The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Castlvania: Symphony of the Night
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Possibly few of the gamers here haven't played this magnificent game. It was really at roughly the same time as the first AC game, way back in late 1997. The level of exploring and the sheer depth of gameplay had me hooked for months. Never before had a game enthralled me so much.

I first picked it up around may 1998 and by the end of the year, i was still playing. Side-scrollers like these aren't around much anymore. Those of you who have a copy: never let them out of your sight.

Sigh, they don't make game like these anymore. :meh:
Quote:Sigh, they don't make game like these anymore. :meh:
No, they don't.

But as to the game: Hell yeah!

Alucard is the only Castlevania character I truly consider 'badass'. Richter and the other Belmonts are too emo for my tastes, LOL.

Ever notice that after this game, a slew of white-haired, stoic characters made their way into the video gaming scene? Dante of Devil May Cry, Hector of Curse of Darkness...

Symphony of the Night is truly one of the best games ever for me, period. I finished this game to full completion, like, three times over. Nakakaaddict!

I remember that one weapon setup that made you virtually invincible once you reached around level 60-70: dual Crissaegrims. Ouch. Old man Count Dracula went down in like, 10 seconds with these two bad boys, hehe :tongue:
alucard vs dante who will win

ako draw dahil parehas sila astig xD
Muramasa to max level pa rin...
Ulam~!

Finished it 3 times, reversed castle and all...
And with a maxed out Muramasa~!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA~~!

Ahem...

This game's one of the coo~oolest I have ever played...
Alucard would disarm Dante in one heartbeat.

Then suck his blood and turn him into a vampire in another.
I can't think of anything clever to type right now so i'll just say this:

THIS IS THE FINEST GAME EVER RELEASED ON THE PSONE.
Hi guys. Do you know why I haven't been as active recently? It's because I've been playing the Castlevania games for Game Boy Advance: Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, and Aria of Sorrow.

They're all EXCELLENT games in the vain of SOTN. Heck, you can think of them as portable SOTNs. Try an emulated version of any of the 3 I mentioned above. Highly recommended.

I'd love to play Dawn of Sorrow and the other Castlevania games for DS... but alas, I don't have one.
SotN has been out for almost a decade, yet it's one of the few old games I go back to playing every once in a while (Front Mission 3 and Xenogears are some of the others). There is utter satisfaction in playing through the game. And, yeah, I agree, they don't make games of this kind anymore. Or at least they rarely do. The only drawback I can think of for SotN is that Dracula becomes too easy at too high a level. You just don't get to enjoy the ultimate weapons that long in any one engagement. LOLz.
If you want games that extend the SoTN experience, try the GBA castlevania games. The gameplay and even the graphics are pretty much the same, although a tiny bit simplified.
Where'd you find those cartridges, NiX? I've tried several shops for the past few years but have had no luck in finding them. The last Castlevania that i played that even had a smattering of SOTN in it was Curse of Darkness. Not quite as good as Symphony but still a worthy addition. Only annoying thing about it was the repetitive and unimaginative enemy design as well as a rather reused hero character.

Think about it, just slap a cape on Hector and see who he looks like...
Try Aria of Sorrow, its prolly the best of the GBA Castlevania titles and is the closest to SOTN in terms of game play among the GBA titles. The game play for the DS Castlevania games is much closer to SOTN than those in the GBA.

There are working DS emulators (No$GBA, Enasta, IdeaS, DSemu) in case you're interested, which work properly given enough RAM on your PC, so you can probably try playing some of the DS titles, though for most of them, the touch screen feature is still a little buggy.
Well, an officemate said they'll loan me their copy of Aria. Then again, i'll hafta dig my GBA outta the mothballs for that one...

But seeing this thread makes me wanna play Symphony one more time. And for this round, i'll try staying away from the Crissaegrim and the Vorpal Blade. Should be enough of a challenge to try getting through the game with only Adrian Fahrenheit Tepes's default equips.
With a decent level (and MP), the Alucard Sword is even enough to take on Dracula. The teleport move of the sword can evade and at the same time hack at Dracula. Actually, I think Dracula is relatively easier compared to the other boses. But either way, it's fun taking on him without the best weapons and a high level. Tongue

I like the Alucard vs. Doppleganger fights.
Try finishing SotN using only Alucard's fists. Ang hirap!

I'll play it again too, and will steer clear of the 'grims for as long as I can.
I love fist of tulkas. Tama ba spelling? Pati Alucard sword, sobrang satisfying gamitin. Crissaegrim just sucks the fun out of Symphony of the Night.

Fox, I play these games on my phone's GBA emulator. I'll let you try Aria of Sorrow later. Then again, I don't think there's any point to this post because you'll probably only read this when we get back from Jake's. Hahah
Pages: 1 2