The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: LR: Tinsel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AC Name: Tinsel
Pilot’s Codename: DarkFury
AC Designation: Light Quad
[Image: Tinsel001.jpg]
Core Frame:
Head | Core | Arms | Legs
EYE3 | 99UL | MACAQUE | LF81
0/0/10/0/0 | 0/8/2/0/0 | 0/2/8/0/0 | 0/0/10/0/0

Internal Systems:
Booster | FCS | Generator | Radiator
VULTURE2 | LIMPET | G91 | ANANDA
0/3/0/7 | N/A | 0/10/0 | 0/0/10

Weapons and Armaments:
Inside | Extension | R Back | L Back
N/A | RM3 | 69M | HARPY
R Arm | L Arm | R Hanger | L Hanger
GHOST | MIST | N/A | N/A

Optional Parts:
AMINO | ES | SS | LA | L+ | CODON | R+ | MARISHI

Frame Color:
R/G/B
Base: 55/0/0
Aid: 130/160/200
Optional: 0/70/0
Detail: 140/115/50
Joint: 130/160/200

Weapons Color:
Back: White
R. Hand: Green
L. Hand: Red

Description: A light quad designed for mid-close range combat.

Tactics: Open up with Harpy/RM3 and try to whittle down your opponent a bit, when the Harpy is empty drop and continue assault with 69M/RM3. Keep the HG's for those who decide to come in close.

Known Issues: ?

Notes: These 2 HG's have the 2nd highest attack power of all the HG's.
A Christmas quad?

Aside from the legs, it looks decent. I know you don't want uber parts all around, so this should be good to go.
As usual, I'll say that it's always strange seeing quads without backcannons. But since I love the paint scheme so much, I think I can overlook that in this case. Hahahah. Cute design.
Go for the pulse rifles that shoot red and green orbs Big grin. IIRC the PERYTON shoots the red-pinkish balls and the ROC3 that fires green orbs.

You can make them your primary weapons and put some handguns on your hangars.:p
But Nix, it does have a cannon. albeit unconventional but a cannon nonetheless. That's the beauty of this design.

OC's are listed as the last single unit cannon type.

To top it off the design has 1700/1700 defense, 15k+ cooling, Stability is top notch.

Technically it's a MW based on overall weight but since it uses lw frame parts i consider it a light quad.
(12-21-2009, 08:47 AM)DarkFury Wrote: [ -> ]But Nix, it does have a cannon. albeit unconventional but a cannon nonetheless. That's the beauty of this design.

OC's are listed as the last single unit cannon type.

To top it off the design has 1700/1700 defense, 15k+ cooling, Stability is top notch.

That's like saying the LORIS arms are heavy weight arms because they're grouped with the heavy arms set. Roll eyes Anyway, its not a back cannon in the AC sense of the term no mater how fancy you want to word it. I'd like to think of them as unconventional missiles instead (EN damage, different flight properties, multi-lock etc). :p

Oh, and put some hanger weapons there as well. Better that you carry two when you don't need them, than carry none when you really need them.
It's like an exact opposite of a biped equipped with back mounted cannons.
I'd say put a GHOST2 instead of it's little brother, add a SLYPH on the left, and gimme some hangers. (WRAITH?)
Change that HARPY to a GLL for close range raping. XD
They are cannons no matter how you want to slice or dice it, just because they are not affixed to the ac in the traditional sense does not make them any less a cannon.

They don't even fit into the category of a missile. Missiles explode on impact with their target, OC's don't.

Suffice it to say they are staying.

T98,

You want me to go down from 15 ammo to 6 ? all because that GLL has higher attack power ?

That further limits any effectiveness of this AC. You're trying to pin me to the ground for a given time in the match. why ?

Any body who sees that GLL is going to stay at mid range and pick me apart a piece at a time if they can.
But isn't it at close range that you want them to stay for your NYMPHE+RM3 volleys? And your handguns can have decent range.

GLL can allow you to spam quick damage and reverse the tides of a battle quickly. That is, if you use it wisely
there's no Nymphe there T98. there's a 69M there.

i may still put hangers on here but I'll have to change to Monitor to maintain my defensive stats.