The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: need a way to put money into paypal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i need to send money to a friend of mine so he can order me some webcomics that arent shipped internationally/US shipping only. he has a paypal account.

im willing to create a paypal account but i dont know how i can get money in there aside from linking it to a bank account/credit card. the bank account i currently have is a joint account with my mother and i dont want to link it to anything online. so yeah, anyone know of alternatives? im hoping to set this up ASAP since id like to get take advantage of xmas promos and stuff.

a co-worker suggested i get an E-ON account with Unionbank. its a Visa Electron debit card, no maintaining balance and stuff. so i can just put money in when i need to pay for something online. not sure how long it'll take to apply and get one tho. does anyone have this? any feedback?

many thanks in advance.

Get Visa Mastercard thingy? O__O
I used to work for PayPal North America until a year and a half ago. AFAIK, PayPal Philippines can only accept bank accounts. Plus, not all banks are accepted by them. Dunno if they changed their policy by now though.
You might ask if you can send the money via remittance (Western Union) OR have someone charge your PayPal account via CC (MasterCard).
(12-25-2010, 08:53 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: [ -> ]You might ask if you can send the money via remittance (Western Union) OR have someone charge your PayPal account via CC (MasterCard).

another officemate said Western Union fees depends on the amount being sent. im gonna be sending at least 5k so the fees can go from 500 and up ~.~ as for having someone else charge it, ive thought about it, but its like with the steam purchase thing, no one i know seems willing to help out Sad

guess i'll inquire about the E-ON thing at the bank on tuesday. even if it turns out well, with the holidays and all, i have a feeling it might take a week or two before i get a card. just hope the sales are still around (konti lang budget nung kaibigan ko, so hindi nya kaya abonohan yung mga ipapabili ko ~.~)