The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: LR: Pillager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Done out of boredom, a heatless OB tank.

Head: CR-H05XS-EYE3
Core: RAKAN
Arms: CR-A72F
Legs: CR-LHT92
Booster: -
FCS: MONJU
Generator: FUDOH
Radiator: FURUNA
Inside: I05D-MEDUSA
Extension: E02RM-GAR
Back Unit R: WB05M-SATYUROS
Back Unit L: CR-WB78GL
Arm Unit R: WR06H-GHOST2
Arm Unit L: WL07H-MIST

Optionals: O01-AMINO, CR-O69ES, CR-O69SS, KISSYOH, CR-O79L+, O03-CODON, O08-RIBOSE, CR-O86R+, MARISHI

This thing is slower and weaker than I'd like, i'll need suggestions to improve this design as I'm inexperienced with tanks. Would like to keep the heatless OB though.
No need to go overboard with the FURUNA, your design can survive with the ANANDA while saving on weight and EN drain. Just be careful of OB start-ups and make sure you're not boosting at the same time. :p

The RAKAN's OB is slower than I like for a tank, so I suggest the EOS core and practice short OB bursts for this design.

I have a similar design that I use against people when I can. Maybe RR members who have faced it can give some feedback on this as well?
(11-04-2010, 07:36 AM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: [ -> ]No need to go overboard with the FURUNA, your design can survive with the ANANDA while saving on weight and EN drain.

I'll try that, although that is the selling point on this rig... Roll eyes

Edit: Build works well enough with ANANDA.
A major contributor to your heat issue is the booster on the LHT, not that it isn't workable. But you can try BOAR or underweighted BOAR2 for something somewhat cooler.
(11-04-2010, 01:40 PM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]A major contributor to your heat issue is the booster on the LHT, not that it isn't workable. But you can try BOAR or underweighted BOAR2 for something somewhat cooler.

Could someone post a screenshot of the BOAR2 legs? My ps2 is currently out of comission Sad
[Image: ep1RQ.jpg]
gaaah GOJIRA!!
Thanks! Looks dope.
I'm with NiX on this one, Boar and Boar2 are real good choices.
Tanks in Last Raven can be rather easy to make, because they're pretty standard issue. Your bread and butter will be EOS core and Boar2 legs with G91 and Ananda. You then supplement that with choice of back cannon/cannons and arm guns.

Since your original designed incorporated a lightweight core and legs, I'll try to keep it true to its intent while giving the most solid of PvP oriented advice:

Eye3
/UL2
FG
Boar2
-
F73H
G91
Ananda
Medusa
Jiren
LGL
GL
Ghost2
HP
Wraith
Wraith

UL2 will probably provide your best match for lightweight OB core as far as tanks are concerned. It won't heat you up too much on the OB front, even when in the yellow. It has your hangars, and provides an excellent ap/weight ratio as far as OB cores are concerned. /UL is more geared towards super aggressive lightweight bipeds, while Helios and Rakan just don't provide the amount of shell and ap required for a tank.

72F is unneeded weight, FG will suffice.

Boar2 is standard issue, and is the best tank set in the game.

G91/Ananda/Medusa is standard issue for tanks too, as well as Jiren.

No need for missiles on the tank. LGL does what missiles do , but better. (with the exception of MV) If you give LGL the luxury of being able to be fired while in the air on a decently mobile tank, it becomes a very strong pressure weapon at multiple ranges-- way better than the middle missiles.. Spam it all you want

With hangars, you can sub that godawful mist left gun for the HP, which will buff your lockbox and provide insane amounts of damage racing potential for close quarters thwarting in conjunction with the Ghost2. With hangars you're safe on the ammo front and can spam them out whenever the opponent comes in.

That's your standard tank (with a bit of lightweight twist) To make a good tank in last raven, you have to design it as a fake quad. In other words, it would have all of the same design philosophies as a quad, but use tank legs instead. Being able to control range is the single most important factor for tanks, so you usually see them with a cqc combo designed to slow down pressure play, and long range pressure play to assure they can't comfortably play it safe on you from range.

(11-12-2010, 09:41 AM)your mom Wrote: [ -> ]Eye3
/UL2
FG
Boar2
-
F73H
G91
Ananda
Medusa
Jiren
LGL
GL
Ghost2
HP
Wraith
Wraith

I'll give this thing a whirl then, thanks for the advice people! We're not worthy