The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: NU 107.5 is Closing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Damn it Sad

http://ph.yfittopostblog.com/2010/11/01/...off-at-17/

Quote:It’s final.

Last Friday’s NU107 Rock Awards held at the NBC Tent in Taguig was its swan song, thus ending 17 years of giving recognition to the country’s most talented rock musicians.

In effect, it also confirmed loose talk that NU’s modern rock format will be dumped very soon.

At the close of the four-hour show, NU DJs from various phases of the station’s distinguished 23-year history gathered onstage to toast a boisterous crowd of 3,000 fans and guests.

An impromptu eulogy delivered by DJ Francis Brew (a.k.a. The Dawn’s former guitarist Francis Reyes) was peppered by exhortations to the young generation of musicians to keep on making music, ending on a hopeful note that Pinoy rock will live on forever.
It was a fitting goodbye to the 17th Rock Awards which saw two upstart bands garnering major citations for their debuts the past year. Four-man group Franco won the Artist of the Year, Album of the Year, and Song of the Year honors plus NU Listener’s Choice award.

Eight-piece pop-rockers Tanya Markova took home the Best New Artist, Best Live Act and Best Video plaques

http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/ente...-for-NU107
Now that's just really depressing, as NU was the only station i ever listened to if ever the FM was on. Tears
Medyo payag ako, para naman mabawasan yung mga pa-heavy heavy metal dyan na kumalat na parang sakit LOL

Quote:Wow pare banda ka? JAMMING TAYO! :Facepalm:
Wow pare maka wolfgang ka? PAREHAS TAYO! :Glare:
Wow pare nasa abroad ka pala... PABILI NG IBANEZ PAG UWI MO! :Nono:
(11-02-2010, 08:47 AM)J.E_Magog Wrote: [ -> ]Medyo payag ako, para naman mabawasan yung mga pa-heavy heavy metal dyan na kumalat na parang sakit LOL

Quote:Wow pare banda ka? JAMMING TAYO! :Facepalm:
Wow pare maka wolfgang ka? PAREHAS TAYO! :Glare:
Wow pare nasa abroad ka pala... PABILI NG IBANEZ PAG UWI MO! :Nono:

^ this was admittedly... LOL

Ilang beses ko na narinig yung jamming tayo
"21 years of rocking you for real, NU 107, signing off."

NOOOO Sad Sad Sad
Quote:Medyo payag ako, para naman mabawasan yung mga pa-heavy heavy metal dyan na kumalat na parang sakit Laughing

...except that they're going to replace the lineup with something even worse.

More details on why they're closing:

http://technogra.ph/2010/10/28/rumor-of-...by-google/

Quote:Good morning guys! This is jaeDee the NewsGoose with some shocking news for rock fans in Metro Manila…

The one and only rock station in town – NU107, The Home of NU Rock – will soon be the Home of NO ROCK!

That’s right, I’ve received information from three reliable sources, all part of NU107′s inner circle, that the radio station will finally say goodbye to it’s rock image and shift to a ‘masa’ pop sound under new management.

Just when you thought the masa couldn't give you any more reason to hate them, this happens. The next time people ask me to be prouder of my heritage, I will ask them if this turn of events is anything to be proud of...intentionally replacing decent music with retard music.

No more rockathon?! T___T

I listen to NU because it's less talk more music. Oh... and they play nice music. Unlike some stations I know that play mainstream music over and over again.

We've got enough "Pang-masa" stations already. =__=
And there goes another plausibly sane block of our nation. Gone with the wind.

Para lang makarinig ng feeling-DJ remix ng mga tugtog na catchy na sana, meron lang nakikisabat na "Ay, amboooot!" or "Too-too toot!" -__-. I'm sure Mark knows what I'm talking about LOL
I was never really into the genre of music that they played but I did appreciate that they tried to cater to a very specific niche for as long as they did. But business is business. And sometimes, you just have to sell out.
(11-03-2010, 04:33 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: [ -> ]And there goes another plausibly sane block of our nation. Gone with the wind.

Para lang makarinig ng feeling-DJ remix ng mga tugtog na catchy na sana, meron lang nakikisabat na "Ay, amboooot!" or "Too-too toot!" -__-. I'm sure Mark knows what I'm talking about LOL

Brownie.. lololol
[Image: tumblr_lb9rpcZXl81qabgeeo1_r1_500.jpg]
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Sad

Sorry, couldn't resist
Tangina, it's a literal swansong.
Quote:But business is business. And sometimes, you just have to sell out.

Won't stop me from saying FUCK YOU to the retarded community whose majority decision we have to live with.

Well, it's the last day.

I switched the radio on this morning and heard the E-heads going, " hey, hey, hey, umuwi na tayo, dahil wala ng sense ang ating mundo..."

The stuff they've been playing for the past few days has been great, even on all-request weekend.

Edit: ...And followed by Sinead O'Connor's "Last Day Of Our Acquaintance"! Yep, it's on purpose. Sad
Pages: 1 2