The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: AC:LR Meteor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
-----INFO-----

Pilot Name: Ryuusei
AC Name: Meteor

[Image: meteorblackpaintview2.jpg][Image: meteorwhitepaintview2.jpg]

-----PARTS-----

Head: CR-H06XS-EYE4
Core: CR-C98E2
Arms: A06-GIBBON2
Legs: CR-LH89F

Booster: B01-BIRDIE
FCS: MIROKU / MONJU
Generator: CR-G91
Radiator: ANANDA

Inside: NONE
Extension: NONE

Back Unit R: WB31B-PEGASUS ADD BOOSTER
Back Unit L: WB31B-PEGASUS ADD BOOSTER
Arm Unit R: WH04HL-KRSW HI LASER RIFLE
Arm Unit L: CR-WL69LB LASER BLADE

Arm Unit R Hanger: NONE
Arm Unit L Hanger: NONE

Optionals: O01-ANIMO, CR-O69ES, CR-O79L+, O03-CODON, O04-GOLGI, O06-PHAGE,
MARISHI,

-----TUNES-----

Up to you.

-----STRATEGIES & BATTLE INFO-----

Ok, let's face it. This AC is illegal in tournament play, due to the PEGASUS, although it's hardly broke in it's current state.
As I said before, this AC is based on the frame that the Main Protagonist in the AC:SL intro FMV uses, simply that I beefed it up and made it usable.

This is also one of the main ACs in my fan-fic, so I'd appreciate if you told me which paint scheme looks better.

This AC's boost system allows it to dodge a lot of things when staying at medium range, while pumelling it's foe with the KRSW. Meteor's EO should be used ONLY when the opponent gets in close range, cause as we all know, 98E2 tends to be inaccurate at anything other than close range.

The one thing that might piss you off is that the AC is a bit slow for it's class. (around 405 speed if you use correct tunes)

So, don't forget to tell me which paint scheme you prefer.
The SL intro AC was a lightweight, right? Why not use lighter looking legs like Dingo2? The increase in energy drain isn't that big. And if you end up feeling like you're too strapped for energy, try to squeeze in the PHAGE op. If it still doesn't work out, try upping to G91.

And if you feel that Dingo2 is overused, Dingo is fine too. 89F just isn't a very good pair of legs.
(02-07-2010, 11:46 PM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]The SL intro AC was a lightweight, right? Why not use lighter looking legs like Dingo2? The increase in energy drain isn't that big. And if you end up feeling like you're too strapped for energy, try to squeeze in the PHAGE op. If it still doesn't work out, try upping to G91.

And if you feel that Dingo2 is overused, Dingo is fine too. 89F just isn't a very good pair of legs.

I chose 89F because it's the closest looking leg to the one the AC:SL intro AC uses. have a look and you'll notice.

I had a small change to this AC, which included upping to CR-G91 and a few tweaks. Check it out.
Slower but higher acceleration? Sounds like a good deal.

I think you should keep the XS instead of using GIBBON2.

Also, VOLUTE will give you a bigger square box. Smile
MIROKU/MONJU have got a much quicker lock-on speed, something which shouldn't be ignored.
I've killed the XS and chosen the GIBBON2 because the GIBBON2 actually gives a small blade damage boost, and allows me to up my horrific EN defense.

And this AC isn't actually that slower than the other one, if not, just by a few KMPH. However, the heightened acceleration allows it to actually seem faster than it's older incarnation.

And, you haven't said which color you prefer! XD
Well I find that VOLUTE's bigger box is more useful than the slight lockspeed increase from MIROKU. But yes, that's a preference call.

I prefer the color scheme on the right.

Oh and try the S3 legs. Though the details of the 89F do look closer to the 84L2, the S3's silhouette is more similar IMO. You'll need to put back B81 and XS to fit the S3 though. You'll lose energy and speed for a lot more defense. But I really think EYE4, E2, XS, S3 looks much closer to the SL AC. Smile
I also have a remake in my garage, except it has to lose the KARASAWA. Nice paint schemes...
I think the MONJU will be a perfect compromise between the VOLUTE and the MIROKU. The MONJU offers a significantly large lock box for SP weapons with a reasonable lock speed for your weapons. The lock box increase IMO makes it better suited to your AC compared to the MIROKU, since I believe that holding a double lock on an opponent is much more effective in combat situations rather than a small lock box with a slightly quicker lock speed. Well, anyway that's up to you. :p

Oh, and I like red on white. I like race car paint schemes Tongue
Whoops, forgot that the MONJU existed... (Use the F73H too much! XD)

Yeah, it seems like a good alternate, although MIROKU seems better when goign versus flying people.
Ok so I actually bothered to measure the area of the KRSW lockbox (singlewield, with L+) using various FCSs.

I basically took a ruler and got the length and width of each box. L x W = A.

Note that the measurements aren't super accurate since I'm using a CRT TV. But the ranking should be correct for sure. Obviously, the measurements are based on what I see on my TV. But the ratios should be the same.

MONJU: ~19 x ~13.2 = ~250.8 sq cm
F73H: ~21 x ~12.2 = ~256.2 sq cm
MIROKU: ~15.9 x ~16.9 = ~268.7 sq cm
VOLUTE: ~17.2 x ~17.4 = ~299.3 sq cm

I think that speaks for itself.

I also bothered to check the PRACTICAL lockspeed of KRSW per FCS.

You can test this by using 2-player split screen. Have identical ACs, with each using a different FCS. Get in range with both ACs looking up. As soon as you're ready, just reset the view so they lock onto each other simultaneously. Compare the ping times. Repeat as many times as necessary.

As far as practical lockspeed for single-wield KRSW, F73H, MONJU, and VOLUTE are the same. MIROKU is slightly faster though it's hardly noticeable. The difference is almost negligible.
Ehehe.... Meticulous NIX!!!

Anyways, will be sticking to my kisaragi FCS...
Also... try VOLUTE2? I've had the impression that FCS likes special locks...
Volute2 was ~14 x ~15 = ~210 sq cm. Absolutely terrible. Lockspeed was similar to MIROKU though.
Ok, KISARAGI FTW Then!

VOLUTE when I need later...

I prefer horizontal coverage honestly, all ac's look up at the same speed. Turning is different though.