The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Libertas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Libertas (freedom)

[Image: Libertas01.jpg]

frame parts
EYE4 - 60 solid defense, 40 energy defense
E2 - 30 cooling, 50 shell defense, 20 energy defense
SL/MACAQUE (SL pictured) - 20 cooling, 50 solid defense, 30 energy defense
COUGAR2 - 50 shell defense, 50 energy defense

internals
VULTURE2 - 100 booster heat
F73H
G91 - 100 energy output
ANANDA - 30 energy drain, 70 cooling

armaments
RM3
SATYROS
R2
R3

optionals
AMINO
069ES
069SS
071EC
079L+
CODON
MARISHI

Another frame compliant with my mainstay style of rifle/missile spamming. This is another incarnation of the Accendare AC that spawned the Auriga, Astralis and Asmodai variants, all of which are dual rifle rushers. This is the first one that i built that actually uses the R2/R3 rifle combo and i'm pretty pleased with it. At first i was a little unhappy with this combo as the shell velocities were slower than what i was used to and the ammo count was pretty low. After testing it out, i found out that a high ammo count wasn't really needed as the accuracy of the shots more than made up for it.

With this frame, mid-range fights can be handled with either dual-rifle blitzing or spamming the R3 while readying the missiles. Close-range can be done with blitzing using both rifles and the EOs. Of course, since it's using the E2, i can't use my beloved hanger combo of SYLPH/69H. Sad
Nice bot. I do have one critique though, which is that this AC would benefit much more from a GAEA or and OB core, as the 98E2 is more for CQC.

OB would allow you do a lot of things you can't do for now, like running away fast if closed up to much, or just get closer to a fleeing foe.

GAEA is basically the Medium Range EO boss, it does good damage, and has good velocity/power ratio. It also has unlimited ammo. Tongue

I'd change the head to EYE1 so you may free up the SS slot, then put a shade instead of the R2. You can then feel free to change the SL to the MACACQUE, and the back SATYROS to the 69M back missile.

Try those, and tell me what you think.
Thanks for the comments, T98! Tried some of them out but didn't really like how my playstyle got altered. Never was a fan of energy weapons so i don't really use them much in any of my designs, be it cores or guns. The SHADE is more of a tactical weapon that needs each shot to count and i prefer guns that are more spam-friendly so i've never really used it. The SL and MACAQUE are alternated depending on the situation although the MACAQUE get to see more action than the SL does. I'm also not too fond of the basic missile and i prefer the SATYROS/RM3 combo in most of my dual-gun frames.

Haven't tested the GAEA on this one though. I'll try it out tomorrow.