The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Catherine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This game has been getting a lot of media attention lately, mostly due to its adult orientation.

Destructoid Wrote:Director/Producer Katsura Hashino said that he and the team "wanted to try something different" for their first HD outing, before going with a "mainline" RPG, and that the results they got were "quite interesting". They're aiming to provide a deep experience with lots of play for gamers to get into, while feeling new and interesting.

Character Designer/Art Director Shigenori Soejima said that Catherine provided the opportunity for the team to try things they wouldn't otherwise dare, as well as enabling them to do things that are definitely more adult-oriented, with more "daring and audacious" visuals as well as some "shocking" scenes.

Composer/Sound Director Shouji Meguro, aside from providing helpful keywords for the game's music ("classic", "adult", and "erotic"), noted that when he answered questions with "I'm working on a game that's not an RPG", he was referring to Catherine. He joked that perhaps once this project was done, he'd be able to respond with "I'm working on a game that's an RPG".

andriasang Wrote:The footage begins with main character Vincent asking someone if they've seen a dream where you die -- that is, a dream where you are killed. The person he's talking to responds, "No. But I have seen a dream where I kill someone." This seems to creep Vincent out.

After our first lamb goes splat, we hear a news report about a gruesome death of a young man. Famitsu had screens of this. The magazine said that there could be a relation with Vincent's dreams, as there's apparently a rumor that if you fall in your dream and don't wake up, you'll end up dying in real life.

Catherine, described in the trailer as a "Mysterious Woman," makes her appearance midway through the trailer and asks Vincent if he likes what he sees. During a bed scene, we hear her telling Vincent to do with her as he pleases.

And then the Japanese hip hop starts...

Pictures and descriptions of the interesting backstory abound in the links.

andriasang:
1 | 2 | 3

Destructoid:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
haha. I've also been following the developments of this. So getting it.
I'm gonna get this one! Don't care who's going to watch, I'd still play it.

He looks a lot like Spike btw. LOL
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/02/19...laid-bare/

rumor has it that the game is hard (on easy mode)
So far I've only played the demo and it wasn't stupidly as easy as I thought. Levels can be frustrating if you're not quick and calm enough on your reflexes and wits. I've read that on higher difficulties, levels have much shorter time limits, although they're still doable of course.
(03-01-2011, 07:23 PM)atdsutm Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/03/01...after-all/

Hype +90