The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Investigative Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There are three things that make 3rd year what they call "when everything happens all in the same time"

Prom, Days and IP.

And well...Investigative project is known to deprive many of sleep.
To avoid that - start early.

2nd quarter's research, 3rd is actual experimentation and 4th is compilation etc. etc.

Since it's just 1st quarter atm, we need a research proposal to pass in.

We so far have these that passed me:
-Eco-friendly anti-pest products
-Recycled alternate fuel source
-A cheaper low/non-toxicity plastic

Does anyone have any ideas I can research on while it's still early?
Notes on a proposal:
-We're not allowed to experiment on animals
-Our budget's 500php
-It has to help humanity somehow
-It should last us for around 40-50 pages worth of paperwork

Not hoping that we get into the top 10 and go to the Science Congress and defend our project there...I'm just hoping to at least get an above average grade.

Random examples:
Several years ago, a research group created bathroom floor tiles with the use of plastic bottle caps.

Another group recently, created some kind of concrete mix with the use of the residue found after burning coal.

RUMOR: A group discovered a cure for something they discovered during their 2nd year investigative project X__x

Just keep pitchin' ideas. I'll check if it's doable myself.
The budget is your biggest limiter here, I think. But here, think about researching for these:

1. A safer, cleaner way to rid of e-waste
2. Ways on how to effectively clean the air
3. Something that dissolves plastic safely (a long shot, but hey)
Just another suggestion

- A non-chemical solution to make dirty water potable (a Japanese team was able to do this using a high pressure water pump I think)
~for the pest control bit research on what farmers already do. Introduce the pest's natural enemies into the area. Of course proper research should come in first as you should consider what other ramifications this introduction would do.

a good example of this is the introduction of ladybugs when you have an aphid infestation.

Of course this is not a product per-se but I do believe it fits the bill right?

~the engine that uses used cooking oil would be a good starter for your article in recycled fuel sources, but the problem with it would be the smell and the fact that it would fail if it caught on ( supply and demand ).

~I've seen an article on the Discovery Channel about a plastic eating bacteria but last time I've heard it was still in the experimental stage ... and its made in japan XD.

anyway using an alternative (like wood or something) should also be considered as for me see it plastic would still be plastic.
(06-21-2010, 07:09 PM)HayWire Wrote: [ -> ]We so far have these that passed me:
-Eco-friendly anti-pest products
-Recycled alternate fuel source
-A cheaper low/non-toxicity plastic

Does anyone have any ideas I can research on while it's still early?
Notes on a proposal:
-We're not allowed to experiment on animals
-Our budget's 500php
-It has to help humanity somehow
-It should last us for around 40-50 pages worth of paperwork

1. Research for biodegradeble, non persistent pesticides. How wide is the category of "animal" in your project? As this may be difficult to carry out without killing things.

2. Methane is a clean burning fuel that can be generated from the decomposition of organic wastes, these being foods, garden wastes, manure, etc. You get the idea.

3. Chitin or cellulose as CZ suggested, the only problems would be that there are no established methods of synthesis and their difficulty of breaking down (which is actually a good thing if you want durability).
[Propaganda]
LOL!!!!! two LOLs in one!

Cannabis as repellent and pesticide
http://www.druglibrary.net/olsen/HEMP/IHA/jiha4210.html

HEMP FUEL!!!! **HIGH PRIORITY**
highest source of ethanol compared to corn, sugar *insert other sources*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6cKjdIej04

HEMP PLASTICS!!!!!!
100% biodegradable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XRP4a4at...re=related

~~~Controversy. ~~~

Tribal' Filipino mind. High school. Education. Religious 'Prescriptions'. Doctrines.
In short... i think you'll blow their minds....PROBLEM IS.....the experiments.

so i guess you can't use what i suggested.
unless you justify that due to the 'stupid shitfuck drug laws' in this country. patterned after the 'shifuck dumb wtf' drug laws in the US, said experiment can't be done.

So uh....what can you get out of WTF i said?

Simple. High school students are oblivious to this plant that has so many uses that talking about saving environment, sustainable living, organic farming without considering the option of using HEMP..is BULLSHITWT~FAILDUCATION.

We are an AGRICULTURAL NATION. HEMP IS A WONDERFUL AGRICULTURAL CROP. *insert negative comments about pinoy mentality*

[/Propaganda]
Regarding animal experimentation - bugs are allowed I think - as long as we caught them ourselves ~_~
(If it's cockroaches my group mates will panic if they escape XD )

Other animals wouldn't be allowed coz I think it'll end up going way over budget
(06-22-2010, 04:23 AM)Hempire Wrote: [ -> ]We are an AGRICULTURAL NATION. HEMP IS A WONDERFUL AGRICULTURAL CROP. *insert negative comments about pinoy mentality*

Although, if I had a perfectly good crop of hemp, why would I bother experimenting on it? LOL
*insert long rant that got deleted because of shit sony browser and pressing shift+backspace = delete all.....
should have stucked to typing in small caps and in short burst of sentences.... =/

why experiment with hemp?
[MAX POTENTIAL the MANY USES]
........FFFFFF-

...we need 25 topic proposals by monday ._. *only found out today*
(06-25-2010, 07:13 PM)HayWire Wrote: [ -> ]........FFFFFF-

The solution is staring you in the face Crazy

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
lol you can make full use of the MINDBLOWN thread!

anyway just ask us if we can help with anything RR's got your back!
(06-25-2010, 08:41 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2010, 07:13 PM)HayWire Wrote: [ -> ]........FFFFFF-

The solution is staring you in the face Crazy

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]

Shock
^ I'm pretty sure we're not allowed to experiment with that LOL

What we have so far:
recycled alternate cooking fuel (It can't be methane...too dangerous according to my groupies <.< )
a chemical to dissolve styro safely (Coz I hate styro <.< )
small scale Hydrogen battery (Coz there aren't any <.< )
eco-friendly pest product
cheap non-toxic plastic
used tea-leaf perfume <<< from my most face-palmmable group mate

I need some info regarding Solar power and how to harness it...It'll be interesting if there was a way to make "Lunar Power"...omg immortal power as long as you're outdoors <.<

I also need info on batteries (what they're made of, what makes them work, what's needed, etc. etc.)

Also need some info on your favorite fruits and veggies Big grin (I'm serious T_T )
research solar sails and the plans NASA has on that orbital solar plant that would transmit the gathered power as microwaves.

for something more down how about that Philippine made solar car.

I don't know about the lunar power bit cause its just residual solar rays that bounces of the moon, not much to harvest in the first place XD.
Pages: 1 2