The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Ever notice......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ever notice.....

...That in previous AC games, when your AC kneels down to use a left-back-mounted cannon, the left arm would grab the barrel of the cannon an aim it but in the newer games, it doesn't do this anymore...

...That Mirage-made heads have a male computer vvoice while Crest-made heads have a female voice? (If Kisaragi made an AC head, would it sound like a homo?)

...That when you fight the Super Airborne Pulverizer, your special computer voice says "Special Weapon Destroyed."

what else did you guys notice?
...that quads now have a real walking animation, whereas in the older PS1 games, they didn't and just skated around?

Yeah, that's all I have for now. XD
the back cannon thing is better than the old-skool style because the nooball clone's left hand is free to swing successively without delay. the gunbarrel folding animation and the "grabbing' animation of the old-skool style caused delays.

then again, OP-I is lame. LOL
... large missiles, grenades and plasma shells doesn't have that explosive damage anymore?
... AI have the tendency to get stuck whenever cornered at a 45 degree angle?
... the Roc4 looks like the gun that the phantasma intro AC has?

-It's actually Xp-1000, it has more use now than before, so much use in fact, that it is now banned as a hanger weapon...-
splash damage became got weaker from ac2/ac3 onwards. case point: Karasawa.

back in the ps1 era, getting caught in the moonlight's wave explosion means death when your AP is in the red. i remember lord slayer getting caugh in his own explosion while we were blading each other back in PP. needless to say, he died. stupid plusmonkey ranker. Big grin
Why's that?
because you take splash damage from your own explosions. duh! LOL
What I mean is, why the karasawa?

In addition...
I like the weapons having splash damage... At least 10% of their damage will do...
question...

does the ROC4 also looks like the XP-2000? Nine-Ball's pulse rifle? :excited:

I'm using ROC4 on my revived Nine-Ball...

=^.^=
back in AC2, it was just as acurate as the 98L and the explosions caused splash damage. basically, you take damage from the big blue bolt as well as the big blue explosion IIRC.

compare that to what we have in AC3 and up to now. i don't know about nexus or NB, but the current karasawa has less accuracy and requires a double-lock.
-Does the Roc4 liike like the XP-2000?

No... I think XP-2k is supposed to have a laser sight under it...

I see... Now I know...
But still, I think they reduced the explosion damge to small...
Wala na nga yata eh...

Back then, explosions deliver around 5%-9% of the weapon's damage...
I hove they put it back...
hehehe... ok

but in my opinion, ROC4 can be the XP1000 or XP2000 :wink:

i've boot up my master of arena disk 2, and i've scrolled on the EX arena then on the humanoid legs division... then i've found the AC Wieder (pilot is Zweit, rank 10... which is equipped with WG-XP2000)... that AC is the same AC in the cover poster of ACTongueP... and also in AC:LR (in the VR arena, AC Alie / pilot Quota)

ok, i can't find some decent pics of XP1000, XP2000 and ROC4... but just i looked on ROC4, i've notice the bottom part of the muzzle/barrel of the gun, there is an extension of something, a little longer than the top barrel... which is close on the characteristics of the XP2000 (Nine-Ball's pulse rifle). but the ROC4 is a little bit small, just like the XP1000... so meaning the ROC4 have some characteristics of the two old pulse rifles, appearance wise.

also, ROC4's firing rate can be compared to XP2000 (XP1000's can fire its rounds faster...)

=^.^=
XP-1000 lang ang baril ni Zweit...

Wait a while...

here we go...

<a href='http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledgg0.jpg' target='_blank'>http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledgg0.jpg</a>

THis is from Project Phantasma's intro, with Zweit and his XP-1000...
This pic also proves that FROM has ideas of what their parts should look like...
All they really needed is a stronger graphics engine...
...that Mirage has a certain way of naming their parts.

Heads - insects (HORNET)
Cores - Greek gods (HELIOS)
Arms - Primates (LEMUR)
Weapon Arms - Constellations (LEO)
Legs:
Bipeds - Predatory mammals (DINGO)
RJs - Herbivorous mammals (GOAT)
Quads - Reptiles (GAVIAL)
Tanks - Predatory mammals (GRIZZLY)
Hovers - Predatory sea mammals (SEALION)
Boosters - birds (VULTURE)
FCS - corals/shells (COWRY)
Generator - flowers (MAGNOLIA)
Radiator - Marine invertebrates (SQUID)
Extension - fishes (REMORA)
Weapons - mythical and legendary creatures (HYDRA, GERYON, GORGON, etc, etc)
Optional parts - not really sure (ORGANELLE, PHAGE)
<!--QuoteBegin-Fox+Oct 4 2006, 10:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fox @ Oct 4 2006, 10:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Radiator - Marine invertebrates (SQUID)
[/quote:919d982a2c]
I think you mean Inside parts? :tongue:

Quote:Optional parts - not really sure (ORGANELLE, PHAGE)

I think they're microscopic bodies inside cells. I think.

Yup, I noticed this too... actually, AC parts (in NX and up, specifically) have a very well-worked out system for names... there's actually a little FAQ that came out in GameFAQs a while ago about this. Author's name was Ailerion, and the specific game was Nexus. I don't know if I can hotlink it here though, so I'm telling you guys about it instead.
Pages: 1 2 3