The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Scribblenauts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just picked this game up for the DS. Interesting little thing. There's a sandbox mode, puzzle mode, and "action" mode (puzzles that require more action). cute style.

I've fiddled around in sandbox mode and done a few missions. Fun so far.

A few things discovered through sandbox:
  • God beats Satan (and probably everything else)
  • Lucifer is a prawn
  • Hydras are a bitch
  • Medusa makes an awesome weapon
  • Succubus < Anonymous < Demon
They even threw in a few memes.
"The goal is simple - help our Maxwell reach the Starite by solving each challenge - but the mission before you can range from straightforward to downright tricky! To catch the Starite, write any object you can think of and watch as it comes to life."

(Requested by Kayle) Get the ROM here, I did a little renaming so that it stays up:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NCXSMXT7

[Image: picture.jpg]

I've been playing this non-stop over the past few days. It's so addicting. The reason for this is simple. You can literally write down almost anything and it'll appear. Teleporters, time machines, goats, mom, me, you, rifles, robots, eggs, GOD, and even things that aren't functional in RL yet like jetpacks and UFOs, all just to solve puzzles.
Yes, goats. -_-

I've been playing this on my sister's DS for a while. I summoned a terrorist, cyborg, devil, zombie; they killed the teacher in one of the stages. Also tried summoning a Mad Cat/Timberwolf (mech), but for some reason I couldn't kill them! Sad

And yes, it has gas masks.
(09-17-2009, 06:45 PM)Jask Wrote: [ -> ][*]Lucifer is a prawn

PRAWN~ Clapping
Been looking at vids of this and I have to say that this is the most creative game I've seen in years.

I love how they put in so much random stuff in the game.

What do you get when you put in Armored Core? Hahahh.
My pokemon type analysis of the scribblenauts creatures:

Did a bit of experimenting. I was able to produce a t-rex, diplodocus, triceratops, cerberus, hercules, hydra, dragon, leviathan, kraken, and a few others.

Of course, I made them fight each other!

The result is that hydra is probably the most powerful monster in the game. It can stand toe to toe with god. Though it'll lose, god can be killed (LOL!!!) in about one hit afterwards. God cheats, because he has stun and knockback. You can get around this by summoning two monsters to fight him at the same time. They'll put up a better fight because god can only stun/knockback one of them per hit.

For example, 2 dragons can kill god but god can kill 2 dragons if they fight him one at a time.

By the way, the 2nd strongest monster is the leviathan, but it's water only. Aside from the t-rex, the dinosaurs are pretty weak. While Satan/devil is also pretty weak compared to the mythological monsters, Hercules is freakin' gay. He literally runs away from some of them and dies in one hit.

Random cool stuff:
- Electrocuting a corpse will turn it into a zombie.
- UFO is one of the best modes of transportation in the game (thanks to Rick for the hint)
- I prefer using wings or jetpack to fly short distances. How do you guys fly?

@ Nix: No copyrighted stuff in the game. It says so in the intro Tongue
Must..get..DS..for..realz. D:

These games can't simply be played on PC-emu Sad
Hahah has anyone tried using the time machine? My sister ended up going to a weird place with cyborgs. Taminata! LOL
Question - are you able to use mecha here? Like putting in something generic like "giant robot", what do you get?
(11-10-2009, 10:38 AM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Question - are you able to use mecha here? Like putting in something generic like "giant robot", what do you get?

You get a Mad Cat for typing in "mech". Android and robot are the same iirc.

@Shin:

Actually, it works with DeSmuME. I just tried it for the lulz and it worked like a charm! Thanks to your rant, I can now play it even while my sister's away. Only works with either XP or Win7 btw.

http://blog.srichnet.info/archives/89
(11-10-2009, 01:26 AM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]My pokemon type analysis of the scribblenauts creatures:

Did a bit of experimenting. I was able to produce a t-rex, diplodocus, triceratops, cerberus, hercules, hydra, dragon, leviathan, kraken, and a few others.

Of course, I made them fight each other!

The result is that hydra is probably the most powerful monster in the game. It can stand toe to toe with god. Though it'll lose, god can be killed (LOL!!!) in about one hit afterwards. God cheats, because he has stun and knockback. You can get around this by summoning two monsters to fight him at the same time. They'll put up a better fight because god can only stun/knockback one of them per hit.

For example, 2 dragons can kill god but god can kill 2 dragons if they fight him one at a time.

By the way, the 2nd strongest monster is the leviathan, but it's water only. Aside from the t-rex, the dinosaurs are pretty weak. While Satan/devil is also pretty weak compared to the mythological monsters, Hercules is freakin' gay. He literally runs away from some of them and dies in one hit.

Random cool stuff:
- Electrocuting a corpse will turn it into a zombie.
- UFO is one of the best modes of transportation in the game (thanks to Rick for the hint)
- I prefer using wings or jetpack to fly short distances. How do you guys fly?

@ Nix: No copyrighted stuff in the game. It says so in the intro Tongue

I here a blob beats god easy. And longcat beats god too.
New stuff. Found out vampire beats god because it turns god into a ghoul. Summoning a wand will give you a weapon that will turn anything into a frog in one shot.

Found something better than a UFO. Pteranodon!!!! XD~

Want to test the hp of a summon? Get a tank and see how many shells it survives XD

Crashed the game in one of the world 2 stages (Trick or Treat) by summoning Santa to give candies to the kids, probably because Santa is an infinite goodie bag.

Crashed the game in world 5 by falling from high distances, past certain barriers.

Also, I'm not reading up on the game on the internet at all (aside from here on RR) because I like to figure things out for myself.
Myuuu! Want this game!Domo

Durn office compy doesn't allow downloading.
The game has hoverboards in it! Yes, from back to the future LOL

Edit: They can't go over water, but we already knew that LOL
cabs asked me to type GAMER

what came out isa a spiky haired guy with a black shirt with a nes controller design. with cargo pants

then he asked me to type VIRGIN

the same thing came out.

LOLRoflRoflRofl
Pages: 1 2