The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: BRUISER, pushing the boundaries of cheapness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
yep, another Talos. this time, it's the "Bruiser" non-OB variant.

Talos "Bruiser"
theme: Bad to the Bone - George Thorogood

the prototype:

s4 (max en def)
ua (max en def)
a72f (+3 weight reduction, +7 en def)
fa (+5 weight reduction, + 5 cooling)
g78 (+10 output)
hazel (+10 cooling)
birdie2 (+4 power, +6 accell)
f73h
---
rm3
75mt
ra
bp
69h
--
--

weapon color:

bp - red
69h - yellow
75mt - green
ra - white

paint:

paint (R/G/B)

base 51, 78, 60
aid 31, 72, 56
opt 53, 64, 85
detail 172, 122, 47
joint 50, 50, 50

amino, es, kissyoh, la, l+, codon, ribose

i took my basic Talos frame and replaced some internal parts, and so i ended up with this big bruiser that can dodge at GL shot from 150 m away. this AC is all business. no fuss. no frills. just 8000+ weight points of whoopass.

it's about 1400+ points underweight. just as bad as having the tp boosters on.

LOL

pictured here is my favorite variant, the SOUTHPAW.

[Image: southpaw6.jpg]

[Image: southpaw7.jpg]
Dammit Hellraiser!

Great theme song. Smile)

I'm not sure on where to comment without breaking the design apart, I'm not used to underweighting this much. But how about TP all way?

Fun fun fun AC to play with BTW, and the colors on this thing are so yucky, they're good. Smile)
this is pretty much the only talos that stood up to daemon's cheapness. i like the rad/gen/booster. it's a combination that you don't see too often although you're gonna be in really deep shit if you're stupid enough not to take full advantage of the insane accell and get hit too much.

i'm not gonna post this on ACO yet. i'm saving this baby for the design contest.

here are some modifications:

gen - gr91 (max output) or g78 (max output, only use with the vulture2 or birdie2)
rad -ananda (max cooling)
boosters - vulture2 (+2 power, +8 accel) / birdie2 (max power) / TP (max heat reduction) LOL
extension - rm
l hanger slot - lb2 (for reach and recovery time) or elf3 (for ouchimus maximus)

there's still a lot of room left for the heavier shit like leperman's trademark rl+bp and a hangered blade. just imagine how fast this beast goes with the vulture2 on once the rest of the weapons dropped leaving the rl+blade. around 420-440ish? :bigsmile:

OR, i could just go uber-cheap with 98l+r3 or 1hp with fudoh/ananda/gull or vulture2.
yet another configuration! mwahahahaha. i call it the TROUBLEMAKER

s2 (+5 shell def, +5 en def)
ua (+5 wt reduction, +5 en def))
a72f (+4 weight reduction, +6 en def)
g91 (+10 output)
ananda (+10 cooling)
vulture2(+2 power, +4 accell, +4 heat reduction)
f73h
---
rm3
75mt
ra
bp
GRIFFON
---
or lb2 (blue)

optionals: amino, es, la, l+, codon, golgi, ribose

have fun! Smile)

EDIT: vulture2(+2 power, +4 accell, +4 heat reduction) for birdie2
I'd go with G91 + Griffon. More juice for firing, and still have some left for movement. You don't have OB anyway.

With that and the BP, you'll have a part-breaking combo that's almost impossible to dodge from medium range. And the missiles ain't that inaccurate either. Yowza.

Want even more cheese? Put HPs in them hangers. Big grin

On the Birdie2, yeah they have good acceleration, but they drain just too much for their own good. I suggest a change to the classic Vulture2, or Gull, or B81 if you're feeling adventurous.

On something of a final note, I noticed these heavies are looking more and more like each other. Care to design a heavy AC on something other than the FA? I know I'd like to see one. Tongue
"I'd go with G91 + Griffon. More juice for firing, and still have some left for movement. You don't have OB anyway."

ok. g91 with griffon and lotus without the griffon. or perhaps i'll stick with the g91 for both variants instead. hahaha.

"With that and the BP, you'll have a part-breaking combo that's almost impossible to dodge from medium range. And the missiles ain't that inaccurate either. Yowza."

and whatever the BP doesn't hit, the griffon surely will. Smile)

"Want even more cheese? Put HPs in them hangers."

i wouldn't go that far....OR WOULD I? DUNN DUNN DUNN.

"On the Birdie2, yeah they have good acceleration, but they drain just too much for their own good. I suggest a change to the classic Vulture2, or Gull, or B81 if you're feeling adventurous."

whoops! i forgot to change the birdie2 to the vulture2 actually. hehehe, my bad.

"On something of a final note, I noticed these heavies are looking more and more like each other. Care to design a heavy AC on something other than the FA? I know I'd like to see one. "

all these heavies evolved from Gaeus (see my garage), that's why the look all the same. i will try to come up with a totally new design soon. the griffon variant is a test to see if i can handle the sawa+bp ac i had planned.
UBER RUSHER "A"

ua (+4 wt reduction, +3 solid def, +3 en def)
a72f (+3 weight reduction, +7 accuracy)
g91 (+10 output)
ananda (+10 cooling)
f73h
---
rm
nymphe (green)
ra (white)
bp (green)
1hp (white)
---
lb2 (blue)

amino, es, la, l+, codon, primer, ribose
Everything on it's pretty top-tier. Yeah this latest version does look final to me. Good job.

EDIT - You might wanna throw in the MEDUSA, although that's really up to you.
this thing is morbidly underweight that it responds like a middleweight. no need for deeks. and besides, the UA does the job good enough. Big grin
Fight vid: <a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v-tPPsEJzE' target='_blank'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v-tPPsEJzE</a>

Finally, my promise fulfilled Smile)

Its the one with the GRIFFON, am I using it right?
you guys are the best. *hugs j00*

Big grin
OH NOES! ANOTHER ONE! Smile) Smile) Smile)

SOUTHPAW

ua (+5 wt reduction, +5 en def))
a72f (+4 weight reduction, +6 en def)
g91 (+10 output)
ananda (+10 cooling)
f73h
---
rm3
nymphe (green)
ra (white)
rl (green)
rla (green)
---
---

amino, es, kissyoh, la, l+, codon, ribose
Coincidentaly, I have a design that closely resembles SOUTHPAW's weapon system which I intended to replace Archer with, except it has the SELENA for added close range support. I'll post the build after today's events Big grin
it's been at least more than a week now. where the flying frack is it? Tongue

anyway,

RLA+NYMPHE+RM3 = orgasmic. Big grin
anyway, i fooled around with the futen en shield this afternoon so i came up with this:

BARELY LEGAL Big grin

ua (+4 wt reduction, +3 solid def, +3 en def)
a72f (+3 weight reduction, +7 accuracy)
g91 (+10 output)
ananda (+10 cooling)
f73h
---
rm3
nymphe (green)
ra (white)
bp (green)
futen (black)
---
69h (green) <----just in case i want to change tactics.

amino, es, la, l+, codon, marishi, and those two optionals that improve en shield coverage and en consumption.

grim was right, i kept the futen on the entire match against my favorite test dummy, BOLT LOL. i never had energy problems, even if i tried. this big hunk of metal already has 5000+ surplus en that the g91 refreshes quick like it was the CGP-ROZ, hahaha!
Pages: 1 2