The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: getting a PS3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
im planning to get one before june, but i dont know what i should be wary of. paano ba kalakaran ngayon sa ps3? san makakamura na hindi refurbished? packages? libre ba yung PSN o may subscription? ano importance nung HD space? atbp.

thanks in advance
dont buy the old 20gb 60gb models, because they are very prone permanent overkill damage.

PSN is free but not supported in the philippines, try to create a hongkong or other asian country based PSN so if you are going to buy download content it would be compatible to region 3 games which are frequently sold here.

Playstation games are currently region free, but the download content is not. so if you are going to buy a game or create a PSN account make sure they are matched

Region 1 = US
Region 3 = Asia
Region 4 = australia
Basta hindi pa nagkaka yellow light of doom okay na siguro.
From what I know Sony had already replaced the older models with newer hardware. Not sure though, so you might as well get at least the 80gb models.

Oh, and don't play too much with your PS3's HD display (720p/1080p) enabled, you might cook the whole system and screw the internal parts out. One reliable console repairman told me about owners getting YLODs too often due to the long duration they put their HD displays enabled on their PS3s without somehow making the unit out from stress. I've also seen him work a whole stack of 360s and PS3s with the same problem.

Even a car coolant didn't work against the PS3's hardware issue, one of his customers claimed. LOL
Heat is a serious issue, game loading time will be reduced to >50% after you played for an hour or more.
Just get the one with the biggest HD space if you feel like installing a lot of contents.
do i need to have an HD compliant tv, or is the standard composite tv good enough?
HD compliant TV is required, IIRC Jake had to buy one just for the PS3.
some games hurt the eyes pretty bad if played in sd(tekken ,mgs4 imho)
(02-08-2011, 09:09 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: [ -> ]HD compliant TV is required, IIRC Jake had to buy one just for the PS3.

ouch. magkano ba mura na HD TV ngayon.
you don't need hdtvs per-se. just a decent lcd monitor that supports hdmi will do. 22-24 inch ones are great. most of us here got chimei branded ones.
(02-08-2011, 10:22 AM)arch_angel Wrote: [ -> ]you don't need hdtvs per-se. just a decent lcd monitor that supports hdmi will do. 22-24 inch ones are great. most of us here got chimei branded ones.

monitor as in PC monitor? hmm...wait, malamang separate pa yung audio out ko nun.
Yes. Exactly.

But please consider that I don't watch tv. so It's fine for me to get that.
meron na kasi ako na standard na TV na binili ko nung bumili ako ng PS2. sabi naman nung isang ka-opisina ko, ok lang daw kahit wala HD yung tv.

so aside from the TV, anything else i need to know? how about where to buy it? ok na ba kung sa Data Blitz?
Other considerations: hacked or not? Do you want to play pirated games?
Will the monitor you buy have speakers? I strongly suggest using an external amp or even better, a DAC/receiver for digital audio output.
@Sforza im getting one for online play, so everything should be legit. i havent looked around for prices so i dont know if im gonna get one with speakers. im leaning to just getting a new TV instead.

@JiN im not after an extreme gaming experience for now. whats more important to me is to be able to play newer games with friends.
Pages: 1 2