The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: What language to learn?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of my friends wants to learn a new language during summer and wants me to accompany her. She just wants to learn a new one for the fun and "aliw" of it all.

We're both RELATIVELY Trilingual (English, Chinese, Tagalog)
Does anyone have any language suggestions?
Japanese is probably the most useful given our current interests. Kanji will be the harder part though (you could either live/stay in Japan, get some lessons in the Phil, or just do it yourself).

Not to mention there are similarities between Chinese and Japanese Kanji, which might help in some way.
Spanish is relatively easy given that many Filipino words are derived from Spanish.

It can make you sound like a Luchador/Matador or some magical combination of the two as well. :p
The most prudent choice is to just hone your Chinese. But it's not among the choices.

But a lot of this also depends on potential usefulness to you. I guess Japanese, since that'll probably be the most interesting.
Same as Nix, for functionality's sake just hone your chinese skills. I can speak Japanese a little and I still clearly see why Chinese is more useful from an everyday functional perspective.
since its a language for fun, then go with Japanese since thats where most of our hobbies lie
The most practical in my opinion would be Spanish, useful on quite a few continents. Next would be Chinese because of the proximity of the Philippines to China. Japanese is also good, but is not a prominent as it used to be in Asia.
Spanish it is! XD
It's not that hard to learn and it's quite useful IMO. BTW, Korean? O__O