out of a Battle City setting. Since i'm not much of a tank pilot, this is the only place i'm comfortable using something with treads.
LAMIA's fine. It actually has better DPS, if it weren't for the EN cost. SAISUI with G91 or FUDOH would be a better fit for all-out CQC situations with the Pulse Cannon and EO. Go JIREN if you're relying on GERYON3's power. Just a personal preference Tongue
brutal ac but dont really have much of lock box. Going up against a lightweight ac it would win in firepower but in speed it would be destoryd really easy. Get weapon with bigger lock box and what u have now. With the tanks i make is usally equip pixie 3 with bazooka for quick fire and heavy shell damage
Pixie3 and bp won't have that much of a lock box either. Also, It's already a given that any biped would pretty much have the advantage in mobility, therefore, setting up better angles, so no surprise there. It's really up to the pilot to take care of that one.

Also, I think he mentioned that this was to be used against tanks anyway, so there.

and if it were going to be used against bipeds, bp right and a handgun to the left will be standard issue. No issues.

I also go with Rick on the g91, geryon, and Jiren here. Other than that, it looks scary.
In Battle City mode, you could end up having you opponent fire from the sides and connecting. So I say, the shields are ok. But, those are most likely either LX, Geryon series or Cerberus [yum] bolts. So if it's a shield, go for energy based ones.

The BP is good on this one. If I'm not going for the insanely high defense on Obsidian Rock, I would've thrown this one in instead of a shield. If your opponent's as god damned slow as you are, you don't really need a big lock box, just good turning speed.

Due to slow speed, let's assume you'd get hit a lot. No. Let's not. YOU WILL GET HIT. Since Superbia [nice name BTW] mostly has energy weapons, you will need lots or energy. Go for Fudoh or G91, with Ananda tuned to energy to help with your generator's recovery rate. The Jiren would be great here like Leperman said.

For tunes, trade your weight tunes to cooling. It will also help out your radiator. Going overweight on a tank's not really an issue.
Your AC's tough enough and shell def tunes are just a waste on points. Tune to energy defense since these are what you always face on a Battle City match. When tuning it's best to check how much your tuning points raise a certain stat, just going half here and half there without actually checking values is a waste on points.

I like the Geryon+Lamia back weapons. They both have pink shots, whoever you're facing head-on wouldn't know which one hit them... at point blank anyway since Geryon3 has big bolts. You could put a nice spread bazooka on the right arm just to have something that could immobilize.

What Superbia lethal is the BP+Geryon+Selena combo, it's a real genbuster and ignores a heavy tank's [save Apocalypse] massive shell def.
I actually did away with the side shields already and switched out the generator. Still dunno how the revision's gonna fare in vs. Human situations though.
try natin fox minsan pag may meet
^ Oh it's on now, fox. haha
Baka tunawin lang ako ulit ng LX nito. LOL
But LAMIA and GERYON3 are no slouches in the tank-vs-tank DPS department. Tongue
(06-07-2011, 11:05 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Baka tunawin lang ako ulit ng LX nito. LOL

It's lighter and faster than Obsidian Rock. It could handle the LX. It's not like you can't dodge an LX bolt.
ok din ang tank na malaks din ung lamia in fairness especially pag nakalapit to
Bigyan mo lang ako ng pagkakataon na ihasa yung paggamit ko ng tangke tapos laban ulit tayo, tsong. Tongue
Pages: 1 2