The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: NX-LR: Type A or Type B
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
NiX Edit: Since Ravenflau's thread in the designs section was running way off topic, I decided to split it into another topic.

In this thread, we discuss the control scheme you're using and why you use it.

-------
Jonevangelist's post:

<!--QuoteBegin-ravenflau09+Dec 11 2006, 09:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ravenflau09 @ Dec 11 2006, 09:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> dang,i suck at using left unit guns... [/quote:454aa8ceb8]
modify mo yung left arm button kung saan madaling pindutin.
If you're having trouble with left hand guns, try switching your circle and triangle buttons.

Make triangle the button for your left hand and make circle the button for your weapon-changing.

That way, you can hit both square and triangle with the tip of your thumb! Big grin
actually i use my own controls

left analog-movements
right analog camera views
R1-shoot R arm
R2-left arm
L1 -boost
L2-change weapon
R3-OB/EO
L3-none
square-inside
X-reset camera view
O-extension
triangle-disarm weapon

i've been using this controls ever since Nexus,since im good at blades,i applied the controls from Gundam:project pegasus to here Clapping try it
<!--QuoteBegin-ravenflau09+Dec 11 2006, 12:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ravenflau09 @ Dec 11 2006, 12:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> actually i use my own controls

left analog-movements
right analog camera views
R1-shoot R arm
R2-left arm
L1 -boost
L2-change weapon
R3-OB/EO
L3-none
square-inside
X-reset camera view
O-extension
triangle-disarm weapon

i've been using this controls ever since Nexus,since im good at blades,i applied the controls from Gundam:project pegasus to here Clapping try it [/quote:4db110a077]
DUUUUUUDE! were using the same contols!!!!! Bang bang
except for the xtensions, mine remains in L3. X= inside, []= camera reset.
wow,i thought nobody uses this controls LOL
<_< Meh. Type A folks have all the advantages. And I'm pretty bitter about it. Hahah anyway I'm happy with my Type B. Tongue
i never used the type B yet,at the MOA to where the type A was born,i only use similar controls,back then,my camera view was square,circle,X and triangle and i laughed at myself because i thought it was kinda dumb LOL
<!--QuoteBegin-NiX+Dec 11 2006, 03:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NiX @ Dec 11 2006, 03:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <_< Meh. Type A folks have all the advantages. And I'm pretty bitter about it. Hahah anyway I'm happy with my Type B. Tongue [/quote:90445b78e9]
I think Flying, strafing and blading is better in type B. Type A resembles a first person shooter controls, so its all about shooting. off topic Ninja
<!--QuoteBegin-jonevangelist+Dec 11 2006, 08:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jonevangelist @ Dec 11 2006, 08:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-NiX+Dec 11 2006, 03:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NiX @ Dec 11 2006, 03:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <_< Meh. Type A folks have all the advantages. And I'm pretty bitter about it. Hahah anyway I'm happy with my Type B. Tongue [/quote:4d1d4fa896]
I think Flying, strafing and blading is better in type B. Type A resembles a first person shooter controls, so its all about shooting. off topic Ninja [/quote:4d1d4fa896]
Definitely agree with jonevangelist here. As a player weaned on Type A controls, and having experienced Type B for myself in the older days as well as in SL, I can say that Type B has the advantage of easier dodging. Lol just go crazy on the L1 and R1 buttons and there you go. Trying to replicate that kind of movement on Type A will break your thumbs. Believe me, I tried it for a while and it can't last too long; it gets too tiring to hold the controller.

Type A has the advantage in targeting, OB and inside weapons. In everything else I think Type B has the upper hand.
actually,in my type of controls,it's easier to manuever and blade and definitely not the go crazy left and right thing.but when it comes to smooth turns and futuristic plays,this is the bomb Clapping
Im a strict Type A user because I have much experience with first person shooters. I find my play has improves since NX, when i first started using these controls. I have tried using Type B again, and I cant readjust because i nearly lost my mind trying to work things out with those controls lol.

Type A 4 Lyfe Tongue
I'm a Type B player because this is the control scheme I've been using since AC1 and I'm just too used to it.

I did try getting into Type A but it was just totally weird for me! Hahah. And I suck at console FPSs anyway.

Aside from having that stupid reload time for my inside parts, Type B has served me well particularly for twitch-dodging.

I have no problem firing left hand guns because I use my right index finger to hit the circle button, while my right middle finger taps on either R1 or R2. Serious dexterity, I know. Tongue
ako ginagamit ko custom type B lng

DPad - Movement's
R1- strafe right
R2- look down (instead of look up)
L1 - strafe left
L2- look up (instead of look up)
R3-OB/EO
L3-Extension
square - R-Arm
X - Boost
O - L-Arm
triangle - Change Weapon
Just cuz I wanna, I will post up my button setup:

Left Analog - forward, backward, left, right (movement)
Right Analog - turn left and right
R1 - Right Arm
R2 - Left Arm
L1 - Boost
L2 - lockbox reset
Triangle - change weapon
square - inside
circle + weapon - drop
X - no use/i dunno (Tongue)
L3 - extension
R3 - EO/OB
I use a B Custom...
L1,L2 - Look Up/Down
R1,R2 - Move Right/Left
L3 - OB/EO
R3 - Extensions
Cross - Secondary Weapon/Event
Circle - Boost

I use these controls because I'm a purely right handed person...
And my left arm's reaction time isn't that sharp...
Pages: 1 2 3 4