The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Pets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any pet lovers here?

I know that HayWire adopted some cats and Jake adopted his brother's rabbit, etc.

As for me, my family used to have a Japanese Spitz when I was still really young. Her name was Melody. I wasn't really into dogs then so I didn't play with her at all and I don't even recall her being let out of her cage. My mom eventually took pity on her and just gave her to my grandmother where she could roam freely. She eventually got hit by a tricycle though, since she wasn't very street-smart. Sad

When I was a bit older, my grandfather was given a dachshund puppy as a gift. My uncle named her Nissan, since their previous dachshund was named Datsun (loooong story. maybe for another post.) It was so cute that I asked if I could keep it. I gave her much more attention than Melody, though I now realize that I could have done better. Immaturity, I guess. She died of heartworms. Sad

Fairly recently, my girlfriend gave me two kittens. This time, I really tried to take care of them as best I could. I kept them outside the house because my mom didn't want them shedding fur inside. I let them roam around freely since I didn't have the heart to cage them, though i did try to block routes out of our compound. But being curious kitties, they still found a way and strayed too far one day. I think they got run over. Sad

So yeah, not too lucky with pets. My girlfriend had 12 dogs at one point in time... around 9 right now, I think. I cringe at the thought of living with that many dogs. LOL I really like cats better.
(09-07-2009, 12:28 AM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]I really like cats better.

Then your avatar should be a lolcat instead? Smile

I've only ever liked dogs, I think they're much warmer and loyal than cats. When I was young we had a lot of puppies go through the household, so I've been told, but I really only remember two that become full-fledged pets. Both of them were askals, Snoopy and Boomer. Snoopy was the older one. As he got older he was chained outside the house. One morning we found he escaped, and we never saw him again. I always figured he got eaten. True story.

Boomer lived to be very old, until he got a bit senile and would bark and snarl at us. My dad put him down to sleep shortly after. He was the first dog to really grow up with me, so I'll always have fond memories.

Our current dog is Cloey, a golden retriever. She's already 8 years old, and she has stage 3 heartworms - we've been told stage 4 is when the dog should be put to sleep already. Out of all the dogs we've owned, she's the one I'm closest too. Maybe because I actually took part in taking care of her, and also because she's always been excited by the presence of people.

I figure when I grow up, I'll get a Doberman. I think they're handsome creatures. Or maybe a Pug.
The one on my avatar is cuter than any lolcat I can think of, hahah. I think I just like cats because they're more similar to me.

Cool, my girlfriend's dog of 15 (yes, 15) years was also named Boomer.

[Image: boomer.jpg]

Really cute, really really loyal dog. I could see that this dog really loved his owner. I really liked him too. He was a cross between a poodle and a japanese spitz and he was about the size of a big schitzu. Was really sad when he died.
i like cats waaaaaaay better than dogs for quite a few reasons
1. you don't have to walk them
2. you don't have to clean up after them
3. a bath twice a month is ok
4. they purr
5. they're cute too!

besides, i'm quite afraid of dogs bigger than a lap dog. i like lap dogs in a way--cause they're small and non-threatening. Big dogs are a different matter, i mean, they're cute and all but i have this urge to run away or basically hurt them in some way for fear of my life when they get too close for comfort. God, when i was in kinder this big ass dog chased me for no apparent reason, hence my hatred of their kind was born.

i also like turtles <3
very much so
Turtles are cute, yeah, 'til they start snapping at your fingers. I almost had my finger cut to the bone by a snapper back when I was a pre-teen, I think, and I still have the scar to prove it. >_<

As for pets, I like them as long as they behave and aren't too messy. I grew up to a household having a dog chained near the door, so I grew fond of them. First one of them was name Kire (synonym ng malandi LOL ), who was riddled with ticks and died when she got away one day and got eaten by nearby lasenggos.

Next, we had a cute, white dog who was Kire's offspring(forgot his name), but sadly, he also died at the hands of hungry drunkards.

Next I remember, my sister had a cute little pup, also forgot the name, that she used to love soooo much to the point that the pup can't even walk properly because he was too stuffed with dog food. My tita found him one afternoon half-dead, he had gotten strangled by his loooong leash, then he slipped into a nearby canal. He died soon after. Tragic Sad

Then came the time of the Pitbulls, my cousin likes to raise them for fighting, so they were robust, strong and full of battle-scars. Nonetheless, they were affectionate despite their scary nature. I vaguely remember three generations passing our house.

Along with the pitbulls, we had a daschund-askal mixbreed that we raised, and I really liked it 'cause it was a brown, perky-eared shorty. Time passed and I grew more into games and school so I only had time to pat it a few times everytime I passed by. My tita's household just fed it leftovers, and eventually she became old and grew very thin because she wasn't eating well. Then we moved to where we live now, and the last time I saw her, she was already very weak. Sad I think she's already gone.

Only fun that I had with the dogs other than the affection was with the pitbulls, it seems. They scare the heck out of visitors because of the way they barked (I had fun with visiting female classmates). They were very strong too, since my cousin had them wear thick chains as leashes. They could literally drag me along as they ran.

As for cats, there were lots of street cats where I used to live. Though they were afraid of people, they grew fond of me because I gave them food anytime I can. There's even this one cat that had a chain on it's neck made of aluminum soda openers. Cool cat.

As I was walking home one night, while I was on the phone with GF, I heard a kitten mew. I found two of them, shivering in the wet road as it just rained. I remember how I carried it home on my polo pocket, it was noisy for a while then it slept, comfy in the little pocket. So cute :3

We eventually named it Milky. It had a monster appetite for milk. Sobrang galit sya sa feeder bottle nya, I had bloody fingers everytime I fed her. And she would drink 3/4ths of a bottle every feeding time, non-stop.

I brought Milky over to where my GF lives, and they happily adopted her. Now it's a mother of 2 generations of cats. Mmm kittens.

Uber long post >_<.. I really like pets, but I don't have any as of now.
I'm okay with both cats and dogs. But I'm not a dog slobber fan so tiny dogs are fine...
big dogs = faucet of saliva = D:

Back when I was little I love animals; and I still do - but this time I'm willing to randomly grab one off the street XD

Before we used to have chickens,ducks,turtles, parrots, cocktails and etc.

But it was getting crowded and messy in the house so the chickens and ducks were sent to the farm in Cavite.

The turtles, parrots and cocktails stayed till they died.

The rest either lived on, died or multiplied o_O

I have a pet Maltese, we shaved her XD (Now she looks like a permanent puppy)
She's older than my watch (I have had my watch since 3rd grade)
She always barks when the car is nearing our house (beats the doorbell LOL)

We have a Himalayan cat in the house.
She was born last year on my birthday so I got to name her - I named her after my RO character; Maia. LOL

For the 2 strays I got from the school - they weren't allowed inside because Maia's mom didn't like them...but Maia's mom isn't around anymore so...uh...yey? They don't have names yet. We do know they're both female.

...I miss Sherbet (Maia's mom)

We also have rabbits...lots of rabbits...
The ordinary gray rabbit SOMEHOW mated with the dwarf rabbit so now we have two 2-week old half-breed baby rabbits Blink
I wanna name one Dynus XD (One of my OTHER RO characters)

I heard from my mom that she ordered me a Chihuahua o_O

YEY A CHIHUAUHA Clapping
I always wanted one XD
I keep dogs. I've had a record of keeping other creatures, like spiders, snakes, birds, mice, hamsters, crabs, frogs, fish, etc. For one reason or the other they died or I had to let them go.

But apparently I like keeping dogs the most.

There was this time in our province I took care of like 20 Dogs, who were all watch-dogs for the chicken farm. I swear I could do Strider Hiryuu's Legion Attack (see: Marvel Vs Capcom) with those guys.

I don't really take care of particular breeds. Almost all of them were askals. Today I have one dog, I believe he's an askal but I also think he looks like a Cardigan Welsch Corgi (think Cowboy Bebop's Ein, but with a longer tail and a different color). He's quite retarded, but I think that's mostly my fault since I just trained him for really basic stuff such as:

- Stay out of my house.
- You take a shit in this zone.
- When I tug your collar you follow me.

The dog seems to have caught on to the idea that whenever I throw something he should go after it, and then he holds onto it.

Personally I like medium-sized to big dogs. They're much more fun to train than the small ones.

When I have a place of my own I'll probably try to adopt a chow-chow (or how ever it's spelled) because it looks like a bear.
Shin: Wow that's a really cute cat story. :3

HayWire: You have so many pets! That sounds like a zoo. LOL Oh man you have a Himalayan cat?

[Image: bamrwa85.jpg]

Those are sooooo cute. Aren't they expensive? I'd love to have one, but I think their fur is going to trigger allergies for me. LOL

Maybe I'll keep a chartreaux indoors when I have my own house. I think their coat is really beautiful.

[Image: chartreux.jpg]

HayWire still: Chihuahuas are the tamest of all dog breeds, if I remember correctly. I have a feeling that your cats are going to bully it. Especially if it's a smaller type of chihuahua. LOL

Aruren: Chowchows are so fierce. >_< They're really moody and it takes them a while to warm up to someone. But yes, they're cute.
Goat Wrote:I always have problems feeding my fat-ass dog. He eats too much and then vomits, and then tries eating it AGAIN and AGAIN until he stops vomitting, so that's why I had to give him less food, but he finishes the other dogs' food. He's more of a greedy-glutton fool. He only goes near you and is usually "naglalambing-lambing" kapag may pagkain kang dala. Whenever I try holding him without any food, he would always get his head off my arm and tries to use me so I could give him some more food, but at least he still has a sense of authority. Lol.

Ah. We moved our Macau (or was it Macaw? I forgot.) and the two cockatoos to a private zoo a long time ago. Owned by my dad's friend. Teh birds are a excited since it has a bigger cage. Though there is a bit of problem whenever my Macau speaks. My father's friend told my father that it was always saying "Bert gago.", "Bert tamad.", "Bertae-bertae.", "Beeeeert." and more negative words about me. Fucking crap. It's my crappy sister's fault.

My toy poodles are one of my most annoying pets ever. They bark all day and even ended up on a wild-goose chase. They stole my father's Amazing Phone camera and I had to chase them, spinning around and trying to reach areas where I couldn't fit in. Whenever I hold them they would always bite my hair off. Lol.

My Belgian doggies are always naughty and they seem to beat the crap outta me. Puro putik at balahibo ang damit ko.

I just had to quote this again from HayWire's thread. I'm being a lazy bastard like our Big Boss here.

And just to add, this greedy dog I was talking about has a brother who's overly sensitive. Just give him an angry voice tone and you've already sent him home, with ears and his head looking down and depressed.

Other than that, he's the most affectionate pet I've ever had, and also possibly one of the smartest I've ever had along with his brother. This batch I currently have understands non-verbal language even at the slightest movement (they understand hand movement-communication very well). And yes, organic doorbells. Our car, us, strangers, whatever.

I also have a mutt (pomeranian+?) who I'm very lenient with. Likes to rest on my lap while I keep playing my video games, and while eating breakfast/lunch/dinner at the dining room. Big grin

Most of them are about 7-8 years afaik. Not sure how long they'll last though. It's been very wonderful with them, but this'll be my last batch of pets.
Hahahah Bert sobrang natawa ako diyan sa ibon na minumura ka. LOL Laughtrip talaga. LOL

Who would've thought a thread on animals is what it'd take to produce the most serious RR thread ever. Tongue
My cheeks hurt so bad after reading that. Gold material Bert LOL

As for pets, I never really had one. Except for the occasional stray cat that I feed once in a while, I really prefer cats over dogs, but dogs aren't bad as long as they don't bite :p. I had a friend (Octavious) who had a dog named Jack who was so territorial that it even jumped the fence and chased an elderly couple taking a morning stroll around the block. Since then his mutt was known as Jack the Ripper.

I was into this girl back in college who liked frogs. I dunno if she really kept them as a pet, but I think it was weird for someone like her to like frogs.

I still would like to own a cat one day :3
lol bert nice story LOL

I like cat, dogs, and birds as pet problem is my father is allergic to fur so no cats and dogs as I said before we have had bad luck raising love birds so unfortunately all I have is a cactus and the traumatized family hen (the rooster died XD)

EDIT: oh yeah we also had fish ... until my kuya decided to find out how they tasted ...

and a hamster ... which died due to my mother's care.
I'm a cat person... I'd take care of a hell lot if only my lola likes them. She's terrified of furry creatures.

My Bossing Carlo had a kitten once named Boobie. Nagtatago sa sulok pag nakikita ako tapos sabay ambush.
During overnights, I always play with her.
I miss Boobie... RIP.

Bertae. Ahaha.
We sorta...BREED the Himalayan cats. ( Maia's such an adorable cat but if you visit my DA often and read about Maia the character - you're so effing dead if you call her cute T.T )

ANYWAYS,

I forgot to mention;

My class is going to have a class pet - the vice-pressie doesn't want a hamster or guinea pig because it looks like a rat to her XD

So we're most likely getting a rabbit Owo...

My club is ALSO getting a club pet (Pet Pals Club LOL). It's either a rabbit or a turtle, depends on how much one costs and how hard it is to take care of one XD

(IMO, rabbits are sorta hard to take care of D: )
http://www.katwallks.com/customerphotos.htm

Must. Install. This. In. House.
Pages: 1 2