The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Avatar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
watch it XD

spoiler alert but the truth is Colonel Badass doesn't care about spoilers

he was obviously giving the two smurfs room to breathe so he pretended to be taken down with two instant kill HARPOONS to the heart and lung its all in his plan

but for now he has completed one of his main objectives and that is to kill the human/xenomorph queen hybrid. ( he just made it look like he was blindly spraying them with bullets)

its a fact that he would return again and kick their asses in part 2

end spoiler

Colonel Badass

decendant of King Leonidas

mentor to Chuck Norris (he actually falied to complete the training course)

great great great grandfather of Kamina
To those who are curious, we were talking about James Cameron's Avatar and possibly the most heroic and badass villain ever whom we simply called Col. Badass.

He was so pent up at capturing deserters from his base, that he actually forgot to breath and was only reminded about it by his subordinate. He also caught fire on his shoulder to which he let it burn for a minute and brushed it off like it was just a clump of dirt while trying to escape a burning ship. He also knives giant mutated and rabid rodents.

Oh and watch Avatar. Its a good movie, but Col. Badass steals the show just for being super badass.
He's so manly that he doesn't even need to breathe to kick your ass. He forgoes common sense just so he can take out those who he views as a threat. He gulps down steaming hot coffee while ordering an airstrike. He survives a missile explosion that kills his flight crew. He climbs into a battlesuit while his shoulder is on fire. He jumps out of a burning gunship just before it crashes and still manages to land with flair. He then proceeds to eliminate one of the film's deadliest animals with just his battlesuit's combat knife.

Just damn. Blink
(12-21-2009, 12:56 AM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]He gulps down steaming hot coffee while ordering an airstrike.

correction that was boiling smurf blood
Just saw avatar yesterday. Colonel badass was in fact (um) a MODAFUKIN BADASS(so full of badassness that I had to spell it all caps). That whole skit when he jumped off the gunship with the battlesuit realy overflowed the glass of badassery for me(nag pose pa pagkatapos, lol!).
Oh hell yeah!

"Colonel Miles Quaritch of Avatar. He's the villain, but that doesn't stop him from modding his AMP suit with a gigantic combat knife, or running out into Pandora's toxic atmosphere, guns blazing, without bothering to put a gas mask on. "

not as badass but connected and rather funny
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/geNY3YyDR-A&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/geNY3YyDR-A&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
tsk tsk tsk i missed it....
Just watched it yesterday. Really epic movie, and it may go down as the movie of the year. I was moved at some of the parts, like

when they were destroying Hometree. I felt like I played a part in the blame, really.

Col. Badass is a badass, but his character isn't very believable. Too one-dimensional, no clear motivation. I can't say that people like that really exist. :/
Avatar seemed really, really expensive to make.

(12-23-2009, 01:52 PM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]
when they were destroying Hometree. I felt like I played a part in the blame, really.

I was thinking Warcraft the whole time. Night Elves vs. Undead Scourge and the World Tree.

Quote:Col. Badass is a badass, but his character isn't very believable. Too one-dimensional, no clear motivation. I can't say that people like that really exist. :/

I think he was put there for comic relief? Pretty much everyone I've spoken to said he was like a funny cockroach that didn't want to die no matter what LOL
Saw it...I must be in the minority but I thought it wasn't very good to be honest Blink

there was even a moment where it looked like a disney film and they were about to break into a song and dance number Gentleman

but that's just me Ninja *hides*
actually for me it may just rate around above average that's why Col. Badass was the one that took the spotlight for me.
Saw this for free at a bus ride en route to Cabanatuan. LOL but it sucked, piracy, meh.

(12-23-2009, 03:15 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2009, 01:52 PM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]

I was thinking Warcraft the whole time. Night Elves vs. Undead Scourge and the World Tree.

Same here. And they reeeally looked somewhat like Night Elves. They were sort of mystics too, and the Avatars were some sort of abomination to them at the beginning, I guess.
Story was so-so but the whole experience was excellent. The movie really immerses you into this alien world (especially when you watch in 3D Tongue). Ridiculously good visuals, maybe except for the smurfs. 3D made my eyes tired after a while though.

(but for some reason, I couldn't shake off the feeling that I was watching a remake of Fern Gully)

Edit: And now that I googled it, I know I'm not the only one. Tongue
Some people need to play more video games:

Quote:Audiences experience 'Avatar' blues

James Cameron's completely immersive spectacle "Avatar" may have been a little too real for some fans who say they have experienced depression and suicidal thoughts after seeing the film because they long to enjoy the beauty of the alien world Pandora.

On the fan forum site "Avatar Forums," a topic thread entitled "Ways to cope with the depression of the dream of Pandora being intangible," has received more than 1,000 posts from people experiencing depression and fans trying to help them cope.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/0...index.html
Pages: 1 2 3