The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Figmas, Nendoroids and Revoltech
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Revoltech line started mostly with Mecha but started shifting most of their releases to humanoid designs when the Robot Damashii series started to steal some of it's thunder. Figma was released as more or less a counterpart to Revoltech that focuses on (mostly female) anime and game characters. Nendoroids are basically SD versions of Figmas. As opposed to larger and more detail-intensive 1/10 to 1/6 scale PVC and resin figures, these are cheaper and much more poseable while still retaining a respectable amount of detail.

I know a few members (Sforza, Trace-02, Immaterial, etc) here also have some of these figures. Feel free to post I'll post pics if you have some of your own. I'll upload mine later.

I'm intending this to be a general thread for these kinds of collectibles, either news on upcoming releases, reviews or just plain pictures. For now, here's some dirt on some new Revoltechs which should be released soon (tomorrow IIRC) - Vash and Wolfwood from Trigun.
Yeah I've been viewing those last night. The blast effects really works, they don't look like blobs of clear plastic.
Haha!

As one who now prefers poseable/articulated stuff over static stuff, here some observations I made with Figma and Revoltech.

Revoltech works better with mecha, really as their humanoids are not that perfect yet, well, the females anyhow. I guess its with the way their signature joint is designed or its a matter of QC issues. :p

Figmas are really for the female characters. Often good QC, nice accessories but can be a bit more fragile than Revoltech. :p
Just uploading some pics of the Revoltech Date Masamune i got a couple of months ago. Pretty happy with the figure as it's poseability is really good, with the exception of the simple swivel joints on the hips, and the number of accessories (read: swords) is ridiculous. The photos were taken to test some new equipment i got yesterday but i think i'll be using this thread to post pics of my non-mech figures.

[Image: Masamune01.jpg]

More pics inside the spoilers.

[Image: Masamune02.jpg]

[Image: Masamune03.jpg]

[Image: Masamune04.jpg]

[Image: Masamune05.jpg]

[Image: Masamune06.jpg]

[Image: Masamune07.jpg]

[Image: Masamune08.jpg]

[Image: Masamune09.jpg]

[Image: Masamune10.jpg]

[Image: Masamune12.jpg]

[Image: Masamune13.jpg]

[Image: Masamune14.jpg]

[Image: Masamune15.jpg]

[Image: Masamune18.jpg]

[Image: Masamune19.jpg]

[Image: Masamune20.jpg]

[Image: Masamune21.jpg]

[Image: Masamune22.jpg]

[Image: Masamune23.jpg]

[Image: Masamune24.jpg]

[Image: Masamune25.jpg]

[Image: Masamune26.jpg]

[Image: Masamune27.jpg]

[Image: Masamune28.jpg]

[Image: Masamune29.jpg]

bat me plastic bag na naka dikit sa paa nya?
@clonezero
It's an effects base that doubles as a stabilizing stand. Without it, a lot of those pictures would've featured Masamune tipping over.

Since i'm having way too much fun with my new lighting rig, here's another set of pics. This time, it's Kagami Hiragi (unwittingly) cosplaying as Miku Hatsune, in that segment from the Lucky Star OVA.

[Image: Kagamiku01.jpg]

More pictures inside the spoilers.

[Image: Kagamiku00.jpg]

[Image: Kagamiku02.jpg]

[Image: Kagamiku03.jpg]

[Image: Kagamiku04.jpg]

[Image: Kagamiku05.jpg]

[Image: Kagamiku06.jpg]

[Image: Kagamiku07.jpg]

[Image: Kagamiku08.jpg]

[Image: Kagamiku09.jpg]

[Image: Kagamiku10.jpg]

[Image: Kagamiku11.jpg]

[Image: Kagamiku12.jpg]

How does your lighting rig look like? How is it set up? Tongue
Well, i guess calling it a rig might be a bit of a stretch. More like a setup only at the moment. It currently looks like this:

[Image: setup00.jpg]

Almost the same as what i've been using for most of my previous pics - a desk lamp overlooking a sheet of cartolina lightly sprayed with aerosol paint, only this time with more lights. What i've really been thinking was to build a frame or photo booth where i can mount lights on the sides and on top so that the figure/plamo is fully covered from all directions, with sheets of garlic paper or wax paper in front of the lights to help diffuse them a bit. As it is, i've yet to venture into the bodega in the back to look for materials.
Oh thanks~ interesting Big grin Where did you get the lights?

Edit: That's a really happy looking new smiley o.o
I got them at some random stall in 168 Mall for php110 each. The original price was for php150 each but i was able to haggle it down.
Come April this year, Jehuty looks to be joining the Revoltech lineup. Hopefully, Anubis follows as well Clapping

http://www.gundammodelkits.com/revoltech...eview.html
Now there's one sexy mech. Drool
It actually gets better. Guess who's coming to town soon? Tongue

http://reggiocomics.blogspot.com/2011/01...rk-vi.html

[Image: 00iron-man-vs-predator-revoltech-400.jpg]
[Image: th_babyrazz03.jpg][Image: th_babyrazz02.jpg][Image: th_babyrazz04.jpg]

Jan Jan~ Baby Razz~! XD
Nice!
Pages: 1 2