The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Gift suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of my buddies in high school made me the godfather for his first kid. Said kid's birthday is this weekend but i have aboslutely no idea what to get him? Can you guys suggest anything that i could give a two year-old toddler? Budget is around a thousand pesos, give or take a couple hundred.
imho just give stuff that the kid ACTUALLY needs (clothes, milk bottles, cute little shoes) or whatever. toys are not needed right now. If it will indeed be clothes, better get some that are a bit bigger so that they could be used longer.
Would it be acceptable if i just gave cash if i wasn't able to buy anything?
Well for a 2 year old kid, I don't think would like cash =)). Anyway go with teeny little shoes, thats always cute Tongue
How about some nice jammies? Shades

[Image: turkey_baby_costume.jpg]

[Image: alien_chicken_baby_costume.jpg]
Ummm, thanks for the suggestion, Skies, but definitely no. I think i'll just get the kid something safe, something that won't traumatize him this early in life. LOL
(07-23-2010, 08:21 PM)Twin-Skies Wrote: [ -> ]How about some nice jammies? Shades

[Image: turkey_baby_costume.jpg]

[Image: alien_chicken_baby_costume.jpg]

LOL the WTF!? faces on the children are priceless. Especially the 2nd one. Perfect! LOL

Uh, clothes would be good but that would take a lot of effort, etc, so maybe some cute baby clothestuff, or necessities which your friend might overlook, are good enough. Baby beanies are cute too.
Yeah, clothes are probably your safest bet right now.
Thank you all for the suggestion, regardless of whether it was serious or in jest. I decided to get my godchild a set of picture books but the books alone seemed a bit sparse so i threw in a set of blocks as well for the kid to play with.

In retaliation, his dad brought out a bottle of Hennessy Pure White later. That combined with the beer we were already getting legless on, i guess it's safe to say that the results were... well, kinda epic. Blink
get him some mickey mouse bonnet Big grin or some cute little shades like baby james yap wore on his uncle's doodah
Dang. Too late to suggest a cake then Sad

[Image: il_430xN.80178111.jpg]

[Image: 129208231202992263.jpg]
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ZgHWDHP-eM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ZgHWDHP-eM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>