The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: left hand style mini FAQ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Left Hand Style Mini FAQ</span>
by AEA1

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Entry Competencies</span>
The reader must have at least a basic understanding of AC gameplay and mechanics. The reader must also possess at least a fair grasp on AC tactics and strategies.

---

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Left Hand Style</span>
A left handed AC is one who uses the left hand as the main weapon as opposed to the traditional Right hand. The premise is that you could use a direct fire left hand weapon in conjunction with an indirect fire back weapon i.e. missiles.
The result is an unorthodox attack pattern where the opponent has to deal with direct and indirect fire at the same time.

---

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>The Frame</span>
A left handed AC relies on pressure tactics and confusion to kill of his opponent. Speed is a necessity to chase down your opponent. In this light, a left hand style AC is almost always a light or light-mid weight. If you think your frame is fast enough using regular boost. An EO core is an available choice to add more pressure to your game. Just remember to keep close and try to out maneuver your opponent. remember that EO accuracy has been reduced in the later incarnations of AC

---

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>The Weapons</span>

Left Hand weapon choices
Examples of weapon choices for the left hand style

Rifles-a constant rain of bullets in addition to being bombarded with missile salvos every 2 seconds

R3-light, moderate damage
Hiten-good shot velocity
Gast-ample ammo stores and good damage

Snipers-only 2 viable choices- press left hand attack button a split second before launching the missiles. The bullet and the missiles will hit the target at roughly the same time. A blanket of missiles to hide the actual attack.

Golem-good solid sniper
Griffon-good energy
Very interesting. I guess you've been thinking about this for quite some time eh? <a href='http://ravenrepublic.net/index.php?showtopic=233&view=findpost&p=4737284' target='_blank'>That discussion</a> in Tim's thread sparked this up in my mind too. Pinned.
I'd just like to point out that a left-handed AC doesn't have to be inflexible. In fact, the techniques discussed here don't even have to apply to left-handed ACs only. These techniques can apply to any AC that has a gun for the left hand.

Example:

Arm R: RL
Arm L: Gorgon
Back R: Nymphe

An AC equipped with such weapons can continuously fire the GORGON whether it is using the RL or the Nymphe.

The bottom line is this: Whether an AC is using the Right arm weapon or the back weapon, the left hand weapon can still be used because in the NX series (unlike SL), left hand weapons already have an independent lock.